First the good news: BOBAH13 has updated XWindows Dock.
However, in that same breath, the announcement:
BOBAH13, On behalf of all of us here at Aqua-soft, thank you, for all the hard work and emulation/customization joy you've given us with your dock. We wish you the best with your work/life/play; you've gained the admiration of many around the world. From Seattle, Washington USA, a sincere thank you!
Now I haven't any time to continue working at the dock. Thanks.
Now, without further adieu: XWindowsDock has been updated from v5.6 to v5.6+. (So far, it would seem this release does not come with an incremented version number.)
Click HERE to go to the download thread & release announcement.
Some observations on what I've found and like so far:
- The "Access Violation" Error upon startup has seemingly been fixed (Tested on Windows XP SP2)
- UPDATE: Error message still appears on my XP SP3 machines, however, you have a new "Error Dialog" which gives you options to "continue," "cancel," "send error report" etc.
- UPDATE: Gallery view mode no longer crashes and is very usable! This is a big improvement. (If only we could assign PNG's to Gallery Items, we'd have a Gallery Launcher )
- Layer order of 'Children' windows seems to have been fixed. (Now you will not have the parent window on top of it's child window.)
- Skins for v5.6 seem to work on this updated version.
When the organization of support and release threads have been sorted out, I'll update this announcement with the appropriate links.
Please stay tuned.