Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[release] Photobooth Clone!

80 posts in this topic

Hi Jchaike, I don't have a problem with it at all =) I haven't been responding to anything in the past month because school has been really busy but if there's anything, feel free to email me. As for the app, I will try to get an update out soon.

I'm kind of surprised to not see more people commenting on this, it's by far the best PhotoBooth clone

And an update would be great :)

Edited by SbuxBlaze

This thing is a piece of crap.

It asks me for access to my mic and camera and then nothing happens.

That is a little harsh, seems there is a bug but most of it seems to work fine here.

That is a little harsh, seems there is a bug but most of it seems to work fine here.

I agree, try to give constructive criticism, have some respect for the time and effort people take to create these free applications.

read before u complain...make sure ur internet explorer is updated. and install adobe flash 10..maybe his computer crap..u have to be updated boy! :lol: :lol:

i love this application..its work great here.. cant wait for new version. tnx to karthik :rolleyes:

One of the problems I see a lot of people have is that they don't select the correct video camera in the flash drop down list. If you try cycle through a few of them you should find one that works. I also had trouble getting this to work on linux as some linux web-cams simply don't support flash.

I'll get my ass to work on an update soon once midterms are over. ciao

You're an idiot.

At least read through the thread for how to sort it, before you call a very good program 'crap'. I'd like to see you make a better Photobooth clone.

Edited by Greg27

Also make sure that your IE Flash player is updated to 10. I had a similar problem and updating was the missing piece :D .

the app works great but the back drop thing doesnt work well

when i enter the frame after it tells me to, the background is barely there

i have vista and use the built in webcam thats on my hp dv6000

Can someone please help me; i just got my web cam today and i tried using this program and it didnt work.

what happening is i open the program it detects the camera and then asks to access it or something i click accept then it says an error has occurred and the program must close...??

help me pleasee

You're an idiot.

At least read through the thread for how to sort it, before you call a very good program 'crap'. I'd like to see you make a better Photobooth clone.

Oh snap! I'd like to see you make better screenshots...

But, I have better things to do with my time. Watch your tongue, boy!

Edited by KAWSquared

lol

What does his shots have to do with this application?

fail

Ok mate maybe take a step back, breath deeply and then read what others are saying before shooting from the hip.

Sharp comments can be fun, but they can also be plain irritating. I don't think many people here have any problem with the fact that you might like a particular app, just try and follow it up with something constructive.

That way we all win....

LOL

I don't know about Vista, but I also tested on Win7 and it works correctly

NEW:

I added the Animated Backgrounds in the third page of effects which weren't present in the previous exefile, so there are 8 more files inside the standalone exefile as you can see in the screenshot.

w7.jpg

Running on Win7 with 5 animated backgrounds and 3 static ones

You can get it here: PhotoBooth + BG 4.9 MB (5,057,998 bytes)

Just if you don't know, the following......

Requirements:

- Adobe Flash Player 10.

- A webcam :P (or a virtual one like Manycam).

To remember settings : Right click and choose Settings and in privacy section choose Allow and check Remember. There you can also choose the Camera and many other options.

Thanks A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone in the world help me with this ive been trying to get this program to work for almost 3 weeks now :angry: but whenever i open it says an error has occurred and it closes right away. Same thing happens when i try to use my webcam with an internet website that requires access to it my internet just crashes?

Maybe a flash problem idk..

can anyone help plasee!!!

@vmart3:

Maybe problem with webcam drivers?

Try download AVICap, AMCap, or Virtualdub and try capture video with webcam. If it crashes too then you have problems.

I have similar problems but because I have both a video capture board and a webcam, and some programs doesn't let me choose which capture device to use (fortunately enough Abobe Flash 9 did let me choose the webcam so at least Flash webcam stuff works ok here).

Try capturing video from webcam with differents programs (don't use the one included with webcam... but if it crashes too then there's a serious problem)

i tried amcap i before and it worked fine. its only with some programs; should i call up logetech?

I don't know about Vista, but I also tested on Win7 and it works correctly

NEW:

I added the Animated Backgrounds in the third page of effects which weren't present in the previous exefile, so there are 8 more files inside the standalone exefile as you can see in the screenshot.

w7.jpg

Running on Win7 with 5 animated backgrounds and 3 static ones

You can get it here: PhotoBooth + BG 4.9 MB (5,057,998 bytes)

Just if you don't know, the following......

Requirements:

- Adobe Flash Player 10.

- A webcam :P (or a virtual one like Manycam).

To remember settings : Right click and choose Settings and in privacy section choose Allow and check Remember. There you can also choose the Camera and many other options.

when i go to the 3rd screen with the different background options, it tells me to step out of the background.. so i did, but when it tells me to step back in, the background gets messed up.. why is that???

This really is a great app. i would love the ability to have a adobe air application that records video. that would be amazing. thanks for taking the time to make it into something that my friends who have macs cant tell the difference of.