Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ipod Touch Jailbreaking?

9 posts in this topic

Right, so I just bought an iPod Touch 8GB G2 and have been reading about jailbreaking to allow a kind of "Disk mode" so i can customize the icons, backgrounds, add non-apple apps blah, blah. Would this be safe or would it knacker my iPod up?

Has anyone else done this yet?

cheers :D

Right, so I just bought an iPod Touch 8GB G2 and have been reading about jailbreaking to allow a kind of "Disk mode" so i can customize the icons, backgrounds, add non-apple apps blah, blah. Would this be safe or would it knacker my iPod up?

Has anyone else done this yet?

cheers :D

Dude it is totally safe to do this. I jailbroke my iPod Touch plenty of times and none of them messed up. I used Ziphone to do it. It only took like two minutes and you don't have to do anything.

Just Remember:You can always restore you iPod touch from within iTunes. You should try it out!

Ah, cheers pal, i will be jailbreaking it today! :D

Thanks for that, it caused it to get stuck in "recovery mode" and had to take it back to the shop. I checked reviews on ziphone and every site said not to use it as it breaks your iPod.

:angry:

when in recovery mode, iTunes can usually fix it.

Anyway, at the moment there is no jailbreak option for the iPod touch of the 2nd generation.

the suggestion to use ziphone with a 2g touch wasn't safe to begin with. 2g jailbreak has only been available for a couple of week, since March, and there is no "one-click" solution yet.

However, I tried on mine a few days ago, following the step by step instructions, and it works fine.

Although I don't have a G2 (I have a G1), I'd recommend trying quickpwn. I think there might be a version which supports the G2, and I've always used quickpwn.

if you have the 2nd gen ipod there is no quickpwn gui version as far as i know so use quickfreedom, for some reason not alot of people know about this program. I haven't used it before since i have an iphone but i did my friends touch and it worked fine so give it a try,

http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/hack/jailbreak/

i believe its the first link