Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Switch Back To Ipb

72 posts in this topic

I'd like to see iSpy back if possible, it was much easier to find new posts with it

Edited by SbuxBlaze

Sadly, I have been trying to find an iSpy alternative for ipb (for neowin) for almost 2 years now. I've had no luck at all, so hopefully when we upgrade to ipb3, I can get one of the devs over at neowin to write one for both sites.

I think you have fixed a lot of stuffs for this forum, good job! I have an idea, maybe you could give us an option to choose skins in this forum? Just a suggestion. ;)

for some reason the login form was not meant to be on pages other than the forum index. So the form I do have in the header, will always redirect you there. Only thing you can try doing is get to where you want to, and login when an error pops up saying you have no permissions. That should redirect you to the correct page.

can't you make a own login page and send the form in the header to that page?

the you can use

$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

to bring the user back to the page from which he/she logged in

I mean it can't really be trusted to give the right page

but then it's the users own fault they go to a other page

(I don't know how the logins for ipb works else I could make a script that can do this)

Sadly, I have been trying to find an iSpy alternative for ipb (for neowin) for almost 2 years now. I've had no luck at all, so hopefully when we upgrade to ipb3, I can get one of the devs over at neowin to write one for both sites.

Good too hear, it was so much easier to see new posts with it :P

Is the switch back to IPB the cause for the bitchy moderator(s) ?

Just kidding.

Edited by KAWSquared

Has the possibility of a moderator editing a locked thread been removed? It was so much easier before... now one must unlock, then edit, then lock again, all of this hoping that no one posts while it's still open. That's a bit problematic, imho.

Has the possibility of a moderator editing a locked thread been removed? It was so much easier before... now one must unlock, then edit, then lock again, all of this hoping that no one posts while it's still open. That's a bit problematic, imho.

That should not be happening, I tweaked the permissions a bit, let me know if you still have problems.

The skin looks great ;) , but will we be getting the post hover preview feature back? That thing was quite useful.

Sadly, ipb lacks that feature. I don't expect it in ipb3 as well. If you're referring to the tooltip text on the forum index when mousing over a topic link.

Long time since I visited these forums the last time. and I'm simply stunned.

Timan, you did an awesome job on that skin. I remember back when A-S was running on IPB 1.x and 2.x beta. It was always a great place to be. In fact, this forum made my choose IPB for every single project I've worked on.

I really bow down for your work.

Hope I find some time again to look around and post some nice stuff. I'm on a Mac now for 5 years (yeah, times goes by, I remember when I started customizing Windows on this forum back in 2004) but maybe I an post some wallpapers and other cool stuff. Bit off-topic, sorry for that.

Great work, and super-smooth transition from vB to IPB, I'm really impressed. If I can help in some way with the frontpage, tell me.

That should not be happening, I tweaked the permissions a bit, let me know if you still have problems.
Just tried again. Unfortunately no luck yet; returned error message when trying full edit: "Sorry, this topic has been locked." and when trying quick edit: "Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that post"... and the post is mine! lol

Sadly, ipb lacks that feature. I don't expect it in ipb3 as well. If you're referring to the tooltip text on the forum index when mousing over a topic link.

It's been a while since I've used IPB, but I know there are a *ton* of mods available, might be a mod for it (instead of built-in)? *shrugs*

Hey Timan! :)

Any news from this subject?

Just tried again. Unfortunately no luck yet; returned error message when trying full edit: "Sorry, this topic has been locked." and when trying quick edit: "Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that post"... and the post is mine! lol

I gust relized that i have a warn thing what did i do wrong? :huh:

Do you see any warning? :P Everyone sees their warning percentage even if they have 0. No need to worry

Heh, well same thing but this time the upgrade to 3.0.

Its ugly as crap I know. I tried to make it somewhat aqua-ish by throwing the header on the skin. Don't worry we won't have to deal with the default skin for long. Hopefully I can finish it this month.

Please report any bugs, things you think we should change etc.

Avatars shouldn't be broken, I may need to rebuild attached ones. The server naturally is going ape **** the day we upgrade :P, so things are 20x slower than they should be.

Epic skin, holy hell. Haven't been here in a few months, and I come back to see my mind blown away, haha! I remember when the "new" skin was when Leopard was still being rumoured around, and we went from Aqua to Leopard.

Damn, good days.

EDIT: Lost my avatar D:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0