Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mac-like system tray clock for Vista?

20 posts in this topic

Hi, people,

Isn't there some app that can extend the functions of Vista's tray clock and, say, display day, date...?

Thanks.

I have TClock. The probem is it won't skin properly. Any ideas how to have a proper rendering of the font?

I realise this is a system issue, but is there a way to have the day spelled with capital letter at the beginning?

post-93314-1232619097_thumb.jpg

No, I think I don't. I've heard of it, but I thought it was too difficult to configure.

Didn't wanted to start a new topic. I've got a problem with t-clock.

I get a white background. Is it a problem of windowblinds?

post-91826-1232634158_thumb.png

Didn't wanted to start a new topic. I've got a problem with t-clock.

I get a white background. Is it a problem of windowblinds?

That happens to me every time i change wallpaper.Just right click on tclock chose tclock properties,in clock menu check background1 than apply,after that uncheck background1 press ok and clock will be skined.

That happens to me every time i change wallpaper.Just right click on tclock chose tclock properties,in clock menu check background1 than apply,after that uncheck background1 press ok and clock will be skined.

Hmm, I don't have that menu option. I use the x64 version of T-Clock 3

Hmm, I don't have that menu option. I use the x64 version of T-Clock 3

Well i think you must have some option in left side expand tree in tclock option,just change something about appearance for example color of font etc.If this doesn't help than i don't know,sorry.

Yes, I've used it, but I can't skin it - there still remains a faint background which is different from the color of my taskbar... Don't know why, though.

And by the way, TClock still has issues with the font even after I installed GDI++.

To skin MacClock just go to C:Program FilesMacClock (or wherever you've installed it) and edit the "background.png" file. Then paint the taskbar as you wish. ;)

Can't you edit which background color you want from the Preferences in MacSearch. Also with tClock, it really depends on which font your using. You should change your font to LucidaGrande. Maybe this will help.

Ok, macclock works just fine.

Is there also any app out there which displays my user account in the taskbar next to the clock?

Works on vista T-Clock 3 v1.01.

Yeah, but that site is down so often that this other guy, solely 'cause he wanted to help, mounted his own "unofficial" page for that product:

http://www.greggdeselms.com/tclock.html

It has no advertising, no malware, no ulterior motives. He just wanted people to have a more reliable place from which they could download the utility that you're telling everyone about here. Plus, he included some useful configuration information which seems unavailable from anywhere else out there.

For whatever that's worth.