Xwd - The Off-topic Thread

193 posts in this topic

He is probably just busy.

By Panta: moved.

Edited by Panta

where can you get a 2d dock skin?

Edited by Panta

Uhm... I'm just going to throw this one out there, but the huge image at the top of the first thread that says Download should be a tell tail :D

Edited by Panta

gosh, how many posts have Panta moved already? :lol::D:P

including mine :rolleyes:

thanks for putting this thing in order man ^^

anyone test bobah's new update yet?

good to see you're alive :)

Not yet... Do I read correctly that BOBAH is stopping development, or does he mean he's got less time and will slow it down? Just curious.

When there's multiple wlm conversation opened, reducing one in the dock make them all dissapear

By Panta: moved, as this is not a bug.

Edited by Panta

When there's multiple wlm conversation opened, reducing one in the dock make them all dissapear

I don't think it's a bug, in fact it's just that the conversation windows are set as "Tool window", so when one is minimized, all of them are. Same as if you minimize firefox with the download manager opened, then the download manager minimize too.

By Panta: moved along with the previous post.

Edited by Panta

Then should I make a feature request to add the option not to reduce them?

By Panta: moved along with the previous post.

Edited by Panta

Couldn't find an answer if I can change the docking position(Top, left edge etc). It seems to me I've read something positive but not sure it was XWD.

Couldn't find an answer if I can change the docking position(Top, left edge etc). It seems to me I've read something positive but not sure it was XWD.

Nah, don't think you can

Well, bad. But still great, I'm in the middle of choosing wich one to use - XWD or StarDock. I really miss those transparent icons in Stardock.

Well, bad. But still great, I'm in the middle of choosing wich one to use - XWD or StarDock. I really miss those transparent icons in Stardock.

Well, I used to use objectdock, now xwindows dock is my primary dock for windows 7. I love it to bits and would surely pay for the product if only to keep development going...

Hey guys, do you think the project's dead? Cos if it is I'm not sure there's any reason to use the app. Bobah says he has no time to support XWD any longer. So do you think it's worth trying? There were a lot of bugs I noticed for these two days I'm using it. Corruption of the wallpaper under the task bar when it goes off the screen(reserve scrn area is on). Then try to right-click -> edit an icon in a stack and the edit window is unreachable because it's under the icon's window. You can not get to the edit window, the edit window doesn't allow to close the icon window and the icon window freezes the main one. And yet there is still not enough functionality. So the question is up - is it worth trying, what do you think guys?

Edited by Apach

Either use it or don't. Don't see what's the problem here...

Ok so I've been "away from the internet" for some time, and I was just wondering if the status on XWD's development had been updated/clarified? Last I heard BOBAH had left a somewhat cryptic message that he was running out of time, but it wasn't clear if it was abandoned or on hold... anyone??

No updates. Everyone's still in the dark, though I'm under the impression that Bobah won't be updating any more.

No updates. Everyone's still in the dark, though I'm under the impression that Bobah won't be updating any more.

Hmmm.... he didn't make XWD Open Source, did he?

Any chance the XVolume docklet will be updated for 5.6?
Very very very little. Perhaps you could get in touch with the author (or perhaps someone else with some knowledge in programming docklets could port it over)

Are there any furchter updates planned or is this projekt dead?