Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Aqua dead?

23 posts in this topic

well is it ? because i kinda miss the panther and tiger days

well is it ? because i kinda miss the panther and tiger days

It sure is buddy, now with Leopard its more Aluminum based GUI's and now Windows has gone completely to look like what its called "Windows" now that it has WindowsAero.

It's most likely dead.

A new OS could go back to it, but it's unlikely.

no its not. we've argued this before... its not dead, just evolved.

true aqua. ie- candy aqua is dead.... but aqua can still be seen scattered throughout the OS- its just more refined. They learnt many things from aqua.

Aqua was the most beautiful interface ever seen in OS. And when i say that i also meaning a brushed metal. I hate new leopard look. I think i am last person here whose desktop look like this in these days.

post-69121-1226347483_thumb.jpg

Other people prefer the metal look (myself included). It looks a lot more streamlined and professional in comparison. The brushed metal in general looked very messy, I always hated it.

Well I love the aqua and always will I think.... mind you I hated the brushed metal so I use UNO to get rid of that.

I suppose I'll have to get Leopard at some point though... sigh.

The only problem with the brushed metal, is that it doesn't look like real brushed metal....

Its not dead, I just think the customizing world in general, mac, pc anything is just dead right now. Almost completely dead imo.

Aqua was the most beautiful interface ever seen in OS. And when i say that i also meaning a brushed metal. I hate new leopard look. I think i am last person here whose desktop look like this in these days.

same :)

Well I'm still on aqua and loving (eh?) it. When I was on win I aquafied the gui (the Iceman's was one of the best IMO) and now I'm on mac I'm still aqua. Okay I've tried other themes when I used to use shapeshifter but always came back to aqua.

It's one of the reasons I switched.

Call me old fashioned. ;)

Snow leopard will have "frosted metal"....

ie- not brushed, think the side of a Mac Pro, or the aluminium of the new imacs and Macbooks... it'll look sweet.

It'll be more conservative than brushed, yet less revolting and more textured than unified.... it'll take the best from both worlds.

Furthermore, snow leopard will use more piano blacks and glossy whites... the menubar will be a glossy white with a black apple logo (in the same style as tiger's)... transparent huds will be more extensive, and the use of transparency will be kept only where practical.

Aqua colour elements will feature but it will be more 'flat'... it wont have gloss and there will be less of it... but still enough to refresh (it wont all be a bland grayscale OS)... It'll be slick and stylish-

As a themer, I'll make sure of it :P

Snow leopard will have "frosted metal"....

ie- not brushed, think the side of a Mac Pro, or the aluminium of the new imacs and Macbooks... it'll look sweet.

It'll be more conservative than brushed, yet less revolting and more textured than unified.... it'll take the best from both worlds.

Furthermore, snow leopard will use more piano blacks and glossy whites... the menubar will be a glossy white with a black apple logo (in the same style as tiger's)... transparent huds will be more extensive, and the use of transparency will be kept only where practical.

Aqua colour elements will feature but it will be more 'flat'... it wont have gloss and there will be less of it... but still enough to refresh (it wont all be a bland grayscale OS)... It'll be slick and stylish-

As a themer, I'll make sure of it :P

for dualboot mac users, using in their windows partition windows vista , they could use if they like(as all vista users) my mac osx brushed visual style versions i made, download of my ZEUS os X F OS for vista from http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/ZEUS-os-...vista-107157411

see one of the brushed aero and aero basic versions[there are several with different titlebar height, those on screenshots are S VERSIONS = small height titlebar versions (as also included L = LONG height titlebar versions ), and also have on their uppe surface on left of addressbar designed buttons which i made on purpose if any expert could made a small application which i call styler button toolbar and explain what must have see http://windowsedge.com/imageuploads/pics/9...58c96ede06b.jpg , they will be after fuctionable. there are also versions with not designed those buttons.

-------------

post-67493-1230407997_thumb.jpg

post-32-1230407997_thumb.jpg

either dead or not, we have to move on. It doesn't mean you have to like the new osx style, but i guess they have what is called "taste".. and so i'll go with them.

go with the masses? no thanks... Besides, aqua WAS a great hit for apple back in the days, specially with the brushed style. I think it is the question whether you like it or not, no matter what the current fashion dictates... So is it dead? you make it live or die. YOU decide...

and btw, that guy who bumped the thread, are those advertising links? I didnt even clicked on them :D

and btw, that guy who bumped the thread, are those advertising links? I didnt even clicked on them :D

Yeah, no one cares.

Anyways, Aqua is not dead. Until they replace the glyphs, scrollbars, buttons, and anything else filled with fluid, it will not die. It has simply transformed. Things need to evolve over time to keep up with the rest of the world, so stop living in the past :slant:.

Yeah, no one cares.

LMAO! Hey KAWSquared, long time no see. Last time I saw you was like 4 years ago back when we had lostcoders.com