Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CheckMail Docklet for ObjectDock

412 posts in this topic

Vista 32 and RK Launcher

EDIT --> now it saves period of checking and http: adress but doesn't save the sound in case of incoming email.

Edited by Lita

RK Launcher may be the problem this is being developed on Object Dock and Object Dock Plus. I used to use RK myself but because development stopped and there are so many different builds floating around it made it hard for developers to make docklets that are compatible so I switched. I think Smacky wants it working with RK but he would have to get it working with all builds but to me that would be to much work he will have to talk you through this one, sorry.

That's ok, thanx anyway :) Now all dock lost settings and ChackMail docklet doesn't launch gmail anymore... oh well, maybe someday I'll be ready to switch to another dock? I tought about Rocket Dock but any file I found to download was corrupted so I quit... maybe some day. I have ObjectDock as well but I reall don't like it.

I prefer RK also but when Smacky came on the seen I gave it up because I wanted his great docklets.

and you changed to...?

It's not stable on RK :( one time it remembers settings , other time just few settings are lost and another time all settings are gonne...

Edited by Lita

As Ghostwalker mentions I have tried to contact the original developers of RK and RD but they never responded... without an SDK, developer support... well it's almost useless trying to make my docklets run well under them. When XWD appeared some months ago it seemed that there was going to be a great dock for windows again... but BOBAH13 stopped working on it.

So, in my opinion the only "live" docklet out there is ObjectDock (alas there has not been ubdates to it for almost two years), at least they have replied to my emails when I got struck. I have came to get fond to OD+ and it's multiple & tabbed docks.... Well, enough on this.

What version of RK are you using.... if I get some time I may try to test it out and see if I can find the problem.

hmmm I downloaded RK and it just launches the dock - no program ruuning. I found somthing like RK_Launcher_041_Beta_Nightly in properties.

What is always lost in settings is - shortcut to gmail page and sound that I set for incoming mail.

EDIT --> I removed email docklet for now :( It was making my dock little bit crazy - it was freezing or turning off from time to time, not mantion lost of settings :( I'm very sorry I had to removed it 'couse it's an awsom docklet but... I really hate the ObjectDock design so for now I'm sticking with RK

EDIT II --> Actually what I did now is another dock with ObjectDock. But 'couse I don't exactly like it (especially that it doesn't work with StackDocklet (or I don't know how to set it) I made it hide on side. But CheckEmailDocklet is working so far

Edited by Lita

I'll try to look at CheckMail docklet under RocketDock next week... I but I remember that some users reported that the docklet crashed or misbehaved if the animation was set. Could you try to disable the animation and test if it helps?

EDIT II --> Actually what I did now is another dock with ObjectDock. But 'couse I don't exactly like it (especially that it doesn't work with StackDocklet (or I don't know how to set it) I made it hide on side. But CheckEmailDocklet is working so far

Stacks 2.0 does work with ObjectDock so it must be in your settings. I have 2 stacks configured in my dock.

hmmm so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could you tell me step by step how to make it work? I'm sorry I keep asking about everything but I'm new in all this... And I'm really grateful for all your help

Edited by Lita

1. Right click and "Add" Stacks Docklet 2.0

2. Right click the docklet and choose "Dock Entry Properties"

The first tab(Folder) is were you set the folder and how you want the stack to act.

The second tab (Icon)is were you set the icon/icons and how you want it to behave. I prefer the use icon as stack icon then when you click on the icon the stack opens and the icon changes. Or if you have one of the many box icons you can set it as a box overlay then it looks like the files are in the box.

The last tab is to set the icons as reflective or not and choose the size of icon to display in the stack this will also depend on your system icons. If you have not modified the system icons then the largest you would want to go is 48.

But the Object Dock doesn't see it so I have nothing to add :(

PS: I'm afraid it's a wrong topic so I'm sorry for OT...

Edited by Lita

thank you, thakn you thank you!!! What I was missing was the stacks.lib in OD :D Awsom...

EOT

About Check Mail Docklet on RKL --> I didn't try it with animation off ... Maybe I'll try it but tomorrow. For me is 11 PM I have to get some sleep... and the checking takes little bit longer than a few minutes ;)

Hi all,

I'm running windows 7 and the latest version of objectdock +.

I have put the folder in the docklets folder and when I right click checkmail is not an option.

does anyone have any ideas?

I have been using objectdock for about 5 years and have never had any issue's adding docklets, this seems to be a first for me.

maybe it's a windows7 issue, not sure how though.

Thanks

Do you have the stacks.lib in the ObjectDock directory not the docklet directory?

Dont have that at all.

do i need it?

where can i get it?

thanks

it's working.

I'm using 64 bit and in vista it installed in x86 folder.

well in windows 7 it's installed in just the programs folder.

Thanks

I have been testing my docklets on Windows 7 RC 64 bits... the application is a 32 bits app, so it is installed under the Program Files x86 folders... apart from this I have found only one issue with the backup profiles not working.

Hey Smaky, just a quick question (did a search but darn I hate the search engine!): where are the passwords stored with this desklet? What I'm really wondering is, are the passwords encrypted/hard to access on the machine or are they stored in plain text in an .ini file?

Thanks!

Right now they are stored as plain text at the OD's ini file... I'm planning an update that will use my RDP's docklet encryption stuff to store passwords.

As always security comes with a price... using encryption will prevent from using the saved ini (if you use the backup feature) on another system/user. Paswords will not be decryptable but by the very same user/system where they were encrypted.

I think I will be implementing this next month.

I hope it's not just my dullness but where can I find the latest version of the docklet? The version number of the one from the first post is still v0.1a but according to your history it should be 0.1.1.0a.

The latest version is downloadable from the first post in this thread.

I just found your CheckMail docklet for ObjectDock, and I wanted to thank you very much for developing this. However, I have a problem with it. I'm using Win7 Ultimate x64 with the latest ObjectDock and your version of docklet 0.1.1.0c from 3/10/09. I've configured it for 2 accounts. The first one, which is a public hosted service works perfectly fine. But the second one which belongs to my own domain hosted by a company called Infinology has a problem. No matter how I try to configure it, it says that it's unable to log in and when I test in the configuration it says that the account settings are invalid. I've already spent about an hour or 2 trying different things and nothing works. It actually doesn't work for any of the accounts hosted by that service. But I've had this service for years and I never had problems with it. It is working perfectly fine from clients like Outlook Express or Incredimail, which I use every day. And there's really nothing special in the configuration other than the user name required to authenticate has to be the full email address, not just the part before the @ sign. Other than that, it's pop3, port 110... nothing else is different. Can you help me with this?

Also, is there any way to configure this utility so it would only start my mail client when I click on the shortcut? Meaning, regardless how many emails it found on the servers (0 or more) it would not start the client automatically, but it would only start it when I click on the shortcut?

Thank you!