Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Possible new nano leak?

29 posts in this topic

Fake, it doesn't fit the other iPods. The shape looks like a iPod from 1992 or something

Looks like it could be like the first gen nano's but slightly wider?

(I meant the iPod mini)

Don't think they would make the iPod Nano fullscreen before they'd make the iPod classic fullscreen. Doesn't make sense.

Don't think they would make the iPod Nano fullscreen before they'd make the iPod classic fullscreen. Doesn't make sense.

True... but they have the classic is for large HD space... the combination of large screen and huge disk space would make it too big.

Maybe they are converting all the flash drive ones over and leaving the classic.. well 'classic'.

Looks like a photoshopped second generation iPod Nano. I doubt that something that small and compact could run iPhone OS anyways.

Definitely not the case. iPod firmware, depending on the model, takes up from 100mb to 15gb. On the Nano, it takes up very few space. That's why you never have the exact space (or, because iPod space is recorded in "Japanese Byte size", which is only 1000 units contrary to our 1024 units)

Definitely not the case. iPod firmware, depending on the model, takes up from 100mb to 15gb. On the Nano, it takes up very few space. That's why you never have the exact space (or, because iPod space is recorded in "Japanese Byte size", which is only 1000 units contrary to our 1024 units)

How much room software takes up has nothing to do with the thing's ability to run it. OS X Leopard can fit on an iBook G3 Clamshell's hard drive, but a G3 processor and the amount of RAM available for one wouldn't be able to handle it.

An iPod Touch has 128MB of RAM and a 600MHz processor, I can guarantee that something that small's specs would be nothing near that.

More than likely a fake. But if you have an iPhone/iPod touch, just imagine 4 rows and 3 columns of icons on the screen and notice the size. No one believed the nanos last year were real til the last minute, so only Steve knows.

Look! Someone else can use Photoshop besides this guy.

In all seriousness, it's more than likely a fake. Why post a photo of your computer displaying the image when you can Cmd + Shift + 4? There's blurring in the second image as well (look around the title bar), and if Apple's website were really displaying that image, we'd all sort have seen it by now, wouldn't we? Also, they wouldn't use Macy Gray's album again in a new campaign. They change which music is featured on the box each time.

If those pictures will be real, then the iPod nano will be much more expensive and I don't think that Apple wants to do that...

How much room software takes up has nothing to do with the thing's ability to run it. OS X Leopard can fit on an iBook G3 Clamshell's hard drive, but a G3 processor and the amount of RAM available for one wouldn't be able to handle it.

An iPod Touch has 128MB of RAM and a 600MHz processor, I can guarantee that something that small's specs would be nothing near that.

Yea, you do have a point. But you never know. I mean, Apple was able to boost flash drives up to 64GB, i'm sure they would be able to skim down the processors and RAM.

the first picture looks like photoshop is already open with the tools just hidden.

Nope. That's Preview.app, in fullscreen.

no less its interesting!... I wonder how the iPod nano is going to innovate in the iPhone's wake.

I predict there will be an iPhone Nano (a smaller, slimmer, metallic stripped down touchscreen iphone) to appeal to the teenybopper market, after all the iPhone is meant to be a business orientated phone and its attracting too much attention from pink iPod nano owners.

no less its interesting!... I wonder how the iPod nano is going to innovate in the iPhone's wake.

I predict there will be an iPhone Nano (a smaller, slimmer, metallic stripped down touchscreen iphone) to appeal to the teenybopper market, after all the iPhone is meant to be a business orientated phone and its attracting too much attention from pink iPod nano owners.

I doubt it very much.

The iPhone is (and will be for a while) as small as it can get... the Nano's recieved a lot of crap for being ugly.. and we currently have no touch screen devices except the iPod and iPhone... I think making smaller multi-touch devices will definitely happen soon...

My only doubt is how applications will work on a smaller screen... they could up the resolution on a smaller screen but that will make things harder to touch..

Lol, i find it difficult as it is to use the keyboard on the iPhone now, let alone with the iPod Nano. My fingers aren't pointy enough.

I doubt it very much.

The iPhone is (and will be for a while) as small as it can get... the Nano's recieved a lot of crap for being ugly.. and we currently have no touch screen devices except the iPod and iPhone... I think making smaller multi-touch devices will definitely happen soon...

My only doubt is how applications will work on a smaller screen... they could up the resolution on a smaller screen but that will make things harder to touch..

Lol, i find it difficult as it is to use the keyboard on the iPhone now, let alone with the iPod Nano. My fingers aren't pointy enough.

I think you guys are missing my 'vision' of the iPhone Nano...

For a start, it should appeal to the teeny bopper market-

- It should NOT resemble the "fatty" iPod nano (which is selling bad compared to its predecessor)

Secondly... being aimed at teeny bopper's... the need to run full scale apps and business (email etc) apps would not be necessary.

The iPhone Nano's priority would be music, slim design, basic touch screen, and playing snake :P

It would not simply be a shrunk down version of the iPhone (like the iPod Nano is the iPod Classic) but rather it would have a whole different market and purpose.

I think you guys are missing my 'vision' of the iPhone Nano...

For a start, it should appeal to the teeny bopper market-

- It should NOT resemble the "fatty" iPod nano (which is selling bad compared to its predecessor)

Secondly... being aimed at teeny bopper's... the need to run full scale apps and business (email etc) apps would not be necessary.

The iPhone Nano's priority would be music, slim design, basic touch screen, and playing snake :P

It would not simply be a shrunk down version of the iPhone (like the iPod Nano is the iPod Classic) but rather it would have a whole different market and purpose.

Great point , except that you missed the fact that the image shows business apps and an application store and is essentially a shrunken iPod Touch. ;)