Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firefox 3 Released

62 posts in this topic

I grabbed... but it gave me rc3... weird...

And now the mozilla page shows FF 2.0.14 again as latest...

And my "FF3" is buggy as hell. *really pissed-off* I can't Alt-O, I can't Ctrl-Shift-E, Compact menu doesn't work... Well done mozilla... well done...

Compact menu doesn't work... Well done mozilla... well done...

I had the same problem, I changed the xpi version number and it works like a treat.

I'm very pleased with FF3 :D

I downloaded and installed FF 3and was not satisfied with the results it is not faster then my Opera memory wise just from a time and memory usage perspective- FF-up 70mb with extensions vs. Opera -up to 40-50mb with one widget running occasionally

Is there a workaround for FF to adddress this memory issue.? Are there people that agree. with me just from testing and benchmarking the two browsers? I really like the browserand its new features in spite of the memory issues that it has.

That whole spreadfirefox record thing has to be the biggest joke.

Lets tell everyone to goto our site when firefox3 is released and break a record... only problem is our shitty servers can't handle it :P

Someone wanna find me a nice safari skin? It still looks awful in OSX.

I want the mac theme on windows dammit! Like, now!

And tanjihay to make Foxdie work with 3. His skin was awesome.

Hmm, maybe I'm too purist, but I kinda like Safari more. I haven't installed Safari 4 yet (I downloaded it, but I want to make sure my latest project will work on the previous version), but I love the latest 3 version.

FireFox 3 is fine, I have no real problems with it, I am just accustomed to the beauty of Safari.

http://www.takebacktheweb.org/

I totally agree with you on the record thing. Lack of preparedness is going to make it their own fault.

You want the "Yummy" one.

Wow, that is the first safari skin that felt right. Still some small things need to be tweaked, but this is working perfect. Cheers

http://www.takebacktheweb.org/

I totally agree with you on the record thing. Lack of preparedness is going to make it their own fault.

You want the "Yummy" one.

Oh frak.... I so want that for Windows. Too bad it's only for OS X.

Cause I use only safari on OSX... and FF on Windows. Just my luck, eh?

Lets tell everyone to goto our site when firefox3 is released and break a record... only problem is our shitty servers can't handle it :P

I have to 100% agree with you there. I was only able to download FF3 at 11am London Time, cus I wasn't going to wait all night for it.

Mozilla know how popular their browser is, so why did they bother to try and break a world record and not even use decent servers . . . I hope they set the record but tbh because of the server problems they had they aren't going to have such a big record as they could have had.

Overall though I thinks its fast . . . i mean REALLY fast. I don't actually mind the skin for it either actually although I do like those other themes someone posted earlier.

@ iGo

I was able to use those themes on Vista, what problems are you having?

what problems are you having?

I'm on XP (if that's really what you wanna call a problem :P)...

But serisouly, last time I tried using GrApple theme (the OSX only, pinstripes one) on Windows it screwed my browser... I mean it was total FUBAR.

So I don't know if I really wanna go daredevil on the whole thing again. :)

so tell me people, how is the new FireFoX 3, it is worthy to upgrade from v.2 to v.3?

- and what about the skin'ing it, any coOl mac look alike skin's for FF3?

I am not sure about - trying it, last time I tried, it totally messed my favorites thingy up...terrible days..

FF3 is incompatible with half of my add-ons, it needs a good skin, and it isnt that much faster. welcome back FF2

I'm on XP (if that's really what you wanna call a problem :P)...

But serisouly, last time I tried using GrApple theme (the OSX only, pinstripes one) on Windows it screwed my browser... I mean it was total FUBAR.

So I don't know if I really wanna go daredevil on the whole thing again. :)

Fair enough . . . Personally I would take the plunge and try it =p

Lol

Personally I would take the plunge and try it =p

Now now... don't you entice me to something stupid.. :P

Then again, I am not installing FF3 as of now. I downloaded it cause I had participated in pledge.

But as a web developer I still have to clear some of my doubts about rendering styles. I know I can trust FF anytime over IE. Just making sure.

I think I'll try it on my girlfriend's laptop... that thing is due for formatting, so if anything goes wrong. No big deal. :D

They weren't counting on Steven Colbert to mention the launch on his show.

Mac osx theme for firefox 3.0 on windows.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jynezjxwthn

Looks horrible. Bad text, menus are totally transparent, and many other problems. It's like you hacked the OS X version to work on Windows rather than attempted to do a proper port.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0