Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kapsules Weather - Invalid Location Code

10 posts in this topic

I have been using Kapsules v0.9.8.0 and Kapsules Weather v1.1.5 for many months with no issues. A couple of weeks ago, Kapsules Weather began displaying "Invalid Location Code" and would not pull in any weather data. No matter what zip code or location code I put in the settings dialog, it will not pull in any weather data. Same for KapMeteorology. Can anyone help? Thanks very much in advance.

I'm not sure where Kapsules is pulling the info from but Yahoo! Weather changed their URL address for the weather search so that could be the problem - if it's using Yahoo! Weather that is.

Kapsules seems to be pulling their weather info from weather.com; any information as to how to fix this problem would be very greatly appreciated!!

Andrew would have to issue an update for his Weather Kapsule pointing to the new URL. I'm afraid there's nothing else that can be done.

open the widget code (open kapweather.kap in wordpad):

'...My documentsKapsules WidgetsKapsules Weather.widgetkapweather.kap'

search for XmlUrl = ...

and change this into

XmlUrl = "http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/" & m_PostCode & "?cc=*&dayf=" & m_NumberOfDays & "&par=1003960698&key=8d4b00356ecc089d&unit=" & Unit

save the file

close the widget or kapsules

reload widget or restart kapsules

works for me...

change

If m_DisplayMode = "C" Then Unit = "m"

XmlUrl = "http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/" & m_PostCode & "?cc=*&dayf=" & m_NumberOfDays & "&par=1003960698&key=8d4b00356ecc089d&unit=" & Unit

into

Unit = "F"

If m_DisplayMode = "C" Then Unit = "C"

XmlUrl = "http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/" & m_PostCode & "?cc=*&dayf=" & m_NumberOfDays & "&ut=" & Unit

works even better, temps were in Celsius, this should fix the problem.

My version of kapweather.kap is time stamped 01/15/05 8:11pm, and does not have XmlUrl anywhere in the code.

Does anyone know how to contact Andrew to request assistance with this problem?

I prefer KapMeterology, but would use either KapMeterology or KapWeather if I could get one of them to work again.

too bad, however, one of the benefits of Kapsules is that the widget-code is easy altered (backup first). If you can't find xmURL, search for weather.com and play a bit with the URL.

I'm not sure if Andrew can be contacted, but I hope we all hear from him very soon... I miss kapsules!

Oh he's still floating around :)

I'll see about having a look at the old widget this weekend. Look in the config file for the widget and let me know what version you have. I havent been developing on kapsules in some time, but I still have all the old code around. So I could probably take a look at it for you.