Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How do I go back to Visual Styles after applying WindowBlinds skins

12 posts in this topic

Today I bought Stardock's WindowBlinds on a CD when returning from work.

It cost me $40 dollars, but I came from work very pleased with it.

So, I am about to install it, but I asked myself, How am I going to go back to the VisualStyles that I installed with TuneUp Utilities? And by original Visual Styles I don't mean the crappy Luna theme, I mean the skins that you can get here at devianTART.

I prefer throwing 40 bucks to the trash than formatting again.

Hope you can answer my question.

PS: How do I make WindowBlinds to only run in my user account?

you uninstall windowblinds to use VS or import the VS via Skin Studio and use the vs via windowblinds

All you have to do is unload WindowBlinds if you want to switch to another theme. It doesn't hack your system files like other methods, so there is no need to reformat anything.

You can also import XP visual styles with SKS5 into WindowBlinds as well.

I also would be curious where you bought a WindowBlinds CD for $40.

Hi Island Dog

Off topic ... Since you're here, just a quick question about iconpackager :

How often does it update ? is it free update or i have to purchase every time when there's a new version?

Hi Island Dog

Off topic ... Since you're here, just a quick question about iconpackager :

How often does it update ? is it free update or i have to purchase every time when there's a new version?

I don't have the specifics yet on how we are handling the upcoming IconPackager 4 release. I will try and get the details and get back with you.

Typically, when you purchase you get all the updates through the next major revision.

:)

Actually you can successfully use styler and windowblinds together...

if you open windowblinds and load up the default WinXP theme and then open up styler or whatever VS program you were using to begin with and then apply a VS and presto you'll be able to run both without any problems...

from what i've read, opening VS in Windowblinds can mess up the alignment and things of that nature when it comes down to it. And opening VS in skinstudio (if you have it) you'd end up having to readjust the skin as a whole manually editing it so it will display in windowblinds

Hope this helps

All you have to do is unload WindowBlinds if you want to switch to another theme. It doesn't hack your system files like other methods, so there is no need to reformat anything.

You can also import XP visual styles with SKS5 into WindowBlinds as well.

I also would be curious where you bought a WindowBlinds CD for $40.

In Mexico...

And thanks for your replies, now I feel safe about installing WindowBlinds.

In Mexico...

And thanks for your replies, now I feel safe about installing WindowBlinds.

Ermm...I might be a little wary of that, should make sure it's actually official.

Ermm...I might be a little wary of that, should make sure it's actually official.

I'm not chinese, it's way too easy to distinguish original software and pirated software here.

Original: Comes on CD boxes, customized CD label and has manuals.

Counterfit: Comes in a crappy bag with black and white paper, and has the Sony or Samsung logo label on it.

I'm not chinese, it's way too easy to distinguish original software and pirated software here.

Original: Comes on CD boxes, customized CD label and has manuals.

Counterfit: Comes in a crappy bag with black and white paper, and has the Sony or Samsung logo label on it.

Please see PM.

@Island Dog

Thanks for a replied

No offense, What is that suppose to mean? and you should mention 40 USD otherwise i'd think 40 Mexican Dollars so that would even out