Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Real Reflective Dock Mission Statement and Download

179 posts in this topic

Anyway somebody can mirror this, i'm getting a corrupt file anytime i download.

I'll throw my 2 cents for a name... IC2 Dock

You Should keep it RK Launcher. We should stick to the classics, since it will end up being a new build of RK Launcher anyway. really who needs a new name when you already have a solid one with legacy.

You Should keep it RK Launcher. We should stick to the classics, since it will end up being a new build of RK Launcher anyway. really who needs a new name when you already have a solid one with legacy.

Wrong, it will not be the same thing as RK Launcher, remember, we are incorporating an actual refflective concept into the dock, therefore it is not RK Launcher, we are only using its source. However, regardless of what we name it, we are still going to improve the RK Launcher build right now and fix some bugs and create our own build from that, and also release our own dock.

the dock that this program will emulate is the Leopard dock, the 1.6 version of the Mac OS X dock, so I can suggest a simple name iDock 1.6, for the differents builds you can add other numbers to the name, like iDock 1.6.0.1.

Leon

Brilliant! iDock sounds awesome, your havent won yet, but i will make a poll of the finalist.

iDock.

with all the things with the letter i in front of it coming out..its just starting to get very annoying.

you should just call it echo.

like echos reflect back sound...

nevermind.

The Fata Morgana minus the Fata, maybe just call it Morgana

P.S: It would also be cool if one could use real Leopard dock skins directly, the're a lot of nice ones out

here!

Wrong, it will not be the same thing as RK Launcher, remember, we are incorporating an actual refflective concept into the dock, therefore it is not RK Launcher, we are only using its source. However, regardless of what we name it, we are still going to improve the RK Launcher build right now and fix some bugs and create our own build from that, and also release our own dock.

So you are saying that you are ditching the whole idea of the classic mac dock and only making it reflected. You should make two versions, or allow you to turn reflection on and off, because RK is totally out of date, and needs to be updated, so name the reflection one what ever but you need to update Rk. Whats the crash rate for RK anyway.

Beef has a point. Also, an option for 2D and 3D docks would be awesome. :)

I agree I was hoping for RK to further develop not really jump to another dock. I have always loved RK and even if you did develop another dock with reflection and never updated RK I don't believe I would switch. I thought the whole point of getting the source code was to expand upon RK I guess I was wrong.

So you are saying that you are ditching the whole idea of the classic mac dock and only making it reflected.

That is what the Mac OS X Leopard dock is. Its a platform with icons on it with refflection +a dock. Thats what were making, and like i also said, WE WILL UPDATE RK.

Okay...

Some facts

- RK Launcher will be updated and is going to be opensource

- On base of RKL we are going to "recreate" the dock and add the reflection thing

- You will be able to turn the reflection off

- The reflectioned dock WONT be opensource

More coming soon, when I got the source...

Ah forgot, I don't think we will use iDock, because the "i" is a trademark of Cisco and I don't want problems with them ;)

My name suggestions are:

LaunchDock

DuckDock

LeoDock

GlowDock

Okay...

Some facts

- RK Launcher will be updated and is going to be opensource

- On base of RKL we are going to "recreate" the dock and add the reflection thing

- You will be able to turn the reflection off

- The reflectioned dock WONT be opensource

More coming soon, when I got the source...

Ah forgot, I don't think we will use iDock, because the "i" is a trademark of Cisco and I don't want problems with them ;)

My name suggestions are:

LaunchDock

DuckDock

LeoDock

GlowDock

Thanks for getting back into the project mate :) glad to see you back.

Glow Dock sounds great.

gdock sounds like google dock. Will it glow? I'm totally confused.

gdock sounds like google dock. Will it glow? I'm totally confused.

haha, it wont glow.. it just sounds cool. This is where marketing comes into our plan. lol.

i worked for 6 months in marketing ;) so there is, where it comes from :D

i worked for 6 months in marketing ;) so there is, where it comes from :D

I see that. schmrom, do you have msn, i feel that the aquasoft pm system does not reach my needs.

My Favorites So Far (no particular order...maybe we should vote?)

1) GlowDock (gdock)

2) AquaDock (adock)

3) MirrorDock (mdock)

4) BannanaDock (bdock)

Well honestly, i didnt intend for this to be all about naming it. and it will not be. i want to see some posts about bugs, if you dont report them, i dont know how to improve it.

well, when I tried to run it on xp(sp2), nothing worked, just a semi-flashing dock, with icons that were unmovable and unusable. after which it froze my computer and had to ctrl alt delete my way out of the dock. (luckily this was my work computer) :)