Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Leopard shell32

32 posts in this topic

guys i made the english shell32.dll leopard version but i dont know any websites that will let me upload it so everybody can download it so any body wanna help me out

sry for double post but i must say i didnt make them i just used that german shell32 and just replaced them with the english ones

Erm is this shell32.dll for Vista or for XP?

GERMAN VERSION !!!

BACK UP!! BACK UP!!

this files is INDELIBLE !!!

What does that mean?

PS.: (replacer does a backup automatically.)

well nice work here. haha i was waiting for this... then i got a mac. so end of that haha

What's the safest way to replace my existing shell32.dll with this new one? I don't want to kill my XP install.

Edit: Nevermind, I just renamed shell32.dll and copied this over. It looks pretty good, but... unfortunately, it changes the system language. All system dialogs--drive labels, the right-click menu, pop-up windows, and so on--is in German.

Please re-do this with the US English version of shell32.dll.

hey guys if u see anything wrong report it cause im seeing some errors im just not sure if they just happen for me

Thanks (i saw the preview ;)) One question... How on earth do you replace it? If you go to copy then it says it is in use -.- lol. I tried killing explorer but then i cannot copy lol.

James,

hey guys if u see anything wrong report it cause im seeing some errors im just not sure if they just happen for me

In the brief span of time I used it (2-3 minutes) I didn't have any problems other than the fact that everything was in German. No weird error dialogs, nothing like that. Just... couldn't understand the text.

Thanks (i saw the preview ;)) One question... How on earth do you replace it? If you go to copy then it says it is in use -.- lol. I tried killing explorer but then i cannot copy lol.

James,

As it was said you could try replacer, it worked for me many times but since the latest windows update it stopped working. Windows file protection is working no matter what I do.

Second way is by opening task manager and killing the explorer. Then press File - new task - browse - and browse to your replacement, copy it and browse to system32/dllcache folder, where you paste it. Then repeat the paste in system32 folder.

- new task - explorer.exe

-rebuild icon cache or restart.

(that wasnt working for me either, it may for you)

Third way is by going into safe mode with command prompt (this worked for me) but you have to be comfortable with it and not screw up. First try other options and if it wont work I will write you the easiest way to do it with cmd.

For those using flyakite....

just replace the shell32.dll folder in x:windowsflyakiteosxresources with the modded one (be sure to make a backup copy). then run Force System Update in the Tools folder, just tick 'shell32'. you'll get a message to reboot...

EDIT: i checked your file with reshacker...browsing the Icon group, you mostly placed only one icon 128x128, 16.8mil colors for each group. no smaller sized ones at lower resolutions. will this not affect your system?

I also did this, mainly replaced the tiger folders with leopard ones, but with 48, 32, 24, and 16 px sizes (strictly followed flyakite's), including the different resolutions. Heck, i don't know much of anything about scripts and programming, but am i missing something here?

Guys im having a problem with vista icons i dont think its possible, the problem is; that vista folders show a preview of whats inside the folder so i dont think i can do it cause im not that good in programing if there is a way to make it so it doesnt show the preview then it may work. I am working right now on a better one cause the other one was kind of like a beta all i did was move the icons. If you want to do it yourself you can get Resource Hacker and just do it with that shell32

kinsemon is right, you put just 128 size inside, except for folders & some other tuff, where you put some weird sizes inside, but up to 48 pix. I would suggest you look at your windows shell32.dll to see what it has inside and at least put that formats inside yours.

Flyakite doesnt necessarily have just up to 48 pix, it depends on what you choose to be your top icon size while installing it. I chose mine to be 128 pix and I have icon sizes from 16 to 128. And with 16.8 mil colors only (except a few). That means you dont have to put lesser quality formats (like windows shell has it) inside. But you most certainly have to put 16,24,32,48, and then if you want 64,72,96,128. I always put all of them inside.

I would suggest you first look up to some info and then go about replacing system resources. Especially if you intend to offer them to others. Doing it like that is just irresponsible.

And judging from your last reply and what you did with your shell32.dll I would say you dont have a clue about what your doing. Calling your shell32 a beta, asking about vista icons & programming, what are you doing exactly? I thought you were just changing the icons, are you taking vista shell32.dll and putting it in XP? Otherwise I dont se how Vista has anything to do with it (not that it would be possible). Or are you changing Vista shell32.dll this time?

Good luck with it, but I would definitely get more info if I were you, or keep it for yourself until you get it right.

For those using flyakite....

just replace the shell32.dll folder in x:windowsflyakiteosxresources with the modded one (be sure to make a backup copy). then run Force System Update in the Tools folder, just tick 'shell32'. you'll get a message to reboot...

EDIT: i checked your file with reshacker...browsing the Icon group, you mostly placed only one icon 128x128, 16.8mil colors for each group. no smaller sized ones at lower resolutions. will this not affect your system?

I also did this, mainly replaced the tiger folders with leopard ones, but with 48, 32, 24, and 16 px sizes (strictly followed flyakite's), including the different resolutions. Heck, i don't know much of anything about scripts and programming, but am i missing something here?

Yes,I do this way all the time,even all icons in control panel,boot skin,anything,you can easily replace without having any trouble