Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AveDesk 1.4 Vista Compatibility Build

59 posts in this topic

Hmm, the -opensc argument isn't working for me in Vista, anyone have any luck? I tried it on a shortcut, and through a dock.

1) It's apparently version 2.0?

wutyh5.png

2) In 1.3, if you set the label to "Visible on mouse-over only", the label would fade in and out. In this release it pops up and looks like it 'trys' to fade in, but is really jittery about it.

3) I can't make more than 1 PidlShortcut. Anything after the 1st one doesn't load.

3) It doesn't load my themes.

The GUI is alot nicer, but doesn't work very well even in XP SP3

This is a great build but there is still a feature MISSING......unlike avedesk running on XP where you can give your PIDLSHORTCUTS file information such as number of files and folders, etc., on Vista this is not possible. The only PIDLSHORCUTS that you can do this on are the recycle bin and physical drives like c: etc.

Please o, please can this feature be added so that all Pidlshortcuts can have this? I'd like to have this on my "My Documents" "My Pictures" and "My Music" folders. If this can be added and an updated Avedesk release put out i know i'd love it and many others would too. Thank you in advance.

FRIENDS!

Please write step by step: HOW INSTALL OR UPDATE AVEDESK untill version 1.4 in OS WindowsXP SP3?

Thanks!

New Year again, and this did the trick for me (at least after running as an administrator).

Best Wishes for 2009,

~Nahedh

This is a great build but there is still a feature MISSING......unlike avedesk running on XP where you can give your PIDLSHORTCUTS file information such as number of files and folders, etc., on Vista this is not possible. The only PIDLSHORCUTS that you can do this on are the recycle bin and physical drives like c: etc.

Please o, please can this feature be added so that all Pidlshortcuts can have this? I'd like to have this on my "My Documents" "My Pictures" and "My Music" folders. If this can be added and an updated Avedesk release put out i know i'd love it and many others would too. Thank you in advance.

I got some strange image fading graphic artefacts. When an image in my widget fades there's this strange left and top border around it. Any suggestions on how I could fix this graphic bug?

the only problem i have with avedesk 1.4 is that my xwindows dock doesnt work anymore, doesnt magnify the icon. is there any fix for this?

This bug i kept having is on Vista and also with the SP1 is when i insert a cd in the cd-rom. When the cd is insert into the drive avedesk will automactically crash and shut down, does this happen to anyone else whose also using vista? Is there a fix for it? Please let me know cuz this program is the best i've use by far. Thanks

i have same problem. err... sorry about my english by the way. i m using vista ultimate and this problem drives me crazy.

when i using xp there is no problem but now... :(

i love customize my desktop and for this problem i cant continue.

Edited by KnucklesRedLion