Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stacks Docklet

1857 posts in this topic

Okay, well this is greatly improving day by day since the first time i've seen this posting. I personally think that this is awesome... its been a while since there's been any kind of docklet type of development.

Globally is it safe to say that it works using RK, Rocket, AveDesk, with the exception that shortcuts aren't working as they should? but opening folders work fine? I'm just wanting to get a general census... so i don't think i'm going nuts from a user standpoint, I've been playing with this for the last day or two.

Congrats on the new version! :)

Works like a charm...

Nothing that's bothering me, but maybe interesting for you:

With the old version, AveDesk (haven't tried with OD, RK,...) crashed when pointing to a network folder.

New version works fine with network folders, just doesn't show the folder icons then (but showing them o.k. with normal Desktop folders).

Congrats on the new version! :)

Works like a charm...

Nothing that's bothering me, but maybe interesting for you:

With the old version, AveDesk (haven't tried with OD, RK,...) crashed when pointing to a network folder.

New version works fine with network folders, just doesn't show the folder icons then (but showing them o.k. with normal Desktop folders).

I agree, I was getting the same problems with RK and RocketDock, but the new versions works perfectly.

Thanks for so many updates in such a short space of time.

Santa is going to be coming to your house this year for being such a good developer ;)

Wow man these new updates are much better, great job. I didn't think anyone would be able to emulate this as well as you did. :)

what a nice tool - respect - works like a flow . . . .

but i have to admit : i used ol´aquadock - and no implementation is possible - tried to find the yzdock wrapper - no chance - all links down ?

now with od - but it uses lot of mem 50.sth k

aqua was max. with 7.sth k

what about rocket mem usage?

nevertheless : yeah great

SHORTCUT PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

reactivate the shortcut arrows, if you deactivated them using Iconpackager, Tuneup Utilities or a similar program. Works awesome now!!!!

Wow, just tried the new update and I love it. The fan effect works in all directions now. To me, we are now close to perfection. My only problem remains the text under the dock icon showing under the expanded stack. I think this is more an issue for the dock programmers, isn't it ?

Thanks Matonga, you're my Santa Claus

maybe that could be solved by setting an empty label while the stack is open, and resetting the original one after closing. (This, if the dock actually listens to label events while the docklet is "active")

Ah, pity it doesn't work on yz's!

The problem is the docklet label is the name of the stacks folder, so the only workaround is to create a folder with a name consisting of a space character.

Am I the only one or do some of you have glitch when opening or closing a big grid ?

The window briefly flashes each time click the docklet icon

It only happens with many icons in the grid. perhaps my graphic card isn't fast enough.

I just dl'ed the version from the link on the first page today, to try it and it doesn't work on rkl. I have the vesion from 3 days ago and it works fine.

The current version when adding as a docklet on rkl wont add and it adds it as an ordinary shortcut.

@all:

My planned schedule for Stack Docklet is:

* Add a global options button with: "Open folder" and "%d more..." customizable, font customizable. Icon size customization is too complicated I don't know if I'll implement that, sorry :(

* Make a fixup for docks which don't hide the stack when you click the desktop or another window.

* Perform a compatibility test with latest versions of RocketDock, RKLauncher, AveDesk, maybe a trial version of ObjectDock, etc...

I can't find the SDK for Yz Dock :(

Marry chrismas to everyone! ;)

@chatpristi & dreadnaut:

I have the same problem: label remains under stack.

Yes, I tried emptyeing the label while the docklet is active and... it doesn't update, at least in RocketDock (it reflects changes when hiding the stack... too late :)).

I think that the icon size option isn't so necessary, in Leopard the stack haven't this option, I think also that the work you have done in this week is impressive, I can suggest to you to focus on compatibility issues, and bug fixes, it is just my opinion, because the docklet have first to work without any problem, the features will be developed in the future.

Leon

Yes, I tried emptyeing the label while the docklet is active and... it doesn't update, at least in RocketDock (it reflects changes when hiding the stack... too late :)).

Feared so - most docks handle docklet in a single-thread fashion I suppose, so they kinda "stop" when a docklet is active. If you start using more threads, the dock will think the docklet has done its work and zoom back/ hide - so there is problably no neat solution for this :-(

I was mentioning earlier a glitch on opening grids with a lot of icons (about 40). In fact it looks like the grid window moves a few pixels horizontally before it finishes to open or before it starts to close

0.41 build 282

build 282 will give you problems with having the same docklet twice as it does with systats that is why I dropped to 275

now i can see customized icons, but i cannot see the Open folder one :S

and if you can't make icons stack in the dock as in leopard, make them hide in the back of the icon (that way you will not see where they dissapear. pleeeease :D:D

i'm sorry if i'm being too hincha

I just tried to download this Docklet. but the link seems to be broken... Can you please re-upload or fix it?

What a great docklet! Felt that needed saying!

FWIW you're getting kudos over on the ObjectDock forums!

Hi Matongo, you might also consider publishing your docklet on Rocketdock.com among the other docklets.

I tried the new version and here are my latest comments :

-I still get the flicker with big folders, does anybody else too ?

- The docklet's icons sometimes show on top of other windows covering the dock (see screenshot)

Maybe this is more a Rocketdock issue. RD is set to be in normal position ( the problem also appears if I set it always on bottom) It seems that the icons show up if I have just used them. they even zoom in if I hover my mouse over them.

post-44450-1198154170_thumb.jpg