Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Leopard and Shapeshifter?

23 posts in this topic

How long, approiximately, will it take for Shapeshifter to be leopard- compatible. I'm getting Leopard tonight, but I don't want to install till I know it and shapeshifter are on good terms.

How long, approiximately, will it take for Shapeshifter to be leopard- compatible.
Until the Unsanity team fixes it. You can't put a time-table on that. It's dependent on how much work needs to be done. Their web-site states that the current version of Shape-Shifter does not work with 10.5. That is all that is known.

Also, this thread is best suited for Customizing Other, where customizing anything other than Windows is categorized.

Thread Moved.

Will I need to uninstall?

Ok guys. Point a. It's not showing up in applications...point b....where can I find my registration code?

Shapeshifter never went into Applications. It always went into System Preferences. Just download Shapeshifter again and uninstall it from the DMG.

shapeshifter won't work on leopard becuase it uses ape (aplacation enhancer ) which has major issues with leopard

it's starting to look like theming on leopard is going to be a longs way off. It's been discovered that leopard is using a completely different way of skinning the ui, and as such, it seems that it will take a long time to figure out if theming can even be done.

UNINSTALL SHAPESHIFTER BEFORE LEOPARD INSTALLS!

Otherwise you will end up with Apple's first true BSOD (Blue screen of death).

Yes... it looks as though the ui is hardcoded into the os... looks like the end of mac themeing as we know it.

Still on tiger here for a while anyways.

Yes... it looks as though the ui is hardcoded into the os... looks like the end of mac themeing as we know it.

Still on tiger here for a while anyways.

:o ...NO!!!

Well someone will find a way to theme it for sure... those guys at unsanity have a product to shift. I just think it may take some time.

Thanks for the link Levi... yes... does sound like they're nearly there with it. I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of Crystal Clear Interface which will work as a stand alone app... no need for shapeshifter...

http://www.musingsfrommars.org/2007/10/upd...im-growing.html

Don't know if I should pop into town and pick up Leopard or just go down the pub!

eww i've never liked that crystall theme as little more than a concept.

its just too impractical, overglossed, supersweet it makes me want to vomit.

... but at least he's shown us two things;

1- Leopard can be themed (edit- just had a closer read... can it?)

2- It shows us that transparencies are achievable (... they can look good)

I think it's themable, there are dock skins for leopard on dA (yeah, I'm serious!). I hope it's just a matter of time, as I'm already running leopard, and quite frankly, don't want to but stuc with the UI forever.

I think the issues will be overcome - they always have in the past!

I really wish Maxthemes update his milk for Leopard :(

How come? Shapeshifter isn't ready...?!!???

How come? Shapeshifter isn't ready...?!!???

Maxthemes also uses installers instead of shapeshifter... but I think they work in a similar way just without using shapeshifter to replace the resouces.