Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cannot change documents folder icon in Finder (OS X)

3 posts in this topic

I just got a new MacBook about 2 weeks ago and I decided that I was going to play around with candybar and change some icons around, however, when I apply an icontainer package it won't change my Documents folder in finder so I tried to change it manually by copying and pasting the desired icon as suggested on a few posts I read and the icon changed except it now shows the icon in very poor quality and with a black box around it.

I am wondering why it does that and how I can fix this problem to at least get it back to it's original default icon. Attached is a screenshot of the problem so you can see what i'm talking about.

TIA

post-30638-1193434389_thumb.png

one, the icon you are trying to replace it with is a png...hence the block box.....what you need to do is get ahold of pixadex, bring the png into there and then drag the png to your desktop (thus converting it to an icn)......then get info on that icon and your docs folder icon, copy the icon from the top of the get info window and paste it onto your documents get info window

Thanks for the info, this all got resolved when my leopard dvd came in the mail.