*At this point this is nothing more but speculation.*

[newsimg]http://www.aqua-soft.org/media/news/1867_macbook.jpg[/newsimg]

MacBook

* Black & Silver aluminum

* Slimmer and lighterthan current model

* Keyboard that resembles Apple’s new desktop keyboards

* New, larger trackpad with “unusual” features

* Prices will be reduced to compete with the PC laptop market

* Biometric fingerprint reader (May be part of the “unusual trackpad” or will be concealed in the aluminum chassis)

* SuperDrive

Specs are currently unknown but we’ll likely see 1GB RAM and 100GB Hard Drives in the lower model, and 2GB RAM and 160GB Hard Drives in the higher model. It is unlikely that we’ll see a dedicated graphics card in the MacBook, but an improved Intel GMA chip (such as the X3500) will be seen.

MacBook Pro

* New design, Black & Silver aluminum

* Lighter than current model

* New style backlit Apple keyboard

* Larger trackpad with “unusual” features

* Improved battery life

* Biometric fingerprint reader (May be part of the “unusual trackpad” or will be concealed in speakers)

* LED in 17 inch screens

* Core 2 Extreme Mobile (X7900) model with 2.8GHz

* NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT (256mb on lower model 512mb option on higher)

* SuperDrive & Option for Blu-ray (Single layer)

Continue reading here

Now that's tres snazzy. I just hope they come out soon.... I don't want to have to wait months to get a macbook...the wait for Leaopard is killing me.

hmm sounds credible seeing as they ditched the white ipod, they will likely ditch the white macbook.

(yay for alluminium).

nothin else there really exites me... except maybe the updated specs n lower price. lol

Darn it, I want a silver MacBook :(:P. Nice job with the news, though!

-NC

Me too! I can't wait to see the look of a silver Macbook :D

P.S: thanks, Admiral! :D :D

I WANT THE NEW SILVER MACBOOK.. as soon as it comes out.. and the best thing is that they are becoming cheaper.. any idea how low will they go?

i think that macbook pro is ideal and i dont think that apple release new model of this computer Mayby in january...

Sigh... this is a rumor and you state it like it's a fact.

/Threat title edited

I've been wondering why MacBooks don't have biometric scanners. I made sure when I bought my HP dv9500t that it had one. They're really cool.

I hope the X3500 is better that the X3100. The drivers aren't really good for the GMA graphics, especially if you're on Vista. Play anything more intense that SimCity 4 and you've got a problem.

One of these may get a 200GB drive option, seeing as those are becoming more common on build your own configurators.

My mom will definitely be happy about this, as she plans to get a Macbook for herself as well. I would really appreciate Apple adding Mini CD/DVD support as well...

I can almost guarantee that the next generation MacBook will feature the now standard aluminum and glass design. It's the only Apple product that isn't made out of aluminum. Even the $79 iPod shuffle uses aluminum.

Personally, this is both good and bad news. I just bought a MacBook back in late July, and yet it already has hundreds of the hairline scratches all over the casing. Anyone who's owned an iPod knows what I'm talking about. But at the same time, it sounds to me like the next generation MacBook won't be all that much more powerful. My MacBook already has a SuperDrive, 1 GB of memory and a 120 GB hard drive.

Speaking of the hairline scratches, does anyone know how to get rid of them? I've got a lot of them too. :( I don't know how the Macbook got those scratches on the case, but I always put it inside an Incase bag.

:(

Speaking of the hairline scratches, does anyone know how to get rid of them? I've got a lot of them too. :( I don't know how the Macbook got those scratches on the case, but I always put it inside an Incase bag.

You can't really get rid of them, it's just a property of the platic that's used.

The aluminum macbook sounds great :) seems like everyone wants one lol

Lol I already have one, its called a Macbook Pro, and its better than a macbook, it has a graphics card= balls.

...but its bigger. well hello! Its package has to go somewhere :D

I can't wait to see the look of a silver Macbook :D

lol. u could just look at the current Macbook Pro (squint ur eyes and stand a few metres back to make it 13" inch size) :P

... or look at one of the older powerbook g4's... Im pretty sure they made one of those in a 13" inch screen model. Will likely look similar, except slimmer, slightly different shape and with a different coloured keyboard?

i was seroiusly considering buying a macbook pro, and with this news, ill wait until leopard comes out and ill see what more comes out of the macbook's

I spoke too soon, apparently Mr. Clean Magic Eraser has been used to remove hairline scratches from plastic.

Hmm.. od you guys have a clue if the price of the MBP will go up or down? Because I already ordered an MBP like 2 weeks ago at my sorta Apple Store, but i still can cancel my order, so i really don't know if I should take it, or wait for the next-gen MBP? ---> BIG BIG DILEMMA I want my MBP now :'(

Seems like a lot of people are using this tool. We're getting a lot of this sort of stuff:

An operative deep inside Apple has given us this exclusive news about a Ultra Portable Mac Pro no later than Fourth Quarter 2007
A confirmed source has given us this exclusive news about a Redesigned Mac Mini no later than Fourth Quarter 2007
Our Apple informant has given us this exclusive news about a Black Macbook Pro no later than Fourth Quarter 2007

(sidenote on those last two... weird how correct the generator is!)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0