Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Leopard Screenies

41 posts in this topic

The dock keeps cofusing me more and more....the refdlections for each icon seem to be different....ARGG!!!11!

And I'm not feeling the grey gradient taskbar. Not at all. And the traffic lights are...eekk.

But I'm still looking way forward to Leopard.

The dock keeps cofusing me more and more....the refdlections for each icon seem to be different....ARGG!!!11!

And I'm not feeling the grey gradient taskbar. Not at all. And the traffic lights are...eekk.

But I'm still looking way forward to Leopard.

I know the gray gradient taskbar is really ugly. I'd rather have it just not transparent at all. Also, I hate the blue lights under each running app. I also hate the crosswalk seperators. The reflective icons are off or something. the traffic lights are alright. I still can't wait for leopard but I'm not sure if I even want to get it anymore. :( Why did they update it so ugly? Is apple turning ugly? The new iPod nanos (Not confirmed) are ugly and now Leopard... ugly?

I know the gray gradient taskbar is really ugly. I'd rather have it just not transparent at all. Also, I hate the blue lights under each running app. I also hate the crosswalk seperators. The reflective icons are off or something. the traffic lights are alright. I still can't wait for leopard but I'm not sure if I even want to get it anymore. :( Why did they update it so ugly? Is apple turning ugly? The new iPod nanos (Not confirmed) are ugly and now Leopard... ugly?

I think Leopard looks beautiful and very well done. I like the "Space Theme" and the Dock looks cool and I like the 3D look. I wish the menu bar was more transparent because it would be less eye-straining on the eyes. The thing I want to see now is Leopard having Cover Flow scrollbars through the entire system. Those looks so nice with the Space Wallpaper and would fit better for a space theme than Aqua or iTunes 7 scrollbars.

i like some of the new features (stacks, coverflow, maybe time machine), but visually, i am unimpressed. i was really hoping for something startling and revolutionary. just looks like a skinned tiger to me. still, i think there's a new imac in my future...

I personally feel that stacks is really stupid. It is just meant for a folder with a small number of files, apps folder at best. The best way though to use stacks is with smart folders imho.

does anybody know if there will be the oportunity to have a rounded menubar like in tiger. The actuall "non-rounded" bar is ugly and I don't want it.

Everything doesn't seem to flow as well as tiger did...it all seems like a mish mash...i don't like the uninteresting grey toolbar buttons...the back and forward buttons don't seem symmetrical vertically. Maybe they should stop trying to adapt they're existing look. The traffic light buttons don't look entirely finished yet so i don't thing they'll stay that way so i don't think we need to worry about them. I think design-wise leopard needs a complete overhaul. Who knows maybe what we are seeing now is the ugly leopard before it sheds its skin after its metamorphosis into a new OS, i mean the traffic lights sort of point to that possibility.

I can't believe the menu bar isn't rounded. That is the worst part about Leopard.

Everything doesn't seem to flow as well as tiger did...it all seems like a mish mash
That's surprising.. Tiger was in fact a mish mash. Aqua Style, Brushed, Plastic (mail.app anyone?) and Unified (iTunes!!) all mixed up. I think Leopard is heading in proper direction for it's GUI. At last, we will get unified, constant look across the OS. Off course not everyone will like the look at first, some love aqua while some love brushed and some will love the new smooth metal, cold metal (or plastic as some like to call it) look.

The way I see it, Apple will first do the unification of GUI in Leapord... that way it becomes easier to update to new GUI in next OS release if they plan to do major overhaul visually.

The song in the video is cool hehe :) I prefer black & glossy scrollbars than the iTunes 7 ones... but definitely, Aqua scrollbars & brushed metal is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you Apple, for killing the Aqua of the macs!!!!:mad:

Damn you Apple, for killing the Aqua of the macs!!!!:mad:

Is it really that a big of a deal? Why do so many people whine on Leopard's looks. Don't judge a system by its looks.

I'm not judging Leopard, I mean, Leopard is amazing, but I think Apple should have left the Aqua scrollbars & brushed metal on leopard:)

I think Leopard looks beautiful and very well done. I like the "Space Theme" and the Dock looks cool and I like the 3D look. I wish the menu bar was more transparent because it would be less eye-straining on the eyes. The thing I want to see now is Leopard having Cover Flow scrollbars through the entire system. Those looks so nice with the Space Wallpaper and would fit better for a space theme than Aqua or iTunes 7 scrollbars.

I would like the cover flow scroll bars as well. I think the iTunes 7 are just so boring and ugly. I am such a fan of aqua and brushed I am sad to see them go, but I don't think that the "plastic" look is ugly. I just hope they are consistant, that's all. With that said, I really hope they chose cover flow bars.

And I just can't get over how much the dock confuses me! System Preferences seems to be reflecting right, but then other things like iTunes and Dash are weird...it's like...I don't know how to explain it, they just aren't right. I'm not sure how the icons are supposed to be reflecting, because they aren't consistent. And I liked the blue light indicator, but that has a reflection and that reflection looks weird....damn these reflections! I mean, I really like the new dock, but these reflections are killing me.

I think Aqua is no more in Leopard. Aqua scrollbars won't look right with the system in Leopard. Cover Flow scrollbars would be the best for Leopard (I originally wanted iTunes 7 scrollbars in Leopard but now I want Cover Flow scrollbars).

In my opinion, leopard is ugly all together. I'll tell you why, in order of hatred:

1.)The hideous, ugly, blue sidebar :barf:

2.)The hideously ugly toolbar icons, in all their gray demise.

3.)The Vista wannabe Finderbar, eww.

4.)The icons, they look all granite-ey and ugly. I dont like the flat look of them.

5.)And now, the glyphs. They look like a bad emulation attempt.

6.)Probably the scrollbars.

What i do like about Leopard is the SmoothStripes interface. BRING BACK AQUA!!!!

6.)Probably the scrollbars.

Which ones? iTunes 7 or Cover Flow?

You know Leopard is not just new looks, Leopard has some under the hood enhacements and there's still the secret features we don't know about.