Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Get a free ipod nano? or wait for Leopard?

13 posts in this topic

I'm planning on buying a Macbook or MBP soon but there's a decision i have to make: should i buy the laptop before the end of September to get a free Ipod nano (because i'm a college student) or shoud I wait for October to get the Leopard along with the laptop?

Wait for Leopard. Get your lappy with a good laser printer using the rebate.

Trust me when I say you want laser, even black and white, just for the sheer number of papers and quick reference docs you'll be printing in college.

It really depends how much the new Leopard features are worth to you. I personally don't value them too highly, so I would go ahead and get the free iPod Nano plus the printer.

-NC

Well, what I'm thinking so far is that i should take the free Ipod because If I believe that the price of Leopard will be the same as the current Tiger (approx 150$ CAN/ 130$ USD), it would be for more advantaged to get the free ipod nano 4gb (approx 230$ CAN / 200$ USD). I guess i can always upgrade from Tiger to Leopard later when I will have managed to get enough money right?

I hope that my supposition for the Leopard price will be true :P and that my decision is good.

I have enough iPods so I would wait for Leopard. Or maybe just buy the laptop now and get the free iPod Nano and then get Leopard later.

I dunno, 200$ ipod nano vs 130$ leopard.

If anything, buy the iPod nano, do the rebate, then sell it = Saved more money...

i know this probably isn't allowed but if the american and the canadian dollar are just about the same, i fail to understand how Leopard will cost 150$ over here and 130$ in the States...

Will Leopard come with iLife '08? And possibly a trial or full version of iWork '08?