Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Coverflow-Clone for Windows

26 posts in this topic

A Coverflow Clone for Windows, that would be the coolest thing ever! I cant make it but if someone would that be so sweet

like for windows explorer

that is just what i was looking for thanks for the link

question: obviously, coverflow is built in to itunes 7.x. what does coverflow do as a standalone app? (besdies show the covers, of course!)

i don't believe that it is a standalone app, in osx, but i think it will be integrated into finder, when leopard comes out. You will be able to flip through your music(by album art), your pictures and your movies.

CoverFlow was an application that was acquired by Apple. It's currently integrated into iTunes, but it will be in the new Finder in Leopard as well.

Wow, this VSDigital guy loks amazing. As well as being a great skinner, by the sounds of thigns he's developing his own OS X-like shell for windows, to replace explorer.exe - basicly a much, much more complete finder clone.

Dose anyone know what happened to vsdigital, it seemed like he had updates like every two weeks, then he hasn't been on deviantart since June 20, whats up, i guess im too impatient.

Ya i have tried this, but it doesn't have much, in the way of replacing Microsoft explorer, it still has aways to go. The one that vsdigital, was showing, seemed to look more function as a replacement. I'm not saying that flying cow's coverflow is bad, but it is just a demonstration of concept.

VSDigital's is yet to come, just be patient. Its in beta testing right now. Yoni is testing it.

Or you could wait for Cairo...From the shots Mciarlo showed, they have a very good file vrowser app that combines the best of explorer and finder, including coverflow.

Anything new? How close is VSDigital, if anyone knows. I looked at Cairo's home, and they look like they are very close, their concept seams promising. Cairo News... Cant Wait ... for anything

i know whats up with that, its not as important to me, sense i have leopard installed now.

Cairo does look promsing, VSDigital's app has been in the making for months.

I have never heard about Cairo and just looked at it, it does look rather nice :)

Vs digital is disappeared!!!!

He has been gone for over 4 weeks

He escaped with Matonga xD

mmm.... Thanks for the info I added Cairo page to my bookmark

whoa, I haven't seen this thread yet :P

Coverflow for windows would be very nice ;)

Well, you say STEEL SKIES was the original creator of COVERFLOW. And that they sold all intellectual rights to APPLE to integrate it into Itunes. But they forgot to take the setup off one site : Download.com

http://www.cnet.com.au/downloads/soa/Cover...0568826s,00.htm

I hope the above link will help the developers out there create a better coverflow clone for windows XP. Or maybe you could modify it to be run on XP or to be integrated into Finderbar Skins for Objectbar.... The above ORIGINAL COVERFLOW Software is in .dmg format, works only on Mac Tiger.

If the link goes dead, contact me, i have downloaded the file.