Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iMac Energy Saver

2 posts in this topic

Couple of questions if someone can maybe help/answer

I've been using my G4 iMac for a good few months now, and one thing that's really, and I mean REALLY, getting on my nerves is the energy saver functions.

I've got it set at the default and it's fine for most things, however when I'm maybe reading/watching a website or using iTunes the dim function starts and screen shut-down kicks in.

Does anyone know of some kind of software to detect what app is open and override the dim/switch off function.

I don't want to go into the sys pref and adjust it all the time.

While I'm on a roll I'll also ask, since the latest OS X 10.4.10 release my Finder keeps crashing. All I'm doing it right clicking on a file to delete it and BANG it drops. It normally comes back up within a few seconds, but it's starting to do it more often. I've not added any new software or done anything out the ordinary. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just the age of my iMac it starting to show through?

While I'm on a roll I'll also ask, since the latest OS X 10.4.10 release my Finder keeps crashing. All I'm doing it right clicking on a file to delete it and BANG it drops. It normally comes back up within a few seconds, but it's starting to do it more often. I've not added any new software or done anything out the ordinary. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just the age of my iMac it starting to show through?

before and after installing updates always repair permissions......try repairing them to see if it fixes your prob, if not trash your pref's file