Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

White or Black Macbook

41 votes

1. 1.

• The glossy white
    • The matte black

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Just wondering which color of the macbook you guys prefer: the glossy white or the matte black?

And also, why?

P.S. (Thanks to virstulte for reminding it) The white one is cheaper by approx. 100$ // Normally 150$ cheaper but we have to upgrade the hard drive to the same one as the black's one =D

white, 1: it looks cleaner, 2: its typical Apple 3: its classic (when i think of apple, i think white) 4: it matches my iPod!!!

it depends...the difference between the 2 is the hard drive space. if money isn't a problem, i'd go with black. it's a lot nicer and doesn't show dirt as much.

i was asking myself if the macbook is good for photoshop and web creation or i do need the MBP for that? im not planning on playing games on it but i would like to use it for college and for some creation projects like web designing and video editing

well, MBP is designed for using professional applications like final cut and photoshop, etc etc.

therefore, in this case i suggest you would purchase a macbook pro.

White is the standard for Apple so immediately everyone knows your awesome and own an Apple.

haha, with plans for a new macbook I was confronted with the same problem.. As chicky as the white one looks, I say; glossy white, its classic apple, you cant go wronge.

black is so... cheap-laptop-pc-like.

so yeah, apple heavenly white all the way!

- they should bring back the colours... im so dissapointed apple havent :P

haha its true that the white one looks alot cooler but dont they get dirty easily?

just bringing back my question about using some Adobe applications, will the MBP be very necessary? ou i can stick just the macbook, cuz im a little bit restricted with my budget >.<

Personally I won't think you need the MBP just for Photoshop, as long as you get high end and beefed up with RAM.

Personally I won't think you need the MBP just for Photoshop, as long as you get high end and beefed up with RAM.

Definitely agreed, I paid 1500 for my MacBook White with 2GB ram and 120 GB hard drive, with a SuperDrive and 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo.

Upgrade the ram, it's an upgrade you DEFINITELY will not regret. I have NEVER run out of ram, even when I pushed it to the limits by running iMovie and GarageBand at the same time with open files.

hmm doesnt the MBP have a better motherboard (now that I think of it?).... ie- a faster bus I think.

so while all the basic specs are the same (cpu, ram, hard disk) its still a slightly slower computer (ithink) that and it lacks a graphics card (AKA BALLS)

Okay, seems like Photoshop is fine on the Macbook, but how about the other Adobe applications such as Illustrator, Flash, Premiere Pro, etc.? And also, will I be able to link it to my TV to watch movies and pictures?

I will be purchasing my first mac in 1 month and I'm still reluctant in buying a macbook or a MBP >.<

The black should be the default option from Apple, as I remember all original PowerBooks were black. I choose black!

Black is better, it has more HD, more RAM and the black looks more elegant and nice, although i think white is more original and is the natural color of the Macs :)

Black is better, it has more HD, more RAM and the black looks more elegant and nice, although i think white is more original and is the natural color of the Macs :)
I like black too, but the top of the line white macbook and the blackbook have the same specs for the most part, except for harddrive space (+ $75 for 160 GB harddrive). But black mac all the way!

I was under the impression that all MacBook models come with 1 GB of RAM standard. Thus, the only way the "Blackbook" could have more RAM is if you paid seperately for an upgrade.

I have a White MacBook and I love it. I like the glossy look.

White Macbook.

If they ever update it to the

new imac look(aluminum) i would love it.