Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aqua-Soft home page

15 posts in this topic

I just got a suggestion here. You guys should probably add some more things to the home page ;) some news, the last post on it is from august 2006.

By the way is a new one under development?

Its done, its just awaiting content :P

I think theme releases went down when Susumu switched over...Does KoL even make themes anymore?

I just checked his last theme release was over 1 year ago...I really do miss the olden days.

:D hope the home page is done soon. oh and any specific date/time it will be done?

-Alexander

Hehe, its nothing great, it just ties into the forums more. Instead of using wordpress we'll just be using posts from the forums, so if a user wants to post news of his / her release they can.

What i think would be clever, is if every page request in the forums was 'parsed' so that words that have articles in the Wiki are linked to the appropriate page there. So essentially using a system similar to that used for the mouse-over ads. Also, in order to ensure the posts don't become cluttered with links, the style of the links should be the same as the rest of the post style, just highlighted when the user moves their mouse over the word.

It wouldn't be so hard to tack such a script onto the end of the existing query. I assume this all uses PHP right? Well, something to think about ;) If you understood me :P

I think I was supposed to talk to Tim about it this past weekend :P. It's pretty much ready to go, just need some news!

-NC

How are you doing this? It's vBulletin, but are you using some custom plugin to create that format/page, or is it something you tweaked yourself from scratch?

It's a PHP script (a plugin, actually, that integrates with vBulletin) that simply pulls threads from a specified forum. We set up a new forum for the "posts" (threads).

-NC

That's pretty cool. An available script, or something you've homebrewn?