Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Were we bad as new users too?

111 posts in this topic

I know there are a few veterans that still roam A-S, and even less elders. But I just have to ask; was I that annoying when I was a n00b?

Just look at my post count and I dare you not to think "post-*****." And even in my pinnacle of the height with the K(aQ)oOT, was I that bad? It was something that I was worrying about since I didn't want to come off hypocritical if I were to say anything.

This thread is not in direct result of metallicamaster3's banning, but it was made realistic when he was banned (even though I never was, nor I don't think I was ever warned more than a verbal "chill out" from Contra every now-and-then). It was just something I was wondering about.

C'mon, we couldn't go that long without a nostalgic and egotistical thread, could we? ;)

Don't hurt me

I don't like to beat on other people, because that's just not nice.

I have this theory that your total posts on a forum divided by the number of days that you've been a member on that forum equals your "spam quotient".

For example, I joined in July 2005. I have only 319 posts. MM3 however, joined in January 2007 and has 442 posts. He therefore would have a much higher "spam quotient" than I.

I had 13,000 posts on a forum after being a member for ~2 years. :S Was support staff though (see, some of us girls actually *do* have mod experience :P) and I'm just usually hyperactive in that regard.

@Nicholas: You could just look at the "Posts per day" thing ;)

Lately though, I haven't been looking at how many posts a person has, just the join date...

Thread edited so it's not an active discussion of moderator action. Have fun peeps!

//Thread title edited for clarity (by gnomexp, no less! Looks like I was too late on the draw).

This thread can remain open as long as it doesn't turn to bashing an individual member i.e. MM3.

Sadly, I wasn't here in your heyday (and I missed K(aQ)oOT by a few months :(), but you probably weren't that annoying. I find that most users who are perceived as "annoying" by other members either grow out of the stage pretty quickly, or leave. Either way, the "annoying stage" is pretty quickly forgotten about. There are a few members I could name (but won't) who I remember as annoying/rule-breakers, but most of them fade into memory.

-NC

If anyone cared about my "first" icon release, I literally ripped RAD.E8's toolbar icons and slapped them on hard drives. xD

Yeah... oops. (No one ever noticed)

I don't think it is a matter of how many posts you have on board but it's about the quality of the posts. There are members who are very active here and when they do comment, they have something insightful to say or add a little levity to the subject. Then you get those comments on the board where you think to yourself, "Why didn't they just read it and keep their useless comments to themselves?" Look at my post count... I've been here since 9/2005 and I only have 70 posts on the board... Oh wait, 71 after this one. :)

Purely my opinion - The member mention above very rarely had anything to add to the discussion, he seemed to thrive on watching his post count go up, wanted everyone to notice him, and was trying to demonstrate to us that he could use a keyboard. Every once and a while, everyone needs a time out and in this case it was well deserved. ;)

I agree it's not the amount of post you do it the quality of them.

I'm all for the saying if you've got nothing sensible to say, keep quiet.

I do get the feeling some people post and post and post to get their count up and make them look important and clever.

I'll be honest and say I really hate starting new threads, cause 9 times out of 10 the questions has already been asked adn the answer is out there, I just can't seem to find it.

^ You forgot to mention PC++ :P

I bet most of you don't know what my first post was. Even though it turned out big (due to a title edit :P ). And don't you go searching.

Ahh... the good old days (where's Goku?). I reckon my early posts were as bad as my later efforts. Oh well. Wizard... what's happened to the purple?

I don't think i was too much of a cretin when i first registered... ~4 years ago now :o I've never been that active though. Aqua-Soft is the first forum i ever used... and if i'm honest it's still the best i've come across in terms of design (graphics, content, moderators, etc). Who else would regard A-S as their first forum :)

Maybe we're all just grumpy old sods now :P

P.S. 'tis a shame... i missed what the little blighter was banned for...

...was I that annoying when I was a n00b?

If you ask me, you're still quite annoying.

However, you make up for it by craking me up most of the time. In my eyes, that makes a member just as important to me, as all the developers, artists and helpful souls.

i'm still a new user, i might have more posts then a lot of people on this thread, but i haven't said hello in the other thread...

i still think most of my posts are pointless, i only joined to ask someone a question over pm..

200px-601_image_21.jpg

Whatevuh. I digitally put Jabba the Hutt back into the original Star Wars movie!

"what-evuh...i'll do what i want"

Since i've been around Wizard hasn't been annoying just had this witty humor to the contrary silliness of Simon, I think the thread I made making a parody of Jesus with "I will survive" was as bad as i ever got

Hell look at my post count. I've been here since forever. The place has changed a lot, so I just don't post very much anymore.

And I KNOW I've spewed my fair share of crap on more than one occasion.

The thing people forget is that it's OK to disagree with someone... just keep it respectful.

@Nicholas: You could just look at the "Posts per day" thing ;)

Dammit, I'm dumb.

@gnomexp: Nice icon release. Mind sharing a link? :P

You got to see that some users also doesnt speak englihs as well as others, and sometimes it looks that were posting something stupid, but its just that english is not our mother language.

Just my two cents

no we werent.

the new members spam and are banned every other week.

I totally agree with iiswiis and yes my first language isnt english so my grammar and all that is out the door i am learning as of 1 year of english class and i have come this far... but yeah it doesnt matter on the count of posts you make what matters is the qualaty of the post... and wether u had something helpfull to bring or say... we are all beginners at one point we never were born knowiing atleast i wasnt shizt ... but we learn as everysunrise comes.. so my belief is if you have no helpfull critizm i dont think u should say anything... and if u are just gonna type cause u have control of a keyboard with out thinking about what your gonna type dont do it it will get you in trouble like me haha.... but all around i am a nice guy i apreaciate all work good and bad and i give props to those who try .... but lately i have seen ppl on here post ridiculous threads or post a ridiculous response like for example a grumpy response or a response like your taunting the post dont do it .... yes i know we all know when someone is using sarcasm to make fun and i know we all know when someone isnt being nice point is if you dont have something nice to say or have positive critisizm it will get you in trouble like i said earlier folks i love this forum and im expressing my opinion hope it doesnt get me fired from here :( ... Happy Easter everybody.

All criticism is helpful, thats the whole point of it wether negative or positive, ridiculous threads and posts are what keeps this place alive, there is nothing wrong with having fun every once in a while

I know there are a few veterans that still roam A-S, and even less elders. But I just have to ask; was I that annoying when I was a n00b?

As I recall, you were just as annoying to me back then and I kinda bashed you for that... then Seph tells me to leave you alone and that's when I decided I didn't like Seph either. But since I did find you more humorous than annoying, I got used to you first before I got used to Seph. :)

who doesn't like me, raise ur hand!!!! not finger though, right

oh, mang i shouldn't ask this. :D

i'll raise my hand and my finger. one, two three!

This is the most posts i've had on any forum :slant: