Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F14 and F15 keys

4 posts in this topic

I would like to use F14 and F15 as triggers in Quicksilver, but they default as Brightness up/down. Is there a way I can disable the brightness control so that I can map the keys to Quicksilver?

Thanks

System Preferences-->Keyboard and Mouse Preference Pane-->Keyboard Tab-->Check the "Use the F1-F12 keys to control software features" box. Then you can enter in F14 and F15 in the trigger box. Note, however, that this will alter Exposé behavior.

There's probably a better way. Have you tried looking at the QS forums?

-NC

System Preferences-->Keyboard and Mouse Preference Pane-->Keyboard Tab-->Check the "Use the F1-F12 keys to control software features" box. Then you can enter in F14 and F15 in the trigger box. Note, however, that this will alter Exposé behavior.

There's probably a better way. Have you tried looking at the QS forums?

-NC

Doesn't work. F14-15 aren't in F1-F12 :)

I'll try the QS boards.

Hehe, I probably should have realized that :P.

Perhaps try finding the keycode for F14 and F15 [[this has been superseded--see my Edit below]], and then manually editing the Triggers.plist file located in:

~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver

Make sure to make a backup first.

-NC

P.S: Note that you should make the trigger first and assign a dummy keystroke to initiate it...then you'll only have to edit a few lines in the Triggers.plist file instead of manually making a new entry.

[[EDIT: Never mind all that. A simple Google search provided exactly what you're looking for. http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/tips/remap_function_keys.html. Read it the whole way through, and you may even be able to use it in conjunction with what I provided above.]]