Followers 0

Official MacWorld 2007 Thread

88 votes

1. 1.

• New iMac
    • iTV
    • Another crazy product
    • iPhone (yawns...)
    • Resolution independent GUI (whatever its called)
    • New official video iPod
    • Partnership with AMD (yes such rumours exist)
    • the new Apple 'look' to replace Aqua- "Illuminous"
    • Leopard and its new programs
    • other... (please specify...have I forgotten anything?)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

Not really a hot rumored item, but I want apple to update the damn Airport routers... thing is old as crap (still 802.11g) but these new intel macs have (so somepeople say) pre-802.11n stuff in there.

Problem is everyone is overhyping this, no way in hell apple can even meet a tiny bit of that hype so no matter what you mac users have made this macworld feel like it sucked even before it started... tsk tsk tsk :P

Do yo think we/you are setting ourselves for the biggest disappointment of the year. Wishing this, wanting that and when it finally arrives it like.............Oh that's it.

I'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground and I'll be happy with what I get.

Cause lets face it, it can't be any bigger white elephant than MS Vista?

I'm to the point right now where practically anything Apple does surprises me. I am set that the Illuminous will be a glorified iTunes 7 GUI. I am convinced that the iPhone will look almost exactly like the Chocolate phone. I am confident that we will never get an Excel replacement. My expectations are probably the lowest that they can be. But I am hoping that Apple will give me some good surprises this time around.

Like I said earlier, I'll be looking forward for iPhone cause I for once, would love to have single device (Music+Phone) and for Music it's better be iPod (before anyone try to be smartass and point out phone that can do music).

Besides that, mps69 stole my thoughts.... I'm also wondering if we will see price cuts (most specificaly notebooks) as many of the apple event past couple years. I really want that damn macbook pro.

I dont care for the new iTV i couldnt care less! I saw that u mentioned a laptop with AMD i would like that because i bought a compaq last year with amd and i must admit intel should be worrying! i am looking forward to that even though it aint gonna happen! Leopard will be great. I really like that widget maker and core animations! cant wait till it comes out!

BTW I went on a safari tour in africa and we saw a leopard!!

I know my jokes suck balls! :P

Do yo think we/you are setting ourselves for the biggest disappointment of the year. Wishing this, wanting that and when it finally arrives it like.............Oh that's it.

true, although Jobs did say this was going to be the most exciting year for Apple in terms of product launch (or something along those lines) and the apple site banner does suggest something 'big'...

I wouldnt be surprised if they unleash leopard early (its meant to come in Spring 07...EDIT- ohh wait, what season is it over in California now? I live in Aus)... but expect there to be disappointment from people who had hoped like me.

I find that at every Macworld/special event I am dissapointed by a no show, surprised by something that unexpectedly showed, and am satisfied that a rumoured product did show... therefor I dont see any harm in dreaming.

Realy want an iphone and would like to see leopard as well

the iPhone is so overhyped. Then again, I bet once (if) it is released, Steve will use his RDF on us: "We've worked for years and years"...."I'm really excited about this"..."revolutionary design"...then we'll see how people talk about it

A new better iPod I really want to see, but I doubt it, as so many people bought one over the holidays and wouldn't want to see their new one just dropped down to a "no longer on the front page" product.

I want to see a cheaper Macbook Pro hopefully. Either that or a performance boost on the Macbook in some way. New iMac....sure that sounds great too. New Aqua? that just sounds farfetched (or am i wrong?).

None the less, Leopard ahoy!

the iPhone is so overhyped.

I agree... but if it lives up to the hype or does something revolutionary (lets not forget what the iPod did for the mp3 player market), then it could be great...

imagine face to face video chat - ok thats proabably beyond the message carrier and theres probably not enough infastructure, but it would be cool...

The one thing I do like about the iPhone (assuming the rumours are true) is that it will combine a phone and an iPod (best of both worlds) into one neat little package.

Jobs has said before that he doesnt like current music phones, believing 'iPod' is the best for music... So many times tho I take my iPod somewhere, and then I also have to take my phone, wallet and headphones ...before to long my pockets are full and I have to take a man-bag (Im a guy so handbags dont cut it)... so why not put an iPod and phone together? I think it will be great.

but I want apple to update the damn Airport routers... thing is old as crap (still 802.11g) but these new intel macs have (so somepeople say) pre-802.11n stuff in there.

Off topic:

I thought all the pre-n/quasi-n routers are supposed to be garbage?

Has this changed recently, b/c I'm buying a wireless g router in the next couple of days due to everywhere I've been reading that the n ones are a disaster?

I just got back from Moscone Center (we were setting up our booths) and I heard two VERY interesting things...

1. New York Times people apparently got their hands on the iPhone today. It has touch-screen, iPod-like finish and supposedly is gorgeous.

2. Leopard will have lots of new 3D goodies - amongst them is different light sources support. I can't even get started on this, it's so exciting. Jason Harris (Unsanity, the guy who created Shapeshifter) told me that he found various proofs for this in Leopard code so.....

Sorry for spreading out gossip but it's so exciting I thought you guys would like to know! :)

nice, im looking forward to that iPhone but the thing is will it be able to bring down the razr craze? personally i have the v3i quadband phone and it came with itunes preinstalled and i dont like it, its slow and the interface isnt as polished as ipod's but just like the razr everyone will probably want one of these and that will cause alot to look for alternatives. also what's new with itv?

1. New York Times people apparently got their hands on the iPhone today. It has touch-screen, iPod-like finish and supposedly is gorgeous.

I'm taking it no links or piccys just yet? :)

2. Leopard will have lots of new 3D goodies - amongst them is different light sources support.

Sorry for spreading out gossip

This sounds very interesting as the rumoured name for the next GUI to replace aqua is ILLUMINOUS, suggesting 'light'...

-this could make for some very interesting theme if light somehow reflected off the windows or something...

And this thread is intended to be a gossip thread ;) until the facts come, speculation is enjoyable and wets the appetite for Apples.

Please please please don't let there be an iPhone or whatever they might decide to call it. I have absolutely no use for one, and neither do millions of other people with perfectly good phones and iPods. Why do people think it even exists. Apple has never even vaguely mentioned it.

I just want to see Leopard, and considering the recent Intel announcement, the Mac Pros packing Quad-Core chips (PowerMac still sounds so much better than Mac Pro). It would also be nice to see what has become of "iTV" since we last saw it. Also, if they found a way to boost the capacity of the Nanos (Black 16GB, yes please) i'd be happy.

If it means the end of aqua I will be sad to the max.

If it means the end of aqua I will be sad to the max.

I don't think aqua will ever go away, it will merely evolve and be taken to new levels.

...personally i have the v3i quadband phone and it came with itunes preinstalled and i dont like it, its slow and the interface isnt as polished as ipod's...

Apple teaming up with Motorola; I never really got that one. Why, oh why, decide to team up with a company infamous for crafting some of the worst UI's in existence? Don't get me wrong, in terms of technology, Motorola is at the forefront. However, that means so little if noone's able to actually use your products. I personally carry around a V3i, just to remind myself what not to do when designing interfaces.

That said, I may be somewhat of a dinosaur: I personally have yet to see the promises of convergence unfold. I wan't a dedicated Mp3-player that is really good at managing my music, a dedicated phone that suits my phone-needs, and a camera that's really good at taking pictures. So far, all I have been presented with are compromises: All-in-one gadgets that's crap at them all. Why is it, exactly, that I need my GPS to play mp3s? My camera to send text messages? IMHO the iPod has already been taken to far. I really don't need to watch tiny little videos on my MP3-player, when I can buy an Archos that is far superior in that respect. I'm sure that the future will present the perfectly integrated product, but until then, I'm sticking with my dedicated products.

Quite a departure, I know, I just couldn't hold it in.

Remember guys, the live text stream will be at http://www.macrumorslive.com/ . I don't think there will be any video stream of it (Apple's own will be an hour or two after), unless someone sneaks in a camera with a broadband connection to the internet.

It's an exciting day my friends.

I'm watching / reading the live text stream @ MacRumors.com. It's exciting!! :)