Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Developing my Mac OSX Unified Vista theme

24 posts in this topic

^Name for theme is pending...

(not sure if this is in the right place as it is an aero and aqua theme but it Is for Mac OSX)

I have found out a way to create the Mac OSX Vista theme inspired by the flash found here;

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....highlight=vista

I need ur help... I am no amateur to making skins (see my itunes collection for multiplugin), but am a total no0b to "themepark" (program you use to make themes for shapeshifter).

7497.jpg

-The menus look absolutely delectable... and work well with MacOSX's transparent selection squares...

7498.jpg

- Active Window: Buttons look great, but the window itself is a little too poopy grey. Yes the windows are transparent (see icon on desktop?)... Also in the middle finder section the transparency isnt working.

7500.jpg

- Inactive Window + menus; the window shade itself (not the buttons) looks better when inactive, as you can see the menus are screwed (still functional) I should be able to fix this by adjusting font sizes?

...Theres a lot of things wrong to be fixed, but as im sure you can see this theme has great potential...

If you want to try out the theme (Warning! its not even a Beta), you can download it here (3.3mb zip)...

(^you will need shapeshifter to apply the theme)

Alternatively you can try merging UNO and Aero yourself (links below)...

How I created the theme;

I used themepark's "Merge with installed theme" to merge UNO 1.3.1 and Ruler Aero, instructions can be found here ( 2/3rds of the way down)

-UNO 1.3.1 is a program which applies a unified theme in a similar fashion to shapeshifter and can be found here

-"Ruler Aero", is a transparent theme created by ICE Spectre, so thanx go to him for his achievements, I just put 1 and 1 together.

I am considering making the entire theme if you tell me how to fix its problems, however I would love it if somebody else more experienced at themepark would take over to create this!

(using UNO theme and the transparencies shown above)

PS- my wallpaper is awesome...

Thankyou for your help!

Really nice but the menu is really ****ed..

I am aware... if you read my post you would realise i need someone to help make the theme because im not entirely sure how to fix these problems...

I'll leave this stickied for a little bit, just 'cause you asked nicely :P. It's not indefinite, though ;).

-NC

I'll leave this stickied for a little bit, just 'cause you asked nicely :P. It's not indefinite, though ;).

-NC

Thanx NC... It looks like ill be the one making this :P ... it just means this is gonna take a while, a lot of hard work, a lot of trial and error/hit and miss... and by the end of it I'll probably hate the theme so much that I wont wanna use it....hahaha

all the images I posted are dead? should I repost them? (edit them in that is)

...we'll see how it goes...

the offer is still out there peoples... eternal glory to whoever makes this theme! (dont let it be me, damn u)

Nice so far. I'd offer to help, but I'm still trying to figure out themepark too.

Oh man, this is sexy. If this is somehow ported to Windows, then I'm willing to pay for WindowBlinds ;)

:confused: ...hmm I have really no idea ... been searching for whats wrong in themepark, but it all looks fine, I dont know where to start...

(yes I know whats wrong in the theme, just not where to go to fix it)

Well, Vista got a border. Maybe putting the transparency to the edge of the window will be better.

lmao. definitely this is one wikid theme. cant wait for u to release it, and then port it to XP :P

... I Would except you used rapidshare, and rapidshare is eternally evil.

(I followed ur link and it asks me to join up, no thanx)

Try www.uploading.com, its what I use... thankyou for your help tho...

Yeah the menus are my first priority, and I still havent worked out how to fix those, so yeah im really stuffed.

EDIT 1- ohh wait, im downloading in 5 min... silly rapidshare *tsk tsk*.

EDIT 2-

ive been playing aroud wit themes and this one had the proper Finderbar menu but the menus arent very good so ull need to fix that.. enjoy..

Oohh neat!... you fixed up the menu problem existant in mine :P

- so from what I gather instead of using the "merge with installed elements", you modded Ruler Aero from scratch?...

This may be the best way to go about creating my theme (modding from scratch opposed to merging two different themes and running into problems which are hard to find)... looking into it again...

Well theres certain things I dont like about ruler aero, such as the menus highlight is rounded etc...I take thats what you mean by the "menus arent very good"?... I'm onto it. :)

(Please clarify... is that what you meant?)

Cheers Leigh

^ i used Merge with installed Elements and i merged with Uno Smooth. and it came up like that

^ i used Merge with installed Elements and i merged with Uno Smooth. and it came up like that

Hmm ok... I merged with UNO (the basic program version- not smooth)...

I'm currently manually modding resources, see how it goes... otherwise I will look into this uno smooth.

thanx :)

EDIT- where can I find uno smooth, just out of curiosity (I havent seen it before).

Cheers, im using variant 4 as the base.... I know how to fix those menus now :) ... thats the easy part.

I'm now making leaps and bounds, transparency is created via photoshop, not via a mask (as it is in multiplugin/itunes) which make thing a LOT easier.

The main problem comes in skinning the inside/middle section of the window... I think ruler aero had this problem too... basically you cant make it transparent, if you do it just reveals a dark ugly grey section behind it...im hoping I can find that section in themepark, but I dont know... if Ice Specter couldnt find it, then I probably have less of a chance...

I think I may make active windows a dark black colour (transparent) and also the menus... or maybe that just as a variant, simply coz its hard to navigate windows/menus etc...

Has anything been done with this since January? Perhaps a finished version is posted somewhere?

EDIT-

illuminous.png

is coming...

As I posted in the other thread (Mac OSX Vista (flash));

"Levi- The perfectionist died in a themepark. thus the theme is no longer going ahead (edit, insert- quite as expected... here), sorry guys...

I couldnt get the windows to theme properly (edit, insert- ', still cant.' here), if i made them too transparent, a black showed up behind them.

Simply, the theme is impossible to make (edit, insert- 'perfect' here).

Transparencies only work in certain places, and when it doesnt, it looks horrible- a big black box appears behind the texture you make transparent. (edit, insert- 'thus im making a theme with transparency only in certain places called illuminous.' here)

Its one of the limitations of the Mac OSX theme engine, and thus I havent worked out a way round it. (edit- insert, 'other than to ... well, work around it' here)

I too loved the theme (edit, insert- 'BUT I LOVE THE NEW THEME MORE AND SO WILL YOU! (i hope)'here).

If I knew how to make this theme I would (edit, insert- 'and so I am...sorta' here.

Hope you'll continue : )

WHOAH... just a tad bump ;)

I did continue.

Look at illuminous, Loco and iLeo and the like...

I abandoned full window transparency due to Mac's theming limitations (ie- the ugly grey windows).

I plan to persue transparent menu bars and Windows in future versions of iLeo however.

All my themes utilise transparent menus...

Roadmap

- Mac OSX unified vista theme concept (should be a link to download at beginning of thread... was a cool concept. But largely unusable.

- Illuminous- transparent menubar, unified windows, gloss. Based on the concept. No transparent windows though.

- Loco- A completely new theme that aimed to remove the gloss from Leopard and create a "Back to basics" theme that was easy on the eyes and consistant.

-iLeo- A loco revision, featuring more Leopard esque windows (and less stark whites)... its a perfected blend of illuminous, Loco and Leopard elements.

-iLeo Leopard- When theming potential of Leopard is fully realised I will adapt iLeo (transparent windows, vector theming, transparent menubars, consistant active/innactive windows... other)... I've dabbled a little but have found Leopard too inconsitant. When a theming tool is released ill have a look.