Followers 0

AveTunes 5: WMP support

47 posts in this topic

AveTunes 5

Windows Media Player support added

Screenshot

avetunes5_thumbnail.jpg

IMPORTANT

For WMP support, you'll need to have WMPuICE plugin for Windows Media Player 9 installed.

download it here: http://www.mediatexx.com/download/addons.htm#wmpuice

Description

AveTunes is a popular remote controller desklet for iTunes, winamp, and as of this version for Windows Media Player, that has hundreds of skins available.

WMP support

Currently supported:

+ basic information such as artist, title, name, genre

+ progressbar and timers working

+ albumart -> folder.jpg and embedded albumart for MP3s

+ basic actions: play/pause, prev, next

+ volume

+ open/add file

+ changing position of the song thru trackbar

+ playlists

Not supported currently:

+ add coverart

Download

http://elektron.its.tudelft.nl/~verhoe99/AveTunes.aveinst

Nice work.

You seriously should think about releasing a shareware/payware stand-a-lone version of Avetunes

now that's a really good stuff there mate, better than weed !!! ;)

Not that I use WMP on regular basis, some of my friends would appreciate this as they are always drooling over AveTunes controllers. :)

So any other changes besides WMP support?

Great release Andreas, lots of people have been waiting for something like this.... cheers

MY DEARGOD>.....this is a christmas present for me.

Andreas you really finally are the god of all gods.

people say to donate, and donate i will!

If we use iTunes, does installing this do anything for us or is the functionality the same as AveTunes 3?

yes, i've tried it and the plugin supports wmp11 ;)

@ AndreasV: can i hide Wmp button on the taskbar when avetunes5 is loaded?

Bye :)

this is a great addition and i've waaited forever for it, but when i used it it with WMP11 it makes WMP which usually takes around 15MB of memory on my computer jump up to around 200MB and stops when i stop using Avetunes again :( :( :(

Andreas, is that skin (showing The Roots) included? I don't have that in my list. Care to give me a link? Thanks!

yeah,it's a great release,i almost urinated on myself with excitement when i saw it...lol....im having a problem with it thought,whenever i play music on wmp 11 only parts of the song info are shown on some songs...like the artist name,album,song and cover are shown...but on some,the song name is shown,but the cover art and the artists name are missing.maybe im the only one experiencing this,but if someone knows why,please give me a hand.

yeah,it's a great release,i almost urinated on myself with excitement when i saw it...lol....im having a problem with it thought,whenever i play music on wmp 11 only parts of the song info are shown on some songs...like the artist name,album,song and cover are shown...but on some,the song name is shown,but the cover art and the artists name are missing.maybe im the only one experiencing this,but if someone knows why,please give me a hand.

just a thought, but it might be that your id tags for the songs that don't display properly are not completely filled out.

I don't use Avetunes or WMP but that you much for the release. Wonderful work.

thas actually happening to me as well but i'm using WMP 11, where even tho i definately have all the ID3 tags (i have over 20,000 songs) sometimes they wont show up. i thi nk its the version, maybe it doesn't read ID3v1?? in addition to the fact that it slows WMP11 and makes it jump up to bout 300MB worth of mem usage. i think its just made for WMP 9 :(....maybe Uice needs update or something.

i can't figure out how to make it suppport WMP and Winamp. It just displays "itunes not loaded".

i have install first time AveDesk and the AveTunes with the WMP Plugin but how can i use it ?

i have registe AveDesk and the WMP Plugin but i can not select WMP.

i really love this release right but im having a few issues with it causing itunes to have an error (send error report comes up) when closing (causing the desklet to crash meaning i have to add it again it would just not change art for new songs after that) do you have any idea what might be causing this?...on its own multiplugin works fine so its not whats causing this mishap...im not sure what it is

thas actually happening to me as well but i'm using WMP 11, where even tho i definately have all the ID3 tags (i have over 20,000 songs) sometimes they wont show up. i thi nk its the version, maybe it doesn't read ID3v1?? in addition to the fact that it slows WMP11 and makes it jump up to bout 300MB worth of mem usage. i think its just made for WMP 9 :(....maybe Uice needs update or something.

Hey! Try this plug in to minimize wmp to system tray reduces memory. it work like a charm

http://www.wmplugins.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemID=940

Save mp3 tags with Mp3Tag Free, it write on all version of id3 in one click ;)

Hey! Try this plug in to minimize wmp to system tray reduces memory. it work like a charm

http://www.wmplugins.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemID=940

Tried it, works great ;)