Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Release] - Hamachi Status Checker

8 posts in this topic

Never used Hamachi? Visit www.hamachi.cc to see what it's all about. Hamachi creates a virtual LAN between computers over the internet. When you've got two computers connected through the Hamachi network, you can browse your Windows Shares, use Remote Desktop, and anything else that you would do on a LAN. It's all 256-bit encrypted, and you don't have to worry anymore about port forwarding!

Another feature of Hamachi is their Web Status Indicator. You can check the status of any Hamachi computer by visiting http://my.hamachi.cc/status/text.php?5.x.x.x.

This desklet checks the status of any computer with the Hamachi Web Status Indicator enabled. Just copy the contents to the /AveDesk/Desklets/AveScripter/ folder and set the Hamachi IP of the computer you want to check.

Script based on Andreas' Website Checker script. Graphics courtesy of Hamachi. :)

Edit - Script updated to add manual checking as well. Click on the name to force a check of the status.

HamachiStatus.zip

awesome thanks, but how do you check the state "on demand"?

@proenca - Whoops. I guess I removed that from the original script. I've attached a fixed version now where clicking the text forces a re-check of the status.

@dreadnaut - Thanks. You pointed me in the right direction to get this started though. ;)

Hate to bump such an old topic... but am I supposed to be seeing these errors from my error log?

-2147024891 msxml3.dll
Access is denied.
Line:47 Column:2
-------------------------------
-2147024891 msxml3.dll
Access is denied.
-2147024891 msxml3.dll
Access is denied.