Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lucida Grande Bold not recognized by my system

10 posts in this topic

This is weird. I reformatted my system earlier today, and set about Aquafying my system. WB5, Flyakite, yadda yadda. I downloaded Lucida Grande Bold from a thread on these forums, installed it, rebooted... and it's not showing up in the font list of any of my programs--Firefox, TClock, etc.

Does anyone know why programs aren't recognizing this font?

well a bug in windows requires the fonts folder to be opened after a font's installed (or refreshed if it's installed with the window open) so try opening the fonts folder.

Hm. Odd bug... anyway, I followed your suggestion, and it hasn't worked. Lucida Grande Bold still doesn't show up.

Try removing the Lucida Grande fonts and reinstall them one by one in this order:

Lucida Grande

Lucida Grande Bold

Lucida Grande Italic

Lucida Grande Bold Italic

Italic and Bold Italic? I think you're in possession of fonts I don't have. I've always had only plain old Lucida Grande and Lucida Grande Bold.

I'm starting to think I just have a bad font set... which means I'd like to ask you to post those four fonts.

I don't recall an italic and bold italic Lucida grande variant either. Anyways here are the Lucida Grande variants I use, and which seem to work fine (read: Recognised by firefox, photoshop, the lot..)

Alright... downloaded those fonts, installed Lucida Grande, rebooted, installed LG Bold, rebooted, opened the fonts folder... and Bold still isn't recognized by anything in my system.

Strange..1)did you try installing another true-type font? Maybe ur system somehow can't handle true-type fonts (which I doubt, since Lucida sans comes bundled with xp pro) and 2)try re-installing in safe-mode

My system handles truetype fonts fine--it recognizes Lucida Grande, just not LG Bold.

Tried your safe mode recommendation, and it didn't work.