Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OSX Tiger V Beta

236 votes

1. 1.

• Yes! I Prefer Shadow's and menu transparency with my WB skins
    • No! I prefer using Y'z Shadow(or alternatives) for my shadows and transparency

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

81 posts in this topic

@Slewed+CodF4ther - Theres no shadows yet vote if you would like them

@deviljin - In the final maybe

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D

I've noticed a few snags:

Apple Start Icon looks a bit squished, but only when the Start Menu isn't in use.

Like I said, if you use Lucida Grande, you'll see that the apple logo will not be squished :)

@mystikalfogz:

Okay, I'll mess about with the font choices. See, that's what happens when you don't read the thread fully...Thanks!

@dobee:

Cool, glad you knew about it. Thanks!

Nice skin, bu what programs are you using for your menu bar, and what skin?

Thanks,

~Wuzzie

@dialupboy - no spotlight version in final

@ all who've voted -

You've voted and shadows and transparency will now be included

:)

Thank You.

>>and an option for winflag in start menu instead of apple menu. That will be nice :)

FANTASTIC! I love the plus sign and the alpha blending and everything. Great great work.

Here's what I'd like to see in newer versions:

1. Toolbar icons and Animations, if possible

2. Right-hand side glyph option

3. A start menu with less straight-cut edges

4. Obviously, more polish (although it's already pretty darn polished!)

Can't wait for the final version, if you need any testers or whatever feel free to contact me.

If it isn't too much to ask, a windows startflag would be a thoughtful touch.

@ all who've voted -

You've voted and shadows and transparency will now be included

:)

Would there be an option to turn this off as well? I wouldn't mind using Y'z shadow or WB's native function but I'm just curious.

I've used Kol's theme for quite a while before this but don't think I'll be switching back anytime soon :P

embedded shadows work so much better than using a third party program- if anything, you could just add whatever program that uses the skin to the exclusion list in your shadowing program, so your taskbar/trillian/whatever still gets shadowed.

Point well placed shockme17, the performance of built in shadows has won me over quite some time ago... none of that tearing/tracers during window dragging... it simply feels integrated with the system. But YzShadow can still be used for the other stuff via the exclusion list as described above.

I think what people hope to get with this skin are shadows close to OSX in look and feel and YzShadow can be configured to people's subjective attempts at achieving such. So hopefully, if dobee adds shadows, it will look as good as his work's reputation and I predict not many will complain. Also, I've tried using YzShadow with a shadowed WB5 Skin and it works/looks fine and without problem. (With Kol's Vista Skin & YzShadow) I was a bit suprised myself.

Anyways, dobee please don't forget the update to xtc-royalevista WB5 skin... I'm damn-near smitten over that skin and would love to see you add shadows to that one as well. :)

Update Beta1.1

Fixed all mentioned bugs and added few requests

I've been busy so progress has been slow If I've missed any bugs let me know

Shadows will be added in next update, I just need accurate shadow settings for Photoshop

Woohoo, can't wait for this to be released!

One request though, when you make it, can you make it so that the fonts are not bold, because I for one have a a smoothed out version of Lucida Grande, and I use it with everything, so with having the font settings to bold makes the font look really ****ed up.

And I'm very happy to hear about the built-in shadows =]

you can set windowblinds to use your own custom fonts, if need be.

personally, i like the way the fonts look. and the new corners look great.

one question though.. doesn't the real tiger not have the rollup button?

Bit of a snag:

With beta 1.1, this is what happens to context (right click) menus:

contextmenublack5hc.th.jpg

The menus turn black, which tends to have negative effect on using windows.

This only happens while Yz Shadow is on. If off, the menus look fine, but then no shadows. :slant:

WinFX doesn't play nice with shadows.

The Control Panel (Catagory View) works great. :)

Maybe I was the only one, but I liked the colored system tray expander button better than the black one. :P

@kjohnson: I found that happens because transparent menus are included with this release. Turn off menu transparency in Y`z shadow and it should look fine.

@shockme17: I've tried setting the fonts but for some reason with this theme the titlebar fonts don't change.

So is there anyway to use a different font for the title bars? I've noticed with the big bold Lucida Grande, letters that hang low like "g" or "y" get cut off on the bottom.

@Qweedle Guy: Thanks. Turning off transparent menus on Y'z Shadow did the trick.

great work !!!! i tried it but it created some problem with me.

it worked fine for 2 or 3 hours but then the subshell changed back to subshell in window classic theme in the left side. then i faced the problem with every theme till i deleted it.

i hope you consider about my post and give me a solution so i can use your awesome skin.

i am using WB 5.01.

thanks anyways !!!!!!!!

@dobee: if the development of the theme is still open to suggestions, can I mention a few cosmetic flaws? This is what I'm talking about:

tiger5fx9.th.jpg

I think it has to do with the font scaling or the button scaling, but I'm not sure. Is it possible to be fixed for the release? Cuz I really like the overall quality of this theme. I have the default font size in windows already set to normal, the font I'm using is Lucida grande, unmodded.

Setup:

XP Sp2, W-blinds 5.01, OSx tiger beta, OB 1.65

Looks good. It's that... that the start menu is off with the shadows. Also, when trying to reach the control panel with your skin, I get a Parse error.

Any news on this? I really love the theme and would love to see a finalized version.

Seems like dobbee is very busy this time.The only thing we can do right now is whaiting for him until he is taking himself some time to finally complete this.That's the only solution in my mind right now.

Crucius