Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thunderbird 1.5 to OS X Apple Mail

65 posts in this topic

hey j2227, great tutorial, great work!! I only updated my "tiger_mail-2.0-tb.jar" and installed the very useful "date-extension", because i had most of the Features before... ;)

I think the people will love this tutoriaI! :D

Now my Apple Mail is perfect!

EDIT:

@matthew:

I have no Problem with WindowFX and my Borderless Skin! Which Version of Wb and WindowsFX do you use?

Excellent work, thank you. Had to reformat the old computer and now I don't have to spend the time finding the pieces to put this together myself again!

2 Things

The icons which show in my folder tree seem really small, how come they aren't large and pretty like yours? :)

Also can't seem to get "Local Folders" to go away.

Inbox, Unsent, etc show as pieces under the root, and don't display as advertised. Which files am I renaming? Does it depend on how mail is setup, if its for the account of if its all global?

Asmo

Hmm...Asmodean, are you using my modded package (the file at the beginning of the theme) or the original theme by toyo-snow? I know that with my package it has big icons, so I'm just asking about that.

and what about removing "Local Folders"? he's asking for! well i'm interessted, too. ;)

local folders is hidden in the modded package also. However, you must rename your local folders to a space (" " without quotes)

I'm kinda curious how you guys got purple smart folders. I didn't even know about that.

I'm kinda curious how you guys got purple smart folders. I didn't even know about that.

then it's Time to change that... ;)

Go to: Menu -> File -> New -> saved Search and set the parameters for this Folder... very easy!

how to change the icon of compact menu?

it now looks like the search bar

Which files, in specific, hide local folders?

I have done some personal mods (i.e. iChat Smileys, ect), and I don't want to lose them by writing over them with the whole package.

It's mailwindow1.css. You wait for so long to ask, i'm not as devoted to this right now as i have been :).

@bzbricks, to change the compact menu...go to the extensions(find which one has compact menu)open up the .jar file, and change the icon. Pretty easy, I suppose. Don't quote me on this word for word though. Just backup just in case.

Huh, what do you mean what's that kind of bar? It's horizontal, sorta platinum, and has the text "Name" inside. Does that answer your question? :P And I don't think that's suppose to go there.

Do you mean why is it in your folders pane?

I saw something like that in either the view options, or preferences, sorry I can't help more then that.

This is a great skin, but how do I shift my email address down so it isn't on the same level as my menu buttons?

post-28288-1147034927_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I've got the same problem like deviljin. What can I do? I have Thunderbird 1.5.0.2 fresh installed.

Can you help me?

Hello,

I'm quite new to this OSX-Emulation thingy, I followed the instructions of this tutorial but for some reason the icons in the LEFT bar (sent objects etc.) are way too small, how can I make them larger? How can I get them to the size as on the picture included on the very firt post here in this thread?

Plz help this beginner :)

Thanx

Hello,

I'm quite new to this OSX-Emulation thingy, I followed the instructions of this tutorial but for some reason the icons in the LEFT bar (sent objects etc.) are way too small, how can I make them larger? How can I get them to the size as on the picture included on the very firt post here in this thread?

Plz help this beginner :)

Thanx

*bump* anybody? :/

the download link isnt working for me can anyone help me out much appreciated

weird, the link is still working for me