Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nubs 0.9.0.0

86 posts in this topic

I got home from work today and something just didnt settle well with me. I suppose I'm just not comfortable with compiling the installer and labeling this thing 1.0 without a few people running it through the grinder some more.

This build primarily addresses a few bugs reported in this thread http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=32597 . I also added a tray menu option for making the Nubs float as normal windows for gamers who were reporting that the Nubs were interfering with their games.

Again, this is a debug build meaning that it's a little bigger and uses a little more resources. Please give this a go and report what you find.

Notes..

• For those of you unfamiliar with Nubs and how to use it, please view this video (courtesy StickyWindows) http://www.donelleschi.com/stickywindows/. This video is pretty much how Nubs works.
  • Nubs REQUIRES the .NET 2.0 Framework. Go here if you dont have it already. No, you can not use a beta version of 2.0 with this.
  • This beta expires (will cease to run) on May 1st, 2006. (yes, I've fixed the expiry date ;))

Errors you may find..

• I'm not interested in reports on how you *think* the app should work. We've been testing this for quite some time and have all that worked out. (Sorry to be blunt)
  • If you get a .NET exception (very important!); use http://rafb.net/paste to paste all of the information that the error dialog gives you. Once you submit the paste on that site, please record the URL in your address bar. That will allow me to view your paste. That's the only way I'll be able to effectively fix any exceptions you may get. Please reply to this post, or PM me, with the link back to your pasted exception text (from rafb.net/paste).
  • '(Something) doesnt work' - doesnt help anyone at all. Please dont reply in this fashion. You'll force me to lose hair at a faster rate.

That should cover it all. Happy testing.

Oh and one final thing...

READ THE README OR PERISH IN A PIT OF DESPAIR.

Rapid Share Download Link http://rapidshare.de/files/17299883/Nubs0900.zip.html

I can't see the attachment for some reason, can someone verify if it actually uploaded? It should be Nubs0900.zip. If not then there is something amiss with the uploading again - and I would really appreciate if someone could reccomend a free service for uploading files. It's about 800kb in size.

Nope, can't see the attachment :( thanks fot the app though!

No, can't see the attachment either. Perhaps you've hit your storage limit if the other versions are still attached to their respective threads as well?

there's the usual sites: rapidshare.de, megaupload.com, some others i can't think of right now...

Thanks fellas, and shmengie (great avatar btw) - Please find the rapidshare link at the bottom of the first post.

Just what I've always wanted! How did you know? :D

hey, u want an ftp acount thru my site? i hate rapidshare, megaupload, etc.

great proggy!

andrew: my pleasure. (yeah, great movie!)

dpsleep: yeah, we all hate rapid and mega. but, whatcha gonna do? they're free!

This was just so I could make sure that the build was pretty solid guys. I'll be hosting it on shellscape.org in a few days with an installer if all turns out well.

thanks for the update, it's wonderfull so far ^^

hi andrew. first: great job! i can definitely see using this as a part of my daily desktop diet. now, my bug...

so, i drag firefox (ff) to the right edge of the screen and get a nub for it. i then click the nub and ff reappears, but half-off the right edge, so i drag it to center. as soon as i release the title bar, it mini's back to nub.

wxp sp2, ff 1.5.0.1, nubs 0.9.0.0, intel 82945g video.

Hrm. Been playing with that for a good while now and cant seem to duplicate it. Mebbe restart Nubs and give it a kick? Or open a new instance of ff ? Kind of at a loss about this one.

crap, i forgot an important thing: after i've dragged ff to the center and it mini's on it's own, if i restore ff, then close the nub, it re-mini's to a new nub on the bottom that i didn't create. does that help any? was it a long enough sentence?

btw, restarting both didn't help.

Well you have me baffled. Is this something that only happens with ff, and are you running any other window modification apps? I'll continue to try and duplicate this, but I havent had any luck yet.

yes...only ff. only system mod is flyakite, granted that's a pretty big one. also, aside from flyakite, this is a totally clean, new out-of-the-box dell. ya know, this is my work pc. lemme see what happens at home...

Hi, First thanks for the great app!

Second, here's my bug/questions....

1) I Nub Firefox.

All is fine.

I repeatedly (for fun) click the Nub button to make the Firefox window appear and reappear.

After about 10 or so clicks Firefox resizes to an insanely small window which i then need to resize. (see pic).

ffwin3by.png

Not sure if anyone can replicate this, but Im using FF1.501, +Windowblinds 5

2) When I first Nub a window, then click the Nub to reopen it, the window appears in the top right of the screen.

Is this the desired behaviour...?

It's a bit annoying to find the window has moved up there. However once the window has been repositoned, nubbing and un-nubbing works fine, the window stays in the same position.

3) *ignore*Is there only one theme in this build?*ignore* *EDIT* Off to the pit of despair I go!

Sorry if these questions have been answered in previous threads, first time trying this program, although been following the developments so far, so thought must try this!

Zaft, I couldn't replicate it, And I've been hitting the FF nubs for about 40 times...but then again I don't have Windowblinds here. you might want to disable it and try.

2)nope, it opens them at the right position, except FF wich always sets it in the left corner -_-' :P

okay andrew...just got home and it works fine on my home pc, which is weird cuz my home pc is modded like crazy and i got a boatload of software installed and i monkey with this pc every day. so, my educated guess is that it's the drivers for the intel graphics on my work pc that is (are?) the culprit. in any event, thx again for the prog, working great...

so, i drag firefox (ff) to the right edge of the screen and get a nub for it. i then click the nub and ff reappears, but half-off the right edge, so i drag it to center. as soon as i release the title bar, it mini's back to nub.

I can see this happening but it corrects itself. When a tabbed firefox window is clicked to reappear it first appears half-on/half-off the screen it was dragged to but then moves to the position it originally was. Perhaps it's hanging for some reason for you in between those two actions?

Decent release Andrew. Kudos to you and all your hard work. I still think the tab should update itself to reflect the current window title and shadows should be program-driven instead of theme driven...other than that it's quality work.

I can see this happening but it corrects itself. When a tabbed firefox window is click to reappear it first appears half-on/half-off the screen it was dragged too but then moves to the position it originally was. Perhaps it's hanging for some reason for you in between those two actions?

definitely a possibility. i'll check that out, thx!

I posted this little problem of dragging on and snapping back on with the last release, I think it slipped under Andrews radar.

I found that it happened with explorer too, but I put it down to me running WB. I've not tried this release yet after I've taken Wb off my PC.

The strange thing is it didn't do it all the time maybe 6 out of 10 times.