Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firefox Skinning Guide

334 posts in this topic

The two font change codes that I have been looking for forever are the main menu (file, edit, etc.) and the bottom bar (that says "Done" when a page is loaded and has some extension icons)

Do you know them? Thanks in advance :)

yeah its that one, hold on lemme try it out first.

EDIT nope that one didnt work either.

I attached my userchrome with all my text edits.. just edit them with your font and size.. It skins probably every part that has text in them

Just copy and paste//edit.

userchrometextedits.txt

awsome blaze thanks for your help.

EDIT crap the drop down menus didnt work.

Thanks blaze, however my main menu and status bar fonts still won't chage :(

Thanks blaze, however my main menu and status bar fonts still won't chage :(

Have you tried compact menu?

For Status bar:

#status-bar,

#bookmark-window statusbar {

font-family: Swis721 Cn BT D-Type !important;

font-weight: normal !important;

font-size: 8pt !important;

}

Yes, I am using compact menu, but the fonts won't change for it.

The Status bar code won't work. When I say Status bar, I mean the bar at the very bottom that says Done, etc and the extension icons. I assume that is the Status bar

This is the code for the compact menu fonts..

popup, menu, menuitem {

font-family: HandelMod !important;

font-size: 9pt !important;

text-align: left !important;

}

That is the code.. and maybe you do not have the fonts correctly installed in your fonts folder, so change the name of the fonts

i.e.

font-family: Arial !important;

Statusbar code is that one, I am 100% sure of that

#status-bar,

#bookmark-window statusbar {

font-family: Tahoma !important;

font-weight: normal !important;

font-size: 8pt !important;

}

Try that code and see if it changes..

I wish I could say it worked, but it didn't... I changed the fonts, even though I have HandelMod installed, and triple checked I put in the code right but still plain old ugly Status bar and Compact Menu fonts. I successfully changed all my other fonts, though. It's just the Status bar and Compact Menu that are the problem. I wonder if it works for you becuase of the skin you're using. The one I'm trying the codes with is Kavin's Samui Firefox skin, which makes all the fonts ugly Arial or something (which is why I'm trying to get these font codes). Thanks for the help, though. The ugly status bar font is annoying the heck out of me :(

yeah same here, i was using kavins synergy theme also samui and gmetal and its all the same. the fonts change in some areas and it dosnt change in others. i guess its only with kavins themes, im using lie .jar right now and everythings fine, all the text shows up the way i want it.

Yes, you are correct, I am getting the Arial font for my compact menu and status bar for the Samui firefox theme.. Though I do not know the solution, I am assuming it can be fixed in the .jar file..

Yep, thats what I was thinking... I wonder what he did to the code to make it that way.

yeah same here, i was using kavins synergy theme also samui and gmetal and its all the same. the fonts change in some areas and it dosnt change in others. i guess its only with kavins themes, im using lie .jar right now and everythings fine, all the text shows up the way i want it.

I do not have any font problems with synergy, at all, but I'll try gmetal right now.. I'll tell kavin ;)

Edit: Yeah.. font problems with gmetal.

thanks, kavins themes are great just that the fonts are killing me :P

NEW-okay i just added a few more codes into my firefox, i got rid of the line or seperator and also the icons on my tabs. if i click on a tab, the tab before it would "sink" or go lower, and its only the tab before it, i dont know how else i could explain it. im sure i can fix this in tabmixplus options but i dont know what to do exactly. can anybody help me out with this one?

EDIT2-i dont want to bother you guys with this small problem, but its just bothering me for no reason. i put in the code for removing the icons on your tabs, thats when this minor "sinking" of the tab problem occured, after i removed the code again it was fine. is there another code similar to the one zero gave us that will remove the icons on the tabs?

hi- im just wondering how come vkeios bee3 theme uses the vs scrollbars? can i type something on my userchrome to enable such function on all themes?

hi- im just wondering how come vkeios bee3 theme uses the vs scrollbars? can i type something on my userchrome to enable such function on all themes?

Its because, I used the scrollbar css from the default firefox theme.

With a few small changes, so Pete Ross' scrollbars would look normal with it.

Steps to do the same.

1. Get my theme (to be mentained as theme A)

2. Open Theme A. (rename and unzip, or open with winrar)

3. Navigate to global/

4. Copy scrollbars.css

5. Do the Same first 3 steps to the theme you want to modify (to be mentained as "theme B")

6. Replace theme B's scrollbar.css with Theme A's scrollbar.css.

7. The end.

Does anyone know how to enable the separator on zerroeffect's Eternal Aqua theme?

Uhh.. Right click, Customize, and drag?

Heh, not that separator! The line that stretches across the window between the url bar and the bookmark toolbar. Somehow, zerroeffect got rid of it and I don't know how to get it to show up.

Hmm, another wonder of mine. On Zerro's EternalAqua mod for 1.5, why isn't there the Apple sign for the compact menu? Can anyone provide a fix (such as a CSS code with the image) so I can see my menu button? Thanks. :)