Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firefox Skinning Guide

334 posts in this topic

well ive tried that but im the icons are still there: here's a screenshot...

desktop3ek.jpg

the code you want to add to your userchrome is:

/* Hide "text" or "icon" in Bookmarks Toolbar */

#personal-bookmarks .toolbarbutton-icon {display : none !important;}

One good idea is to google the 'stylish' extension, because it allows .css changes to be toggled on and off, and is, in my opinion better than chome edit because it apples the changes on the fly.

Thanks for that link to "stylish". It just seem awesome. I can't wait to make over AS in a darker style (if I can figure out how to do it) :)

Thanks for the fix, savouryspacemonkey. I tried Stylish before. Have they made the option to remove that horrible icon from the statusbar yet?

Sorry im new to this stuff but i dont no how to access my Userchrome.css :( can someone please tell me how?

It was mentioned above and in the guide - two ways

Stylish (easily edit the UserChrome files and apply changes on the fly)

hi guys- thanks for the great support and tips that you've been giving- well another question- um how do you adjust the height of the toolbar?- i wanna make them thinner- nearer to the close, minimize and restore button :)

desktop6al.jpg

Edit- its ok now- i jz had to move the buttons away from the navigation bar- silly me

i was always lazy in macnifying/safari-izng my ff...but tht's.... just excellent stuff... i revamp my ff... hmm now it eats lil' bit more momoyr ~ 40-60mb when offline/light browsing and around 120-140mb when heavy browsing... [yeah may be due to 12-13 active extensions]...ut tht'as okay on my 1GB... then i reshacked firefox.exe and changed the icons also... bit looks 'n feel sweeter than ever... :D

This is how it looks now...

clipboard018ky.th.jpg

Shekhar where did you get that A_S skin? Is that a css file for FF?

smoovie: Its built into the site! =P

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and in the very bottom right corner there is a skin chooser, where you can select either the default Aqua or the alternate Graphite skins.

I didn't know that was implemented on the new layout yet. Thanks. :)

Change Font for your tab (Edit the font and size to your likings)

tab {

font-family: "Segoe UI" !important;

font-size: 10px !important;

font-weight: regular !important;

}

Change the Font for your bookmarks " "

.bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text {

font-family: "Segoe UI" !important;

font-weight: bold !important;

font-size: 11px !important;

}

I dont think this was said.. Change the size of your searchbar

#search-container, #searchbar {

-moz-box-flex: 200 !important;

-max-width: none !important;

}

So why don't ya install another theme?? Or it hapens everytime, in all ur themes??

no, some themes i've tried do have the falling tabs. i'd like to see them in my current theme.

hi i've been looking all over the net for this kind of progress bar the one that safire milk and graphite uses on firefox download manager, the one with blue and white stripes animation. I'm using fission and i already done this before but i reformated my drive and now i can't seem to find the code for this (to be added in userchrome) maybe somebody has it? ty in advance.

i really like the fission progressbar found in mr.zeroeffect's eternal aqua and eternal aqua graphite skins. is it possible for me to use the same progressbar in the other skins like niqu, truth and lie ?

with the help of mr. zeroeffect's tips, i could only change the color of the progressbar but that isnt similar to the one in eternal aqua :(. does the EA skin use an image instead of color ?

Edit :

Never mind, i found it :D

Its discussed here - http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=33539

is there a way to have NO icons in your tab, such as when I visit aqua-soft, I won't be able to see the circly thinggy

Adding "google" to your searchbar

1. Make a copy of the theme that you are currently using.

2. Open the theme with winrar.

3. Open the browser folder and find the searchbar.css

4. Find the section called ".searchbar-engine-image"

5. Edit the width to your personal preference. I used 65px because that was the width of the gif. Save it and there should a message that says " Do you wish to update the archive?". Click yes, this means that it is going to save directly into the theme.

6. Then, go into your c:programfilesmozillafirefoxsearchplugins and paste the google gif. If the new google gif doesn't overwrite the original, move or delete it from the folder.

7. Install the theme and there you go!

googlesearchbar8wy.png

There is only one downside, the image does not go away when you click the search area, and the text begins after the image. But I personally don't use that searchbar, so if you want it to look good, then this is for you. :o

post-43440-1144899257.gif

Xyb: Thank you so much for this write up... and it was a simple mod to do.. I'm luvin it. :)

I need some help. I have the Tiger Safari for windowsblinds graphite theme applied to me Firefox using Safire 1.09 but the scrollbar and buttons stay like aqua but the close, minimize, and maximize buttons are graphite how come?