Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any Designers?

31 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many people here consider themselves designers?

What do you do? Vector, web, 3d?

How long have you been doing it?

And what programs do you use?

I'll start.

I'm Brian, and I've been designing for around a 5months. I try to explore many different types of media, includeing vector, vexel, 3d, abstract, automotive, concept, scetch (on my 30buck tablet. :)) And I've worked with various webdesign firms, doing local, and international webdesign. I've stayed away from flash, but am looking to get into it in the future.

Programs

Photoshop CS2

Illustrator

ImageReady

Dreamweaver

Milkshape

Cinema

Paint ( for those special task)

Hopefully I got my thread in the rights section.. I've been making unbe job rather hard lately. lol. Since most of the photoshop discussion goes on in here I figure this is the place to put it.

Alias: Paralex

Designing for: 4 years

Fav. Type of Design: Pro style (Web Design), Vector-like images, Icons.

Tools of the Trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, Alixis Iconworkshop

I have never designed anything in my life. I guess that doesnt make me a designer! Darn the luck.

// Lou

I have never designed anything in my life. I guess that doesnt make me a designer! Darn the luck.

// Lou

Gee whiz Batman! :P

Theres too many designers and not enough artists these days if you ask me!

Theres too many designers and not enough artists these days if you ask me!

Amen my funny dog with a comb-over brother! :P

These days everyone's a designer, yet very few are true artists. (for proof check out Wallpeper releases and compare (in this case) Tricky's walls to the ton of others)

freelancing, all print design....magazines, postcards, posters, brochures, etc etc...for 5 years now and YES I was trained at an art school..drawing, painting sculpting, design.....and my baby.....photography

I really really suck at art, but am decent at design, particularly at print media. I've done web and print design for 2 years. I'm better at making pretty letterheads and newspapers than my web work which is mostly template driven.

My favorite programs are Textmate, Word, Photoshop, and InDesign. I use Photoshop, Icon Composer, and Pixadex for iconbuilding.

freelancing, all print design....magazines, postcards, posters, brochures, etc etc...for 5 years now and YES I was trained at an art school..drawing, painting sculpting, design.....and my baby.....photography

I wasn't having a dig at anyone - as I am a designer by trade myself. It just seems that anyone with a cracked version of Photoshop and a website they did for thier mum is a designer these days.

LOL... replace mum with bio teacher and that's me! :D

oh wait...

I wasn't having a dig at anyone - as I am a designer by trade myself. It just seems that anyone with a cracked version of Photoshop and a website they did for thier mum is a designer these days.

Don't forget GIMP. How did someone put it God I Miss Photoshop!:P

I'm a realist. Not going to make any real money (without further training/skill development) but, like to learn from others hear. Was often complemented on my graphic design capabilities at all levels of school but, steered towards business administration. The tragedy of eighties greed.

oh, i wasn't suggesting that you were. I was more agreeing with you. :-)

Name: Robert

Work: Flash, vector, but mainly play with photo to add effects, collages, etc.

I've beeen doing this for 5 years already, my first version of photoshop was cracked :P, but now I own the thing. And agreeing with some of you, Im not an artist, im just some guy that owns a computer with photoshop on it and likes to play around

Programs:

Photoshop CS2

Illustrator CS

Flash

Dreamweaver

Paint

Picassa 2

Well... i shall be studying architecture.... does that make me a designer? Of sorts perhaps. I was going into automotive design but then decided against it... i looked at fashion design as well and have lots of folio work for both.... i do a lot of sketching.....and 3D work..... and i find branding very interesting....but architecture has the most reliable career path :)

@Tricky & Photo678: what about me? :P I have no *real* arts training. I mean I went to a graphics design thing school but when I realised that I was helping out the teacher in Photoshop I quit. Unfortunately there are no decent art schools in Poland >.<

Am I a designer or not? From what I've been doing for almost 4 years I think that I can answer - yes. Am I an artist? Low self-esteem and respect to the great ones won't let me call myself that for a long time. Maybe in 15-20 years, when I will have my position established I will be able to say that I am an artist.

Name: Alex

I live in New Zealand which is located at the rear end of the world

and i am trying hard to become a designer of some sort (On the computer

of cource) and i have almost all the programs i need to get started after endlessly

nagging my parents.

I have Adobe Photoshop CS2, Adobe Illustrator CS2, Adobe InDesign CS2, Adobe GoLive CS2, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro, SketchUp 5 Pro and a few other minor programs. I have a Microsoft computer which sucks because its keeps crashing and freezing that why I hate windows and I would prefer a Mac Book Pro because its the best!

Mark:

Designer, animator, software developer, illustrator - both traditional and digital.

For more years I can remember. First computer apps designed in 1983 (software) and first CG animation 1984 and first CG short film in Dec 1985.

Avatar is traditional illustration

I never designed anything. Just like 34098MB of graphics. bah.

Hi

I am Designer & Business Head for The Web Design Company www.webdesigningcompany.net, It’s a web designing company. It deals in web site design, website redesign, flash, 3D animation, logos, Banner Adds etc.

Thanks

I am on graphics design over 4 years. Done some print designs, logo designing stuffs, Recently (about 2/3 months) I've started to work as a web developer (PHP/XHTML/CSS/Javascript) and really enjoying it. But I am more interested in software development though.

Programs:

Photoshop CS2

Illustrator CS2

Dreamweaver

Inkscape

Corel suit

Flash

blah blah :)

I could be...

Name: Joseph

Tools: Photoshop CS2

i've been designing for about 6 months, and I make mostly Rainlendar skins, cause I can figure out the code. I've made a nice logo for my blog, though (http://technigma.wordpress.com).

Finished Graphics and Arts School 10 years before,

first 4 years: PRINT: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Indesign

after that 3 years first contact with MOTION DESIGN: After Effects, Cinema 4D

now: only MOTION DESIGN & 3D: 3DS MAX, Combustion, After Effects, Fusion and lots of other tools and yes i still need to use Photoshop and Illustrator a lot ;-)