Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AveDesk 1.3 Bug report thread

193 posts in this topic

Drive Pdlshortcut label is getting reseted each time i restart windows, for example i give the shortcut a label of "Mac", this label gets reset to the original drive name when i restart windows, how can i fix that ? thanks :)

That's not a bug Lenix i think, make sure you uncheck under the pidlshortcut desklet properties>Label Format>"Automatically Set the mainlabel to the name of the file the desklet points to"

See if that works ;)

This bug is something very strange for me.

Bug description: When Windows start up Avedesk 1.3 fails to load its theme.. No desklets are shown, and even if i try to load the theme manually it doesn't work.

I tried reinstalling the program but the bug represents after a while.

I tried not to install other desklets and using only pidl shortcut (my computer, various folders and hd, recycle bin).. but again it doesn't seem to work.

Items involved: PIDL shortcut, loading of themes

Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2

DirectX version: 9.0c

System specs: Amd Athlon 64 3000+, 1024mb ram

Graphics card & drivers version: Nvidia GeForce 6800LE, Forceware 81.85

Desklets running: PIDL (my pc, documents, various folders, hd and recycle bin)

Steps to reproduce:

Just trying to load the theme of avedesk at windows startup..

Thank you for your help!

I just downloaded avedesk 1.3 from osx-e.com and extracted it a location. Now with avedesk installed and registered, I was looking around the interface and found it quite complex. But then i noticed the Unbeliever Tutorial for Avedesk 1.3 on the desktop; but when i click on it, it opens the internet explorer with just the title of the tutorial written on the page, and nothing else, nothing! the page has stopped loading, and im still waiting for some real tutorial to show up, but cant get any. I tracked the file and found that it was the only file (.html) present in the tutorials folder. And now when Im searching this forum, all that I get is a tutorial for AveDesk 1.2. Is there a new tutorial? or is it a bug or some other problem in the software itself? or is unbeliever not joing his job properly? Im totally new to Avedesk and the entire concept of widgets themselves. pls help.

Bug description: AveDesk 1.3 exits suddenly

Items involved: ?

Windows Version: Windows XP Home SP2

System specs:Pentium M 1.73GHz, 1GB of DDR RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML

Desklets running: Notes, Avescriptor(Calendar, calculator, wireless, D-weather, winampSample, anotherClock, Battery, Digital Clock)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Sit and wait

S

1st:

I'm using PidlShortcut desklet for the folder shortcut but i can't manage to make it showing "Total Number of Directories" and "Total Number of Files" it shows nothing or number that isn't correct than I post %s, %n, %t, %f etc.. ?! ( if the path is for Drive folder it show s "Total Size" and "Total Free Size" )

2nd:

In Properties of Desklet, in Shorcut Tab, the Path Browse button doesn't work I type manually the path and a question about syntax here too, i write file:///Drive:/Folder and it works but Drive:/Folder don't is this only at my side or it should work only like this file:///Drive:/Folder ?

3rd:

How to change the language of Avedesk ?

Huh ? Somebody :(

Bug description: Systats clock won't stay on top.

Items involved: Systats

Windows Version: XP SP2

System specs: Athlon XP3200+ [2.2Ghz], 2GB RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: 128MB Radeon 9600 Pro VIVO, Cat 5.13, Hydravision 3.25.0006.

Desklets running:

Notes [desktop icon]

Pidl - My Computer [desktop icon]

Pidl - Recycle Bin [desktop icon]

Systats - Judge's Scrolling Weather [desktop Icon]

Systats - Alien's digital clock [started off with Judge's 1, then modified/reworked it, including pinching a PNG from Judge's aero weather & cropping, reshaping, etc as necessary :)] [always on top]

I forgot 1:

Systats - Judge's LAN Traffic [desktop icon]

Also, if anyone's curious, there's a screenshot here. Screenshot was made for a different forum for a different purpose, but shows my version of the digital clock.

Steps to reproduce: Set clock to be always on top, get on with doing other normal computer stuff & at some [apparently] random point in time it ceases to be on top. To get it back I have to go into it's Desklet Properties from Avedesk control panel, set to anything other than Always on top, apply, set back to Always on top, & apply again.

Special notes: Don't know if it's relevant, but I have a dual monitor setup & the clock [and all other Avedesk stuff] are running on secondary monitor.

Bug description: When i move any desklet ONLY in the UP LEFT CORNER i dont have any picture in pinnacle but i can hear the sound.

Items involved: all desklets

Windows Version: WinXP Pro sp2

DirectX version: 9

System specs: P4 3.2Ghz, 512MB DDR, WD 80GB SATA, TV Tuner Pinnacle PCTV

Graphics card & drivers version: GeForce 6600 256MB v8.1.9.5

Desklets running: pidishortcuts my computer, recycle bin, automounter, default wheather, evo corner weekday

Steps to reproduce:

Special notes: In the others corners of the screen the PCTV works fine

Bug description: SysStats docklets that require hardware meters (like network controls, CPU, etc.) will get corrupted as soon as you edit the meters for your own machine.

Items involved: SysStats docklets with Hardware meters

System specs:AMD 2600+, 1 gb of DDR RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: nVidia 6600 AGP with 128 mb RAM, Latest Official Drivers.

Desklets running: Gmail, 2 HD icons, DTP and network and CPU usage docklets of SysStats.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a SysStats Network meter.

2. Edit the meters in the docklet (the ones with hardware tabs.)

3. Click OK and close the SysStats configuration window.

4. Check the ini file of the docklet. You will see that it is corrupted after [meter] part.

Special notes: I am sure this is about the meters configuration because I can play with ANY other setting in SysStats configuration and save. Nothing gets corrupted. But if I edit the meters, they will work as far as I leave the AveDesk open. But as soon as I close and restart AveDesk, the blue question mark appears instead of the docklet (because ini file is cleared of anything after [meters] part as soon as you click OK, so overlay and graphics settings are gone). I have a clean install of XP and am sure that no virus, trojan, spyware is in my computer (Formatted, installed XP and started configuring my desktop). I hope you manage to find the problem. Good luck!

The same bug here. Is there any solution for that? I can't use any hardware meters with AveDesk :(

Bug description: Pidlshortcuts don't update free space stat regularly.

DirectX version: 9c

System specs: P4 3.2Ghz, 1024MB DDR, WD 100GB, LaCie 300GB,

Graphics card & drivers version: Mobility Radeon 9700

Desklets running: pidishortcuts, recycle bin

Steps to reproduce: n/a, happens very regularly

Special notes: happens very regularly - the shortcut will display an outdated free space stat when I have deleted or moved files. Happens on both external and internal drives. Seems Avedesk doesn't refresh the pidlshortcut stats enough? Didn't happen on previous 1.2 version.

Bug description: anyone answers these questions ??????

Items involved:

DirectX version: 9

System specs: P4 3.2Ghz, 512MB DDR, WD 80GB SATA, TV Tuner Pinnacle PCTV

Graphics card & drivers version: GeForce 6600 256MB v8.1.9.5

Desklets running: pidishortcuts my computer, recycle bin, automounter, default wheather, evo corner weekday

Steps to reproduce: ?????????

@Nessus:

Problem: Hardware 'magic pink' overlays can't appear where layered windows do.

Solution: Use another player, e.g. Mplayer with -vo gl2 or don't use AveDesk in conjunction with Pinnacle.

Problem: "The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "read"" Even after uninstalling/reinstalling Avedesk 3 times, this error shows up.

Items involved: Any theme. 6 Pidlshortcuts, AeroWeather, AeroLaptop, CurvedbarMOD.

Hardware: PM 1.86ghz, 1g DDR2 RAM, 100g HD

Graphics: nVidia 6200go 128 w/ 128 hypermem

Windows/DX: XP Professional SP2, DX 9.0c

This is a bad one.

Move your current themes and start anew, e.g. by typing move %APPDATA%AveDesk %APPDATA%AveDesk.backup in a command console.

If the crash occurs while you try to add any desklet, you'll need to find out which desklet is crashing. Again, move the old installs out of the way, e.g. by typing move %PROGRAMF%AveDeskDesklets %PROGRAMF%AveDeskDesklets.backup. Repeat with Docklets instead of Desklets. Then move them one by one back again.

If you have your crash only when adding a specific desklet, you'll need to investigate why it crashes. a) Desklet is incompatible B) Desklet installation is broken.

If you have my Scriptable Multimeter v 0.3 installed, remove it. It doesn't behave well with 1.3. (a)

Check your SysStats install. Make sure you have installed as Judge says. The SysStatsCOM.dll has to be in

the ProgramsAveDesk folder and registered. (B)

If all fails, provide us a crash backtrace. Instructions are here on the board somewhere. Search for DrWtsn32.

hth,

herd

Bug description: Right clicking on a PIDL shortcut displays the right-click menu on the primary display.

Items involved: PIDL shortcut only.

System specs: AMD64 2.250ghz, 1Gb of DDR RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: NVIDIA GeForce 6800, ForceWare 81.98

Desklets running: PIDL, StickyNotes, AveScripter

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a PIDL shortcut

2. Set right hand display to primary display.

3. Move PIDL shortcut to left hand display

4. Right-click PIDL shortcut.

5. The right-click menu will now display on the far right of the primary display.

Special notes: I am guessing it is to do with the fact that anything on the left hand display has negative x coordinate values and that is not being taken into account when positioning the right-click menu. This is only the case with PIDL shortcuts StickyNotes and AveScripoter all behave correctly.

Attached screenshot please replace dots with actual dots, I cannot post a link until I pass the 15 post barrier :( .

www.cafenet.demon.co.uk/new%20desktop%203.jpg (Link fixed. -NC)

RSS Reader?

Are you talking about AveScripter? And if so, have you tried the "Beta" version I added WideChar support

to pcm :

yep, it is in Avescripter.

Beta Version ? Havent heard that , i'll search and try it

if it still has problem

i'll post again

Thank you ..

I can not Find the beta version

wld u give me a direct link?

thx

@Nessus:

Problem: Hardware 'magic pink' overlays can't appear where layered windows do.

Solution: Use another player, e.g. Mplayer with -vo gl2 or don't use AveDesk in conjunction with Pinnacle.

thanks herd

i will stay with pinnacle TV software (is the best !!!) and close avedesk when i use it

thanks pcm

problem has been fixed !

It dues to that my language settings was not set properly before.

Maybe it's not AVE's bug ,It's M$'

^^

Bug description: Avedesk crashes when I press the key for the Shocase

Items involved:Avedesk, Alpha Blended themes for WB5, Dual Display Setup

Windows Version: XP SP2

System specs: Intel P4 @ 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, dual display.

Graphics card & drivers version: Latest version of drivers with an nVidia Ti4400, 128MB

Desklets running:

3 Pidl Shortcuts

Steps to reproduce: Buy windowblinds, apply VistaXP theme (banned theme of -Kol) and try to show the showcase. Avedesk crashes. Everything goes back to normal with another theme.

Btw... Avedesk is running on both displays.