Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AveDesk 1.3

274 posts in this topic

automounter aveinst file doesn't install for me, had to do it manually

Try to update MSXML (just use this phrase on google) :)

Strange, maybe get an ATI cause that seems to work without probs :P

Well the strange thing is that the "suck"-effect worked perfectly with the demo. Oh well, guess it wont kill me :)

Wait, I just remember what I changed from the demo to the release, some pesky little flag:

hRes = directDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ANTIALIASEDLINEENABLE, TRUE);

Might be that nvidia doesn't like that, phat-liz0rd, can you contact me thru PM/MSN?

I don't see the problem.

I have an nVidia Geforce 5700FX and it works perfectly.

anibalin: actually "My Computer" doesn't have any free space. Individual drives have.

Try a thought experiment: what would be the free space of 'my computer'? the free space on all drives? But what if you are on a network? What if you have an ftp-networklocations?

you are right mate, i have to add a single drive then.

edit_ done :) working ok.

two questions:

a) i wanted to have just the text, no icon | the only workaround i found was to set the Appearance to 0. But after closing the app and opening it again...i have to turn it back to 255 (nor the text or the icon are seen). bug? is there another way?

B) is ave desk 1.3 able to get, for instance, this drive desklet selectable like a normal icon? (like making a rectangle in the desktop)

thanks in advance for your time. Thanks for sharing your hard work.

respect.

Andreas, just a quick question

will it be possible to make avedesk interact with winamp like it does with iTunes (avetunes)?

maybe 1.3 is a bit better for this than 1.2?

maybe I'll try to make a simple "amptunes" :)

Excuse me, but seems like a pre-release for all those bothering Ave with 'WHEN?!' (and 'fourth major release' in description sounds like 'force majeur release' :)). No scripter, dummy in tutorial, poor site... It needs more work around it, but fortunately not inside.

And the sucky effect seems to work on selected graphic cards only. I've got TNT2 @ home and an integrated Intel graphics @ work, but nowhere I can get effect to work. '...graphics card capable of using alpha-blended surfaces needed.' - the readme says, and both of my cards are such ones, but no nice flipping there :(. I think, we need DX9-capable graphic cards with pixel shaders. Am I right?

my graphics card, which is a 9000PRO had directX9 installed already, its a pretty crappy card but im sure it can perform alpha-blending. anybody got any advice on how to fix this sucky effect? other then that my aveie works just fine.

Ave - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to preview the label backgrounds... It's one of the little improvements that makes a huge difference--- thanks! I no longer have to dig through my Avedesklabels directory to find the preview images of each label set.

Andreas,

I love the new ave desk. Thanks for a great and useful app.

I have a request. What is the weather desklet that you are using for all of your screenshots? I would like to use that one for my desktop but don't know which one it is. Has it been released? or is it your own design and still beta. I like the way that it shows the predicted hi/low for the day and the graphics.

Thanks,

Adversesyaw

Andreas,

I love the new ave desk. Thanks for a great and useful app.

I have a request. What is the weather desklet that you are using for all of your screenshots? I would like to use that one for my desktop but don't know which one it is. Has it been released? or is it your own design and still beta. I like the way that it shows the predicted hi/low for the day and the graphics.

Thanks,

Adversesyaw

If you read the thread you would see that it's a part of AveScripter developed by pcm and that it will be released along with it.

Hey, i have been using Avedesk 1.3 for a couple of days now, but haven't had a chance to comment. Good work, cheers Ave.

woo. what a pleasant surprise find when i get internet back after the hurricane :D. when i tried the previous releases of this i didn't care for it as much, but i'm really loving this version. it's really fun to play with. thanks for the hard work!

One small question...

in the stickynotes one, i see there's a text file that controls what fonts and sizes are available... i tried adding to that list other fonts but they don't seem to work. is that list unchangeable?

One small question...

in the stickynotes one, i see there's a text file that controls what fonts and sizes are available... i tried adding to that list other fonts but they don't seem to work. is that list unchangeable?

It works, but only on a restart - maybe I should `hot-load` that file, actually.

hmm... my mail seems stalled, need to call my ISP for that

So how can i send you the french translation?

woo. what a pleasant surprise find when i get internet back after the hurricane :D. when i tried the previous releases of this i didn't care for it as much, but i'm really loving this version. it's really fun to play with. thanks for the hard work!

Amen brah. This version is easily the best of all of them!

Made myself an installer for AveDesk for when I reformat my pc. Here's a couple of screenshots:

adsetup-1.jpg

More: 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

License text (since it's cut-off in the screeny):

Copyright © 2005 Andreas Verhoeven.

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

Programmers: Andreas Verhoeven

Hakan Erduman

Graphics: Javier Ocasio

Installer: Jorge Mancheno

AveDesk is distributed as donation-ware, which means you are NOT free to distribute this without permission. If you want to distribute AveDesk 1.3, contact one of the authors mentioned above through email.

I wrote the license based on the readme and AveDesk's about screen.

The installer creates a desktop icon (for AveDesk) and start menu group (with links to AD, an uninstaller, and AD's homepage). It's filesize comes in at 4.93 MB and installs everything in the original zip file.

If I get an 'OK' from Ave, I'll put it up for everyone else. ;)