Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher v0.4 - BUG REPORTS

544 posts in this topic

When you lock the dock it doesn't allow drop of items into the bin.. or left clicking on it either... maybe this is a docklet issue instead though?

left click is a docklet issue, the drag is a dock issue (i'll fix it)

Tamper Protection is for blocking apps trying to modify the Symantec files. And no, it's not a stupid heuristic thing, since we're talking about the best antivirus out there.

NOTICE: I'm talking about SAV Corporate, not the Norton crap.

I use BulletProFTP (www.bpftp.com) and if i reduce to icon.....many..many and continue little image of this app...in Launcher: see image.

I also try to exclude this apps form config of launcher but nothing...

Plaese tell me advise

Thanl

Paul

post-35370-1129672467_thumb.jpg

Tamper Protection is for blocking apps trying to modify the Symantec files. And no, it's not a stupid heuristic thing, since we're talking about the best antivirus out there.

NOTICE: I'm talking about SAV Corporate, not the Norton crap.

well, we don´t want to start a "what´s the best" $hit here, even when i´m the same thought that sav corporate rules. well, to the point. affected sav files tampered by rklauncher.exe are:

ccApp.exe

Rtvscan.exe

DefWatch.exe

ccEctMgr.exe

ccSetMgr.exe

SPBBCSvc.exe

vpc32.exe

VPTray.exe

why would RKLauncher try to modify those files ?!? it's just stupid in my oppinion...

"""did you exclude it from the minimize exclusion as well?"""

Yes...Thank

I have a major bug to report, I dont know if anybody else here is a gamer but whenever I play a videogame either the dock crashes or the game crashes, with other games it cause slowdown. I think it has something to with direct x9 because the the error message said something about a dll from direct x. so I try playing without the dock and NO crashes what so ever! I think depending on how dependent the game is of the graphics card you get a different outcome either slowdown or crashing!

I think ATI Radeon users are in luck.

Anyway, when I minimize a window, it just go to the dock without the Genie effect (even if I have it chosen). I don't know why it does that. This goes for min/max, btw. And when I re-open the settings, it is in the Scale effect again. So I will choose the Genie again and it will not suck the windows, like I expected.

ATI Radeon 256

512 ram

I agree that RK should disable itself if another app needs the hardware acceleration, or at least put itself to low-priority. It's just an app launcher and taskbar replacement after all, so shouldn't be hogging all the resources, especially when it's not in use.

Whenever I minimize a mozilla app (specifically Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0.6), they work just fine, but when I restore them again from the dock, they don't have focus. Like, they are behind whatever windows I have open, and the only way I can give them focus is to click on their titlebar (clicking anywhere else in the window doesn't do much of anything)

When there are less than four icons in the launcher the icons at the side get clipped. Launcher position doesn't matter.

Athlon XP 3000+, 512 MB

Geforce 4, Nvidia 77.77

XP Pro SP1, DirectX 9.0c

clip4tz.jpg

The newest version of Rhapsody immediately crashes upon scrolling over the RK Launcher sidebar. The program works fine when the sidebar isn't open.

why would RKLauncher try to modify those files ?!? it's just stupid in my oppinion...

well, in my opinion either but hey, u are the creator. ;)

fact is sav corporate users are not few, and tamper protection will be a feature in any upcoming sav product. so surly better to kick this bug. (< no, not me) lmfao

I like to have the task manager in my systray (minimized) and when it's open and i go to minimize it to the tray it minimizes to the dock.

/.teh

@tehloxely: can't you just add taskman.exe to the exclusion list?

I have a major bug to report, I dont know if anybody else here is a gamer but whenever I play a videogame either the dock crashes or the game crashes, with other games it cause slowdown. I think it has something to with direct x9 because the the error message said something about a dll from direct x. so I try playing without the dock and NO crashes what so ever! I think depending on how dependent the game is of the graphics card you get a different outcome either slowdown or crashing!

hmmm had this problem in YZDock too.. but got rid of it by changing dock Sensitivity to dull however it did not fix the entire thing. Sometimes when you use scrollbars and if mouse goes little left or right (where docks are positioned)Dock quickly shows itself (which becomes annoying sometimes) I'm new to RK so... I've yet to explore the options available...

- My dock doesn't have any indicators. The "Hide Indicators" check box is empty. :slant:

- When I hover near the edge of my screen to make it show, there is a half second or so pause before it shows up. Is there a way to make it be faster or is this a bug?

- Some programs, like MS Visual Stuio 6, VB6, act like they minimize to the tray (icon appears in dock), but they actually havent minimized , they are still on screen.

- This one may be more of a feature request than a bug report, but is there a way to change the # of bounces an icon will do when you open an application?

Thanks for all your hard work raduking! :D

Hopkins:

1. Which dock theme are you running? Some dock themes don't have running indicators.

2. You can change the delay time before the dock activates. It's under "behavior-> hotspot delay"

3. Some programs don't minimize well at all, it's best to just add them to the exclusion list.

4. You can change the number of bounces by changing "number of animations" in the behavior tab.

I also don't have any running indicators, its a Y'z Dock imported theme im using. Is ther a way to add indicators to the theme? Only the default RK theme has indicators.

Copy the "mark.png" file from the default theme folder to your yzdock folder. Then, add the following lines to your bg.ini file:

[indicator]

image = mark.png

i believe that will fix it up for ya

Hopkins:

1. Which dock theme are you running? Some dock themes don't have running indicators.

2. You can change the delay time before the dock activates. It's under "behavior-> hotspot delay"

3. Some programs don't minimize well at all, it's best to just add them to the exclusion list.

4. You can change the number of bounces by changing "number of animations" in the behavior tab.

==================================================

Copy the "mark.png" file from the default theme folder to your yzdock folder. Then, add the following lines to your bg.ini file

Thanks ppoppe!

All those suggestions worked perfectly!