Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher v0.4 - BUG REPORTS

544 posts in this topic

Error Creating Hooks...

If I want to use, I have to re-install Rk Launcher everytime i Start my Comp up...

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 x2

I ran vista OSX and that installed RK launcher. Whenever I run Spore (non-pirated with SECURom uninstalled) and I alt+tab back to my desktop Spore gets minimized to the launcher and when i maximize it, I hear the music but all I see is the desktop with the spore cursor and it crashes.

oh, me, I want a borring bug fix.

When RK launcher is launched, the shortcut alt-tab doesn't work anymore for documents of a same application (exemple, if you have 2 excel files launched, you cannot use alt-tab to switch), this is a very annoying bug. That's why I use Rocket dock at the moment, even if I prefer tha design of RKL.

Also, it is not possible to add others objectdock docklets (to add your free files choice for example, with the grid effect)...

Moved to the bug thread, please post on the correct thread - thanks mps69

My OS System is an HP Windows Vista. I use the latest Firefox as my Internet Browser. I installed the RK Launcher in Dec. 2008. It took me a little time to get use to the settings, but overall I like it very much. Now (This morning) when I turn on my PC, I noticed that my Rk Launcher is on the Upper left instead of the Top Center. All my settings have disappeared. I reset everything five times, but it keeps on loosing my settings and going back to the Upper left position. I thought maybe this has something to do with a recent upgrade I did the night before. So I did a system restore: I went back three days. It didn't change anything on my RK Launcher.

Has anyone here had this trouble? It's a small detail, but it will quickly be a thorn in my side if I have to reset my settings every time I shut down my PC. On the good side, the RK launcher is keeping my icons that I put on my Docking system.

Have you considered just biting the bullet and uninstall/reinstall the app?

What about your UAC settings, did they get changed with this recent upgrade?

I'm having a trouble with the RK Launcher.

Everytime I run it, it will pop up multiple windows saying.

The application still can run but the multiple windows at the

start of the program really annoy me..

|RK launcher Error |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| Class already exists. |

| |

| CLOSE |

New here -- I hope I'm not reposting a question answered earlier (but I did search w/no luck).

When I have RK Launcher running, browser applications won't stay active. Example: have a data entry window such as this, and I can't get the computer to keep it active for long enough to even type. (RK is shut down right now.)

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Allison

I'm having a trouble with the RK Launcher.

Everytime I run it, it will pop up multiple windows saying.

The application still can run but the multiple windows at the

start of the program really annoy me..

If you are running the more than one Stacks Docklet within RKL you might get this error. You will have to rename one Stacks01.dll and the other Stacks02.dll

New here -- I hope I'm not reposting a question answered earlier (but I did search w/no luck).

When I have RK Launcher running, browser applications won't stay active. Example: have a data entry window such as this, and I can't get the computer to keep it active for long enough to even type. (RK is shut down right now.)

Anyone else have this problem?

What might be happening in this case is the dock is taking focus, this can happen if your running your applications full screen. Right click the dock and select setting, select the Behavior tab, the check Never Take Focus, click Ok.

Hopefully that should solve your problem

The setting "Gradation" under item Label is useless. The only choice I have in the drop down list is "None".

Hey guys,

I have had my rk launcher .41 beta build 282 for a while now and i love it.. but there are a couple things that make me a little angry sometimes. im almost to the point of not using it anymore because of the bugs that i am experiencing.. so help me out BC i like this bar so much! :)

1. When my computer comes back out from sleep mode, the task bar becomes visible again. (So i have to go back into Rk settings to un-check then Re-Check Hide task bar to get it to go away. Fix?

2. MY Rk launcher bar will not close an application if i right click on it and tell it to do so. (Programs like MSN, Google talk, Aim, utorrent) Almost all my programs that i run daily have to be closed manually or in the task manager.

3. If "same instance" is checked in any of the programs in the bar, when clicking on the icon to open it back up, it freezes for about 10 sec and then finally either pops up the right window or just does nothing.

I am running windows xp sp3

T9700 core duo 2.4 ghz

4 gb ram

please help mee!!!

I got 2 bugs, the first one occurs when return from hibernate on the machine, the rklauncher disappear, so I have to change the resolution and reappear so I can return the resolution again, or else I have to start a program tha is in the bar to make it appear.

This problem occurs on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7 RC

The second bug occurs whe I have the a leat a docklet in the bar when I reopen de the program the process start but the bar does not appear no matter what i do, so I have to remove the docklets from the program's folder and restar the rklauncher then the bar reapears, no it works fine, I can put the docklets again but if there are docklets when I close it, does not appear in the nest restart.

This problem occus on Windows 7 RC

The machine used is an AMd Phenom X4 2.6, 4Gb RAM, nVidia 8200 512mb

I have the same problem as yibo. Empty recycle bin not work.

Win 7 64x

RK Louncher iVista leopard. Build 282

Please help.

I am having problems with saving my settings, it was all fine until today

Every time I start it up my settings have all gone, I looked in the RKLauncher.conf file and it was empty, is this normal? I looked in the release thread and found a post about the conf file it had

[Settings]

[Language]

langResource = rkl_english.lang

[Appearance]

etcetera...

in it and I am wondering why mine isn't saving all that in the file.

Thanks for help in advance :D

First, thank you. Rk Launcher's very nice :X.

Here some bugs I got.

1. When I add many app in Rk Dock, width of the screen isn't enough to display all and I can't use any items out of my screen.

2. Task docket:

+ When I change Trasparent skin, it's transparent all skin and icon !

+ To change icon in it so difficult

+ When I change every icon in docket with explorer of Windows (browse), the task docklet is disappear !

3. Stack Docklet: I cannot open directly any shortcut of Microsoft Office 2010 !

Thanks you.

System:

Asus 1.66ghz EEEPC netbook,

Windows XP Service Pack3,

RkLauncher Settings:

Dock Size 25

Magnification 144

Behaviour options that are set to on:

"use margin hotspot"

and "full margin hotspot"

Important Note:

When magnification is turned off the graphics glitch described below is localised to the actual dock-size setting (i.e. 25)

Description of problem:

RKlauncher causes the windows start menu to leave graphics of itself on the screen. There seems to be a certain number of pixel-space that Rklauncher uses on the screen i.e. 100 pixels in width or something. if this overlaps with the windows start menu when i use start menu button such as when i run something from the start menu after rkLauncher has appeared and then i click the start menu, the start menu shows up and doesn't disappear properly, so that the graphics are left behind and can become part the firefox window for example, or become broken up depending what is taking focus in any particular application window like the explorer.exe window.

Work-arounds that can be used, but are annoying to do:

1. Partial solution... If i choose to place rkLauncher at the top of the screen and have the start menu at the bottom with only small icons and a small number of applications in the start menu then the start menu won't cross that invisible boundary and the graphics glitch won't happen when i do use the start menu.

2. Pressing F5 (refresh) when everything is minimized, if i am only on the desktop and everything is minimised this refreshes and removes any graphics glitches.

3. I also found a useful hotspot hide/show taskbar app which refreshes the screen everytime that it hides the taskbar so that can act as a work around, but i like to have my taskbar showing rather than hiding. :(

Final Word:

Great application as it is fast and smooth, and adds some nice bling - Sorry that Rk Launcher and the "nightly build" hasn't changed in a long time, but i'll pray and hope for few simple additions thrown in sometime soon, Like a quick, dirty and easy refresh function! :)

Multi monitor BUG:

Description of problem:

I have set my multi-monitor settings so that my bigger 22" monitor is above my main (netbook) monitor which is below (my big monitor sits higher behind it on my desk. I have the dock positioned at the top of my main screen (the netbook), where i like it to take focus so that whenever i move my mouse to the top of my main screen (the netbook) the dock will appear over the top of any other applications i am working on which are usually always full screen!

Specifics of bug: The bug causes problems when i move my mouse up and past the dock and onto the second monitor. I need "never take focus" to be unticked so the dock appears above the other apps only when i move my mouse to the top of the screen (like when i am not using a multi monitor setup and going to uni), however the dock keeps stealing/taking focus from any application i am working on in the second monitor, and i therefore cannot write or use any application on the second monitor if i have passed over the dock.

Work-arounds:

Untick "Full margin hotspot" (but breaks functionality, as the dock will not appear when it is under other applications)

OR

tick "never take focus"

OR

Move the dock to the left or right of my main screen so that my mouse is not going past the dock to reach the second monitor

Misc

(If there is a way for the as yet unwritten multimonitor option to detect a multimonitor and stop focus being taken away when full margin hotspot is used, as it seems that the dock is applied to the whole region of the second monitor, even when i set full margin hotspot delay to 2000 it then takes focus away from any application that i might have clicked on in the second monitor, but never takes focus from the main monitor.

Thanks for reading. Sorry for bugging you about bugs.