Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher 0.4 - FEATURE REQUESTS

401 posts in this topic

Hi,

first of all- thank you for GREAT software!!!

FEATURE REQUESTS:

1) tabs like in objectdock

2) flyout menus like in menuapp, that takes folders and turns them into menus, sub-folders into sub-menus and the same for *.lnk files in folders - http://www.desktopapps.co.uk/menuApp.html

and ... i am waiting for next release.

Daniel Neveceral.

An interface suggestion:

Maybe it would be better to make a separate tab for "About" info, and add a button to close configuration window in the bottom of it (usually people are used to seing some buttons like 'Ok' and 'Cancel' in a dialog window, and when there are none, they get confused)

I'll add an OK button ;)

@wfpoulet

Try Hawkeye Technologies Shellinit a little program that can create an number of invisible margins on your screen.

http://www.hawkeyetech.com/products/freeware.htm

A simple text file like this saved with the ending hss and put into autostart gives you automatically the desired border to the bottom:

Margin, 0, Bottom, 48

Thanks for the pointer ! :-)

I have a folder with several shortcuts. I selected all of them to import (drag) them on the dock, but only the last one really appeared on the dock. The others were ignored.

So the ability to import/add/drag several icons on the dock at once could be useful.

I would like to have maximize margins directly implemented into RKLauncher. That's because any external program I tried resets itself once I check "Hide Taskbar". And I don't like having a bunch of precesses in the background :)

I sure would like to add an option to a "Dock Item Properties".

It would be "Close RK Launcher when executed". This would be a great addition for gamers. While RK Launcher doesn't use much overhead for normal programs, gamers need everything they have.

Great program.

First of all: thanks for this great program. I wasn't happy with the 0.3b (bundled with Flyakite), but this one is much better.

Some things out of my head:

1. MenuApp works fine, but integrated menus are most welcome. :)

2. Option to show all open windows, not only the minimized ones.

3. Option to show system tray.

4. Put the position vars from config file into the graphical settings manager too.

5. Better support for flashing windows. Option for how many flashes/spins/bounces and if the icon should stay active in some way. (Leave your computer for 1 minute. How would you know if you've got any new messages without checking each conversation?)

6. MSN Messenger (or other client) conversations show peoples display pictures as icons.

7. Main context menu has direkt links to the icons and docklets folders, and maybe also links to editing the settings files in default texteditor.

Keep the good stuff going. :)

so a 0.41 version is iminent...

0.41 will have drag & drop and folder menus on (click+hold and ctrl+hold)

Love RKLauncher. Great work. Thank you .

Flyout menus would be great, by far my most wanted feature, but instead of just opening the contents of a folder why not open a full menu? This would be interesting especially if you want to have the "Same instance" behaviour in flyout menus.

One other feature was if the flyout could be invoked with a simple click.( or at least as an option) I'm using a touch screen without keyboard and a touch and hold its not practical.

Hi,

I really like RKLaucher, but I wish I could switch between sets of programs depending on the type of work I am doing.

It would be nice to either be able to switch between multiple bars, or even better, have the possibility to collapse/expand the space between two separators. I think this last idea would be a nice solution to reduce the amount of icons displayed by "hiding" groups of programs that are not necessary for the current task.

Thanks

Adding to my list:

8. New conversation windows should get directly to the dock, instead of being nowhere. As for now, I don't see a message until I decide myself to start a conversation with that person.

Looks like I'll have to stick to Mobydock... :(

@wfpoulet

Try Hawkeye Technologies Shellinit a little program that can create an number of invisible margins on your screen.

http://www.hawkeyetech.com/products/freeware.htm

A simple text file like this saved with the ending hss and put into autostart gives you automatically the desired border to the bottom:

Margin, 0, Bottom, 48

Just one problem with using ShellInit. For Winamp users, when you close Winamp, it kills the margin and you have to run the script again. In turn it would be nice to see an implemented margin feature.

But my main feature request is support for virtual desktops. I use Litestep and RKLauncher is only shown on the main desktop and none of the other virtual ones. Thanks for creating a wonderful and useable program.

Isn't there an option in LiteStep to make it "sticky"? As in to make it appear in every desktop.

I don't think there's a way for RK to do that.

I would most like to see the option to use the animations in reverse for when opening minimized windows.

Isn't there an option in LiteStep to make it "sticky"? As in to make it appear in every desktop.

I don't think there's a way for RK to do that.

Heh there is. I finally found it among the configuartion files. Thanks for the reminder about it. ;)

First of all: thanks for this great program. I wasn't happy with the 0.3b (bundled with Flyakite), but this one is much better.

Some things out of my head:

1. MenuApp works fine, but integrated menus are most welcome. :)

2. Option to show all open windows, not only the minimized ones.

3. Option to show system tray.

4. Put the position vars from config file into the graphical settings manager too.

5. Better support for flashing windows. Option for how many flashes/spins/bounces and if the icon should stay active in some way. (Leave your computer for 1 minute. How would you know if you've got any new messages without checking each conversation?)

6. MSN Messenger (or other client) conversations show peoples display pictures as icons.

7. Main context menu has direkt links to the icons and docklets folders, and maybe also links to editing the settings files in default texteditor.

Keep the good stuff going. :)

I vote for "Tray support" and than i will send MS windows taskbar in the hell :-)))

I have a request. When using the magnifiaction effect could we have an option for universal magnification.. That is to say could the WHOLE dock scale up to the same size? it would be useful for me and look a lot nicer imho

Heh there is. I finally found it among the configuartion files. Thanks for the reminder about it. ;)

No problem at all ;)

I would like the Bounce effect to be more true to the OSX one (and Y'z dock too for that matter).

Uhm, it wont save recycle bin icons. Empty and full, as soon as the state changes it defaults back to standard.

Oh and the genie effect must be much much faster. Dont worry about dropped frames.

@Codex: depending which recycle docklet you're using (specifying would probably help some), this solution might work:

1. Locate the icons that the docklet uses

2. Place the icons you want to use in that directory

3. Rename the default icons to something else

4. Rename your icons to the names the default icons use to have.

Thats the first thing I tried, it didnt work. (both ico and png)

Is there anyone that uses rk with a functional "real mac" trash icon?

EDIT: Right click "Property of docklet"

Jesus what a nice dock.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined someone combining the best of moby + yz.

Moby's speed.

Y'z docklets and bin

moby's previews (and instant preview on minimize + hide on maximise!)

and a genie (needs to be much faster)

Wow what an app.

PS I think you guys should focus on being 1:1 with mac (genie+auto scaledown on too many icons for screen res) before going on to the fancy stuff requested by people above.

When I use the dock vertically on the right hand side and I zoom a window (using HSI to avoid windows to overlap with the dock), the shadow interferes with the scroll bar. I have to click on the extreme left hand side of the scroll bar otherwise the shadow prevents me to grab the bar and scroll...

Enabling/Disabling shadow could be a tick in "Appearance" tab.

Instead of having to go into the restrictions tab and find the .exe file to not let it minimize to the RK Launcher bar or drag an icon to the desktop to delete it, have options in the context menu, such as "Never Minimize To Dock" or "Delete Icon" for quicker use. This would make it much less time consuming. :D

i would love it if you could add a 'always on bottom' feature or something, so when you press the 'show desktop' button it doesn't minimise the dock as well.. apart from that its great! :D