Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher 0.4 - FEATURE REQUESTS

401 posts in this topic

so a 0.41 version is iminent...

0.41 will have drag & drop and folder menus on (click+hold and ctrl+hold)

hey, avedesk1.3 teaser has the suck effect it would be cool if you redo it for rk launcher!

Radu... you are a Dock God. I wait for a 0.41 relaease. Can you do something with "firefox(1.4-1.6a1) and thunderbird won't minimizing to dock" problem ? We realy appreciate your work

I think that a 64 bit problem I personally havent had a problem with minimizing firefox!

This is the BEST news today.....tres bien! merci. Thanks a bunch for the quick response on those two features.

PS...raduking....you need to change the links in your sig :)

I think that a 64 bit problem I personally havent had a problem with minimizing firefox!

Which build are you using? Its problem of latests builids, Firefox beta 1.5b1-b2 (1.4) and Deerpark (1.6a1)

yeah, please people, it has been reported numerous times, it is a bug with the 1.x line of Firefox/Thunderbird. 1.0x minimizes fine with rKlauncher.

And the stuff about 64bit being the problem is nonsense, since that would only affect people who run 64bit Windows and 64bit Firefox. On normal (32bit) Windows (XP, XP Pro) 64bit programs DON'T run.

I absolutely need a fast running Genie on nVidia cards. Half of the world is depending on this...

The effect slows down as it enters the dock. It probably has something to do with a conflict between the dock's rendering engine and the effect's. It also slows down when passing through a tooltip shadow stuck on my screen. I'll reboot my computer to get rid of it, but you probably wanted to know that.

Also, the effect is smoother outside these "conflict" areas, but it still doesn't run at full speed, I think.

any chance it will also remember program icons and captions?

It already does. Maybe did you install it over an old version? Weird things can happen if you do that.

I'm not having any problem, and I don't think anyone is.

It already does. Maybe did you install it over an old version? Weird things can happen if you do that.

I'm not having any problem, and I don't think anyone is.

No, clean install. but does it really save? I'm talking about programs you don't keep in the dock. I think RK said something about this feature to be implement in v0.5. I was just being hopeful, I think this is a key feature.

first of all thank 2 radu cause this is a great app :)

my request:

when u minimize to the dock u cant use alt + tab to change between apps instead of that u need to click on the screenshot in the dock so i think alt + tab is a very useful way to change between windows, and i think the next update should have it..any way is just mi comment and this is a great dock the way it is thank u radu :]

I found what I consider to be an annoying bug in RKlauncher 0.4. When using AOL IM, if you forget to minimize any open IM window, the icon within RKlauncher does not blink or flash when an incoming message arrives. So, someone could be writing to you while you're busy surfing the net, but you'd never know cause you forgot to minimize the window. Something should flash on the menu bar no mat

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (I searched to the best of my ability) or maybe I'm ovelooking something in the preferences, but would it be possible so that when a window is minimized it goes to the right of a separator?

Great release, I was looking forward to this day. Keep up the good work.:D

*sorry if this is in the wrong thread*

@j0sh: you can change where the minimized windows go in the rklauncher.conf file. There is a line called "minimize position" that allows you to change where the windows go. Don't forget to enable "minimize to rklauncher" in the configuration menu.

Mister Raduking, sire, what did you tell that nice dude about the nVidia Genie issue on MSN? :) oh I'm curious :D thats all...

1) A "no-overlap" feature where the dock can act like the task bar which never overlaps with a window (in normal mode). That could be a tick in "Behavior".

2) Support for Eclipse. At the moment, if I click on "same instance", the dock still tries to launch a second instance.

2bis) Same comment for OpenOffice 2.0.

3) If several instances of an application are running and I click on the docked icon, all instances are brought to the front. I am especially thinking about the "command prompt" here, but it could also apply to the "windows explorer" or MS Office applications when working on several "Word" documents for example, or any application which usually has several instances running. This could be a tick in "behavior".

4) A default clock widget with analog or digital display.

5) The integration of a graphical virtual desktop manager, to alow users to really manage processes running on a computer and focus on the activity at hand. This is especially useful for those who have too many applications running at once.

Thanks!

wfpoulet

http://www.byssus.com

Wonderful..

Could you please add an option to "Allow this application to keep it's taskbar entry;" I would like to still minimize to your dock but have the windows be expose'able using expose clones like TopDesk. I would be very grateful :)

Also, could you have the autohide/margin hotspot interaction not cause the dock to slide back down even during mid-use? Currently, the dock, after popping up, will autohide again if the mouse is moved, but is not fast enough over to the dock. An option that, Once a hotspot is tappped, the dock remains on the screen until the user touches the dock would be nice.

great work once again, I only wish I wasn't one of the Nvidia sufferers..

Yeah I would Also LOVE THIS! and would make the dock perfect, at least for me. Oh... btw.. thx thx thx!!!!

Mister Raduking, sire, what did you tell that nice dude about the nVidia Genie issue on MSN? :) oh I'm curious :D thats all...

It wasn't much, really... He sent me a modified Genie dll, but it didn't work. :slant: He also fixed a docklet bug and reupdated the download :)

Please support for East Asian character.

Multi byte character is not preserved in INI.

@wfpoulet

Try Hawkeye Technologies Shellinit a little program that can create an number of invisible margins on your screen.

http://www.hawkeyetech.com/products/freeware.htm

A simple text file like this saved with the ending hss and put into autostart gives you automatically the desired border to the bottom:

Margin, 0, Bottom, 48

@raduking

Thank you for RKLauncher 0.4 it is really great!

My wishlist for further improvement:

- Multi monitor support

- Drag-n-Drop

- Less memory usage

- Tabs

Again, thank you and I bow before you.

An interface suggestion:

Maybe it would be better to make a separate tab for "About" info, and add a button to close configuration window in the bottom of it (usually people are used to seing some buttons like 'Ok' and 'Cancel' in a dialog window, and when there are none, they get confused)

When you'll implement the genie in reverse (more like the genie coming out :)), please don't forget to make the window go up a bit higher than its destination, that's how it looks like on the real Mac. It make the windows look springy.

But before that, I would like nVidia support :D The software D3D doesn't work for me as my processor doesn't support SSE... One more tip on the issue, the effect runs faster when magnification isn't on :)