Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher 0.4 - FEATURE REQUESTS

401 posts in this topic

Please request here any new features you want to see in the next RK Launcher releases.

Fallback mode for Genie effect please. Us nVidia users are suffering from very very low framerates. :(

I dont know if this was implemented on this release but i would like support of object dock skins with foreground and background.

oh! theres a third hidden effect for the macos x Tiger dock called suck if you can include that as well please!

thank you for your latest release!

Feature to bring all new windows to front, I'm constantly not getting notices when using messenger.

If at all possible, the ability to CTRL+Click on a folder shortcut and display its contents in a context menu or something of the sort.. Don't know if thats too much or if someone can simply write a docklet..

I know of KKMenu but It is slow and sometimes annoying to customize.. plus if it were a context menu it would take on the guise of whatever theme is running

I was actually thinking of something similar, but I got the idea from a WindowFX script called "Dragoff"... It basically drags the window off the screen.

In the next version, it would be nice if iTunes did not get minimized to the dock. That would be absolutely wonderful. That is one of the only things that's keeping me from using the Minimize to RK. But my iTunes docklet hides and shows the iTunes window, so there being a taskbar space is completely useless. And excluding it doesn't work.

It would also be nice if it would not hide the entire Miranda buddy list when the chat window is minimized.

It would also be nice if it would not hide the entire Miranda buddy list when the chat window is minimized.

I'm Using Miranda and when I minimize a chat window it doesn't minimize the contact list. are you using latest miranda?

Wonderful..

Could you please add an option to "Allow this application to keep it's taskbar entry;" I would like to still minimize to your dock but have the windows be expose'able using expose clones like TopDesk. I would be very grateful :)

Also, could you have the autohide/margin hotspot interaction not cause the dock to slide back down even during mid-use? Currently, the dock, after popping up, will autohide again if the mouse is moved, but is not fast enough over to the dock. An option that, Once a hotspot is tappped, the dock remains on the screen until the user touches the dock would be nice.

great work once again, I only wish I wasn't one of the Nvidia sufferers..

Two very practical things, Drag and Drop support and flyout menus. With these features yzdock is still better for me :/

Keep up good work !!

Wonderful..

Could you please add an option to "Allow this application to keep it's taskbar entry;" I would like to still minimize to your dock but have the windows be expose'able using expose clones like TopDesk. I would be very grateful :)

Try using Entbloess, which shows all the minimized windows (yes, those minimized to RK launcher as well). I use it and it works fine. besides, after testing all 3 main Expose clones I found that entbloess has the best performance as well.

The only thing I am waiting for is multimonitor support... It's the only thing, which keeps me with OD. I'm waiting for this function since 0.3beta.

This thing is great, very mac-like. I have a couple requests, I'd like to use LucidaMacBold font for labels but it doesn't appear on the font list and when I resize the bar, it goes outside the screen and doesn't stop at the edges like the Mac dock.

Anyways, thanks for this great app!

Two very practical things, Drag and Drop support and flyout menus. With these features yzdock is still better for me :/

Keep up good work !!

I second these (and I know that drag & drop is slated for 0.5)....these are the two things still keeping me from switching away from Y'z. By "flyout menus I assume you mean left-click and hold on a folder icon to display its contents in a menu like in Y'z

In the next version, it would be nice if iTunes did not get minimized to the dock. That would be absolutely wonderful. That is one of the only things that's keeping me from using the Minimize to RK. But my iTunes docklet hides and shows the iTunes window, so there being a taskbar space is completely useless. And excluding it doesn't work.

just add iTunes.exe to the minimized excluded list in the Exclusions tab

* Animated icons (hover and activate)

* Possibility of deleting a dock item from its context menu (as opposed to just excluding it).

* More possibilites to alter background (create it from multiple bitmaps so one can always have nice edges and just stretch the center)

um some application menus would be nice (like flyout menus or something that are folders in the dock)

also more support is needed for nvidia graphics cards....im running a xfx geforce 6600gt 256mb and the genie effect looks soo choppy....is this hardware accelerated?

I second these (and I know that drag & drop is slated for 0.5)....these are the two things still keeping me from switching away from Y'z. By "flyout menus I assume you mean left-click and hold on a folder icon to display its contents in a menu like in Y'z

Yes, i mean exactly that (left-click and hold on a folder....)

We need Drag and Drop!!! EyeCandy effects could wait

For example instead of using in int.browser right click on a picture and save as.. i just drag picture from a browser and drop it to folder in a dock. I drag movies to media players and etc.etc. It's very usable.

It would also be nice to have an x64 version of RkLauncher. As is when running 64 bit programs like firefox, thunderbird, etc. they will not minimize to RkLauncher, they minimize to the taskbar instead.

Edit: Forgot to mention that even the x64 Win explorer won't minimize to RkLauncher.

So, it is reason why they're (firefox, thunderbird) won't minimizing. 64 bits :/. It would be very nice if they started minimizing again.

I'm Using Miranda and when I minimize a chat window it doesn't minimize the contact list. are you using latest miranda?

Yep, I sure am

Radu, Thanks..I'm a little embarrased that I didn't see that option before. But thank you!

Also I'm with everyone else with the drag & drop feature

The flyout menu feature

and I've always been waiting to be able to resize the dock from the separator.

i second everythin qweedle guy said and i would also like more support for nvidia cards (mine is an xfx nvidia geforce 6600gt 256mb agp graphics card)