Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher 0.4 Beta

263 posts in this topic

Awesome, thanks a lot Raduking :D

The Alladin's Lamp Effect runs perfectly smooth on my hardware (AMD 3000+, ATI 9600) :)

Nvidia 6600GT with very slow genie. Maybe only on Nvidia cards?

Great work, Radu. Thanks a lot for this release.

What are the requirements for this DirectX effect to work? It does not work on my Dell 700m. I get the "Error creating Direct 3D device" error.

Thanks Raduking, superb application!!!

Aladdin is working fine here on:

Mobile Sempron 3000+

ATI Mobility Radeon X700 PCI Express 128 VRAM

512 RAM

Great improvement of the dock speed... the more I use it the more I realize what an excellent work you've done RK.

any chance that the next nightly build will save program icons? or bring all instances of an app to front?

Dock is much smoother, but...

1: Nvidia users are buggered by the looks of it, the genie effect is slower than a dogs dinner.

2: Firefox still does not minimize to tray ( 1.5 beta ) I bug test for Firefox and can assure you nothing is going to change in the full release. So over to you radking to fix this.

Otherwise, I just cannot use this over objectdock as much as I would love to. I appreciate your work, but if the above is not fixed...

Good luck.

aahhhhhh!! hate my nVidia card t'day! any word on update for this problem dudes?guess the problem is not solved :(

OMFG. Radu, don't listen to what anyone says other than this:

Raduking = Duckie Reincarnate, but several decades before Duckie has died (I haven't figured that part out yet). Maybe Duckie's twin?

YOU BOTH ROCK HARDCORE!

it's not in the default download. look closely at what you can download..

Radu, if you can find out how the "fallback" mode works and get it into RK, we all nVidia users would really appreciate it.

If there's an nVidia user here without any problems, I'd like to hear from him.

nVidia here, super effort Radu! Genie Effect is one sweet kick da butt on out, great effect, :) but it IS slower than 8 day old molasses but it does finish and not hang at all.

Dock Speed however is pegging the needle, wuuup! Didn't know you was going to turn that up a notch.

This is worth getting worked up over, thank again.

(AMD 2.5 Overclock)(512MB) (nVidia Card 64)(XP Pro SP1)

I have no problem with mine?

it's fast

spec: AMD 64 X2 4400+

2GB Corsair Value

BFG 7800 GTX

Ah, then it's probably your crazy fast CPU...

Which graphics drivers are you using?

I know effects like this are supposed to run very fast even without a just-bought-yesterday top-notch computer.

LOL, I'm using the genie effect on two systems: A laptop with an ATI IGP 320M integrated graphics chip, and my main system with a Nvidia 6800GT. The Genie effect on the ****ty ATI IGP minimizes windows in like 4 seconds, the effect on the Nvidia system takes at least 20 seconds. It kinda looks like sand trinkling to the bottom of an hour glass, LOL.

laptop: ATI IGP 320M, Athlon XP-M 2400+, 512mb RAM

main system: Nvidia 6800GT, Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.8Ghz, 1024Mb RAM

I finally figured out how to install the plugin. Now it works. Takes about 12 seconds on my laptop.

Specs:

Toshiba Qosmio G15-AV501

1.8 GHz Intel Centrino, 512mb PC2700 DDR-RAM

128MB PC2700 DDR-RAM video (nVidia GeForceFX GO 5700)

It looks great, it's just really slow!

Maybe I'll try it out on my other Toshiba Laptop, and see if it faster

Toshiba Satellite 1905-S277

1.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4 (desktop), 256 mb SDRAM RAM

16MB ATI (something or other, I can't remember ;)--It's 2 1/2 years old)

Sounds like the Aladdin effect works great on ATi cards but terribly on Nvidia cards. My 7800 GT OC is horribly slow.

for those of you who have problems with minimizing firefox, everything is working fine for me, just that I'm still with firefox 1.0.6 :P :P

i think you can still get 1.0.6 installer at firefox website... Genie ooops aladdin effect is simply gorgeous, I'm keeping on minimizing and maximizing windows hehe :D thanks radu for your fantastic efforts.

what beta drivers?....will they make a difference to my 6600gt 256mb agp graphics card?

Yea, mine is slow too.. Using NVIDIA 81.84 driver.

Great work though!

Sounds like the Aladdin effect works great on ATi cards but terribly on Nvidia cards. My 7800 GT OC is horribly slow.

Reminds me of the way Valve software optimised Half-Life 2 to work with Ati cards better ;) , Nooooooooooo Raduking is Pro ATI :D *Joke*

@Duyvan : Your making me jealous :P

there is a pattern emerging that nvidia cards get feshnickerd when the genie effect is used...

**** question... but what is the immense difference in how ati and nvidia handle graphics, and why is there such a dramatic difference in the genies functionality on same