Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RK Launcher 0.4 Beta

263 posts in this topic

Wow thanks that's great, the genie effect work here, but slowly

AMD Athlon

1.11GHz

NVIDIA Geforce2 MX/MX 400

Nice work. This version runs significantly faster for me. Thanks a lot & keep up the great work.

gosh. very good news. this will make my day.

very nice home page. thanks a lot.

wow...you just stole me away from object dock plus :) amazing work.

yes, the genie effect is unusably slow ...7800GT OC here :cool:

thanks, man. i like the dialog updates. also it feels faster to me. nice update.

nice work radu ... the effect is kickass .. you need to play with the code a little bit to get it smoother and less cpu usage ... great work man

How is everyone using the aladin effect? I only see scale effect in the preferences window. :o

Wow, simply stunning! All the new features look great, especially the genie effect which does work on my computer!:)

Your new website for this program looks sweet as well!

Slow genie for me too :(

windows xp sp2

1 gig of ram

nvida fx5600

(posting in bug report, feel free to delete me)

Are there any really significant changes? All I've noticed is the redesigned options dialog, a speed boost, and the added Aladdin Effect, which is very slow and leaves a black trail on the right side of the Firefox window when I minimize it.

i recieve an error direc3d but overall hell of a job

Are there any really significant changes? All I've noticed is the redesigned options dialog, a speed boost, and the added Aladdin Effect, which is very slow and leaves a black trail on the right side of the Firefox window when I minimize it.

Um, is that not significant enough for you? Do you know how long we've been waiting for Aladdin's Lamp?

And what's so bad about a speed boost?

This is a freeware program, and what raduking's done is really impressive.

On that note, excellent job raduking. I'll post more later, but for now, check the front page ;).

-NC

Um, is that not significant enough for you? Do you know how long we've been waiting for Aladdin's Lamp?

Oh no don't get me wrong, I've always been in love with this effect. I've also always longed to be able to see it on my PC, but for right now it doesn't work properly and is very slow.

And what's so bad about a speed boost?

I never said it was bad. Speed boost is great! But RKLauncher already performed very fast on my PC.

I only feel after waiting since March for an update, and all the excitement that was built up for this release, that maybe there could've been just a few more updates.

Sorry if I sound disrespectful, I'm not trying to be. I love RKLauncher and really appreciate what RaduKing is doing and I'll always support it. It is the only dock program I'll use. I just feel like I'm still using the same version of RKLauncher because I can't use the Aladdin effect, and the speed boost (on my PC) isn't that noticeable.

Thanks for the update, Rad. Love the new features: hot spot delay (been waiting for this), performance options (smooth), speed boost and of course, the genie effect. Simply stunning work. Best money I never spent.

yay finally got to play with the update! thanks very much Radu, your hard work is much appreciated. the overall loading/opening of programs seems faster, which is the biggest selling point for me since i don't use any of the shiny effects XD. thanks again, keep up the hard work!

btw, smashing web layout! :)

it's released finally! mood: happy. However, I, like so many others get a "error creating Direct3d device" even though i've got all the requirements...anyway, it's great other than that.

Works great RaduKing. I'll make sure to update the version in FlyakiteOSX ;). Alladin plugin working nearly perfect, although it only sucks in, not out.

P4 2.53Ghz

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

1gig ram