Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[development] FlyakiteOSX v3.0

478 posts in this topic

thanks for posting the change log... there are a lot of changes... though you removed some of the tweaks...

how can we help, mirroring?

The tweaks can all be applied with TweakUI, and they didn't have anything to do with emulating OS X, so I removed them. Especially the Recycle Bin tweak. I can't even tell you how many e-mails I got regarding where the users Recycle Bin went.

Simmer down there shmengie ;)

that's funny, lol, the one about recycle bin. guess there are people who does get ahold of your packs though they may not know much about computers.

I'm kinda new around here, but very nice Flyakite. Really lookin' forward to this release. Keep up the VERY good work :cool:

Just a small update: The release is going to be on time. The reason I don't have the file online is I was waiting for theunknown. He was updating his MacMSN skin to fix all the little bugs, and we were testing it and couldn't get the webcam fix to work. He finally just got it (yes, the webcam issue is fixed now!), sent me the changes, and I'm compiling the 100% final version of FlyakiteOSX right now. Whatever is not fixed, will be seen in another release.

As soon as this finishes compiling, I will upload it and get it distributed to my mirrors. I am finishing up work on the site, and everything will go live tomorrow at 12:00pm (noon) Sunday Chicago time.

It's kind of scary how quiet this thread is now. Yes, I'm still up. It's 5:00am here in Chicago, 7 more hours to go.

I'm finishing up work on the site. I've updated the content, fixed the stupid firefox bug, made an iTunes 7 skin for the MP3 flash player, and tweaked a few other things. All I have left to do is decide what I want to use as the default skin now. Since Apple contacted me before about the content on the site, I am going to change the default site skin. If anyone has a good suggestion for something that is kind of similar to aqua, let me know. I want something clean and smooth. It only takes me 5 minutes to make a skin for the site if I have access to a visual style for a particular skin, so its not going to delay the release.

Also, talk people! I'm bored here and I don't foresee myself sleeping before the release. Its way too quiet in here.

uhm hello buddy...

i got one question, about that apple contacted u about the content on the site... something serious or just to "prevent"? hopefuly there is nothing wrong going on with those guys :P

[just to move a bit the thread...]

You ever felt paranoid, especially now being the center of life for all the bores and funnies out here? after this I would if I were You! Or at least REALLY sick of the word "flyakite" in connection with the terms "when" and" why"....but HEY that's fame nowadays..... Sometime later You'd let Yer mind drift back into the better times when every bloke was updating the picture of a 3 every 5 secs ;-)

BOOO! It's noon in germany!

Yeah but you have till wait till about 7pm mate before its released - we are working to Chicago time (CST).

now THANKS for reminding me ..... what were the words to salt yer wounds? MOD! TAG!

itunes 7? never heard of it... well i'ts quiet here coz we are afraid to be banned by the moderators... ;) 6 hours to go....

I'll be waiting for it even if the release here would be on 2:00AM... i'm sure i'll be the first one to have it in the philippines... hehehe... ;)

it's the same thing i did on v2. downloaded it by 2:00 AM.. and was not able to sleep... coz i was really amazed how it transformed my windows to mac...

itunes 7? never heard of it... well i'ts quiet here coz we are afraid to be banned by the moderators... ;) 6 hours to go....

I'll be waiting for it even if the release here would be on 2:00AM... i'm sure i'll be the first one to have it in the philippines... hehehe... ;)

it's the same thing i did on v2. downloaded it by 2:00 AM.. and was not able to sleep... coz i was really amazed how it transformed my windows to mac...

Sorry I meant iTunes 6. I'm not sure why I was thinking 7.

Anyway though, this thread is crazy:

viewing.jpg

flyakite, if you're wondering why this topic has so many guests.. its because its linked to from the front page of Digg ;)

Keep up the good work.. I'm very much looking forward to the release :)

(the new bootscreen sounds great. I've never liked non-animated bootscreens, so that was one thing that bugged me with 2.0.)

Josh

i thing i am going crazy too....i formated my C: and made clean instal of XP home + all software what i am using and now i'm waiting......and waiting......and what's worst, i'm beginning to like default blue Luna GUI with tiger graphite wallpaper......hmmmmm

i dont know anymore if i want that v3 :))))))))))))

When I installed v.2 over v.1 the button's height got bigger,after I installed xp again, and v.2 on it, it had become to normal. I don't want to happen this again, if I install v.3 over v.2. (Pardon my English)

i thing i am going crazy too....i formated my C: and made clean instal of XP home + all software what i am using and now i'm waiting......and waiting......

I feel you, I'm doing the exact same thing.. just waiting impatiently... :-D

I bought a new computer 2 months ago and did NOT install V2, because I want V3 to take this bastards' virginity... :-D

Flyakite v1/2/3, the best software ever made for wintendo.

(can't wait till I get enough money to buy a Intel-based Mac, delete OSX, install wintendo and Flyakite.. ;-))

If you haven't already got a VS to use, Ruler, Samui, and Eternal Aqua (though this one's pretty close to aqua) are pretty nice.

Very very nice work , this will be shure one of the best releases of the year for me .

I'm just going to format my puter right now , and wait impatiently for it to come out .

I just registered here , because i really wanted to say thank to flyakite for such a great work .

It's only 12:08 am here ( Brazil Time ) , so i will got it today if i'm not wrong ...

Thanks & Regards ,

iChaos

I'm really thinking about formatting my PC as well, but I'm not sure because I have formatted it half a year ago, but I'm from Germany and so I have time 'til Monday until the pack is out. Maybe I'll do it.

@ flyakite: I have to say it once again: I really admire your work and I think this will be the best transformation pack EVER!

In the changelog I've read that there is no Opera skin inside. For all Opera-lovers like me: Try this one, it looks damn good: http://my.opera.com/community/customize/comments.dml?id=826

EDIT: You can find a fitting toolbar setup on this page [it's the creator's homepage]: http://www.demuths.de/iopera/data/00000006.htm