Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dashboard Gadgets ported to Konfabulator

304 posts in this topic

Well, I think these deserve another thread, because they sorta started getting released on one that didn't quite fit the topic.

Also, the first post (this one), can be updated instead of requiring people to search about the thread.

All widgets here are the products of the hard of Ghostwalker and myself.

Dashboard Stickies (Spawning)

OK guys here you go: Dashboard StickyNotes with spawning! Once you run this, a tiny little yellow note will appear with two buttons: a cross and a plus sign (see screenshot). The cross closes the spawning controller, and the plus sign spawns a new sticky note. NOTE THAT SPAWNED NOTES WILL RELOAD AT STARTUP LIKE NORMAL WIDGETS UNTIL YOU CLOSE THEM. ONCE YOU CLOSE THEM, YOUR DATA STORED ON THEM IS DELETED. Based on the Ancestor spawning widget, which in turn is based on spawning code written by Arlo. Made from scratch other than that.

stickynotes.jpg

Get it here: Spawning Dashboard StickyNotes

Unit Converter

UnitConverter.jpg

Made from scratch.

Unit Converter

Dictionary/Thesaurus

Dictionary___Thesaurus_Widget_by_Razadin.jpg

Dictionary/Thesaurus widget

Calculator

Based on Kalculator.

Calculator widget

konfabulator.jpg

Translator

Based on the Konfabulator translator widget

Translator

World ClockNEW

Get it here!

worldclock290905144zn.jpg

can we please keep the 'COOL!' posts down to a dull roar and only post important info in here?

In fact, I say lock this thread from all of you post count *****s so it only has releases in it...

SEPH!!!

Great stuff saladin and duckie ;) I have one suggestion about the Stickies... instead of a seperate spawning controller, could you not have a single button built into the current stickie? Say, have a small mouse-over plus symbol in the bottom left, like the 'flip over' button... Just a suggestion, I reckon it would clean up the system a bit

Great stuff saladin and duckie ;) I have one suggestion about the Stickies... instead of a seperate spawning controller, could you not have a single button built into the current stickie? Say, have a small mouse-over plus symbol in the bottom left, like the 'flip over' button... Just a suggestion, I reckon it would clean up the system a bit

Thats what Im working on with my Dashboard Stickies

i think the only thing that i can think of glitch wise, is the graphix on the close button for the stickies. its kind of poor quality. but nice release.

lol i was gonna suggest that u make ur own thread now... and it seems like u did... :) good job!

edit:

I only have one tinny winny problem... whenever i turn on my konfab.. sometimes i only see the lcd of the Kalculator... and when i click it, it goes back to normal... anyway to fix this... it doesnt bother me that much though...

that kalculator problem was fixed a while back. Redownload it.

Oh, and its time for another dictionary teaser :)

teaserdict.jpg

Lovely widgets.

Any chance of us seeing the iTunes controller?

I see an iTunes controller and WMP controller for those without itunes.

I have a small request for the Calculator Widget. Can you guys make it so the delete key on the keyboard functions as the clear button on the calculator, and the backspace key fuctions as the delete button please?

Thanks!

a question about the world clock widget your making ghost walker, is it gonna do the am/pm background thing,

like this

:worldclock.png

yeah exactly. how about the datebook?

please release it man..asap. lol

kinda of waiting on k2 intigration with outlook and a todo list was promised

did I miss anohter release of the world clock?

Clock is not released yet and Im talking about Konfabulator version 2. Clock is also now resizable.....

capture170605091eg.jpg

i have a question- in the teaser pictures, the definition comes down in some kind of drop down menu, but, on mine it takes me to a dictinary website- by the way, geat job on the other widgets, they are perfect.

umm... the reason they are called "teaser" pictures is because they previewing something that it is to come, and I know loads of people have really been waiting for this for a long time (including myself).

Unlike the one you have, this one retrieves the definitions. No idea about any sort of ETA

can anyone give me a good, big picture of the dashboard dictionary gadget, and tell me if the left/right buttons are for toggling dictionary/thesaurus mode, or switching between definitions?

the arrows are for switcching between modes, yes.

as for the imagery, I have the images for the gadget if you want them.

Could you Ghostwalker, my man make in upcoming World Clock ability to spawn it? Thank you Saladin and Ghostwalker for everything! ;)

its not the resources I need, cause I got them from another thread here.

I just want a nice picture of it to make sure I get the feel of the widget right.

I just did a rehaul of it today because I didn't have any structure before. Now its very fast and flexible... makes a release seem a lot closer than I thought :)

The one on the Apple site is pretty small.

Oh, and for those you emailing me, moaning that only 1 definition is given in the screenshots, take a look:

dict.jpg