Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[release] Smooth Operator Port (for Miranda's IEView plugin)

77 posts in this topic

thx you russellc now everything works fine i've made a clean install of xp

thx for the support ;)

I'm just curious, does anybody know whether miranda supports avatars for Y!? I tried having a look at their forum but it's been taken down for maintenance. I know that a Y! plugin is under development but I'm not sure about avatars support.

are you talking about AIM? or MSN? or ICQ? If you're talking about ICQ or AIM, buddy icons are not supported yet. (icq doesn't even have buddy icons to start with). With MSN, you need to enable them in the MSN Protocol options. Its pretty big an noticible (on the right side) of the options.

hey, great port :)

im not seeing that option for the avatar...

i used to see it before when using pe8ers miranda config but now its not there

any idea on how to fix it?

im pretty sure ive got the latest plugins

hey, great port :)

im not seeing that option for the avatar...

i used to see it before when using pe8ers miranda config but now its not there

any idea on how to fix it?

im pretty sure ive got the latest plugins

do you have the latest miranda?

beautiful... too bad I miranda is so beta still, its buggy and a real pain to maintain.

sometimes long words break off and continue on a new line... can that be fixed?

sometimes long words break off and continue on a new line... can that be fixed?

in smoothoperator.ivt, look for any instances of word-break:break-all; and change them to word-wrap:break-word; or just take it off. i don't think word-wrap:break-word works in IE. i'm kinda out of it right now, i'm a bit tired :P

for everyone else: be aware, the next port is coming soon! but for now, sleep is good :P

@russellc

What Icons do you have vor Miranda? Can you tell where to find them?

franziose

I have followed the instructions on all of the mods for miranda, but have gotten nowhere.

The only mod I managed to get to work is the clist mod.

Would that mod have any impact on this mod?

I tried Pe8er's instructions, I tried these instructions, but i'm completely lost.

would it be possible to get step by step instructions with pics to accomplish this?

*EDIT*

OK, nevermind, finallly got it working.... It just hangs for a while before the message window comes up, I kept killing it because i thought it was stuck. This time i just let it be for a while.

Should it take a long time to finally render the chat window, or am I doing something wrong?

@franziose: i'm using proxal :)

@heavy a: depending on your computer specifications, the chat window will take a bit longer than some other templates to load. this is due to the use of PNG transparencies. other templates not using PNG transparencies will be reasonably quicker to load when opening a conversation window.

I have the latest Miranda, the latest IEview plugin and Tabsrrm plugin, I follow the instructions and nothing.......went over this like 3 times too, ready to go insane now

@oldschoolsty133: make sure that you've enabled "activate support for extenal log" for your tabsrmm. If you want you can IM me on MSN, I can help you.

Good luck

is your build of tabsrmm the latest -test- build? you can find it at tabsrmm.sf.net ..i think its on the left side of the site (0.9.9.7)

IT WORKS IT WORKS, YES YES YES YES YES, RUSSELLC YOU DA LOCAL PIMP KID, I FEEL LIKE I'M ON MY MAC ON XP NOW, YES YES YES, YES YES YES, ahem

smooth operator is updated!

now including a translucent top bar variation! smooth operator requires ieview 1.0.2.0 to prevent any problems from the past and also for the top bar. the top bar variation also requires tabsrmm 0.9.9.9 to work properly

Don't know if it is a bug or it was meant this way but smoothoperator.ivt does not remember timestamps (when messages a grouped). They are only available for current message and after another is typed they disappear.

It seems that it works correctly with smoothoperator_topbar.ivt, that is, timestamps retain their position.

yeah that's a bug...but i dont have much time to update my templates, atm...so, an update will be done sometime in the future :P

sorry

yeah that's a bug...but i dont have much time to update my templates, atm...so, an update will be done sometime in the future :P

sorry

Ok. Thanks for confirming this. Don't worry the bug is not that critical :) and I can wait for it to be fixed.